OP posts:
Brumbies · 29/11/2023 22:03
OP posts:
Brumbies · 30/11/2023 07:58
OP posts:
Brumbies · 30/11/2023 08:46
OP posts:
Pizdietz · 30/11/2023 09:19

@Brumbies I have wondered about starting similar threads, just to counterbalance the floods and floods of what borders dangerously on Hamas propaganda that dominate MN.

The thing is, I don't think anyone will really join in on these threads. People mature enough to have a more nuanced grasp of the situation are unlikely to have the time to sit on MN all day copy/pasting news updates from their X/Insta feed.

As you have found, the voices dominating MN on this topic are not interested in intelligent discussion, only in scoring points. I think we just have to leave them to have their bun fight and accept that the place for discussion is not on this forum.

Pizdietz · 30/11/2023 09:26

Brumbies · 29/11/2023 21:58

vm.tiktok.com/ZGedgv8DA/

"It scars me that people are able to do these kinds of things in the 21st century. But there are also people who refuse to believe it. Despite the overwhelming evidence."

Well, quite.

I'm afraid people have always been dumb, but it really frightens me to see just how dumb.

Brumbies · 30/11/2023 09:33

@Brumbies I have wondered about starting similar threads, just to counterbalance the floods and floods of what borders dangerously on Hamas propaganda that dominate MN.

The thing is, I don't think anyone will really join in on these threads. People mature enough to have a more nuanced grasp of the situation are unlikely to have the time to sit on MN all day copy/pasting news updates from their X/Insta feed.

As you have found, the voices dominating MN on this topic are not interested in intelligent discussion, only in scoring points. I think we just have to leave them to have their bun fight and accept that the place for discussion is not on this forum.

I see where you are coming from, however, someone needs to try to balance things and that's what this thread is about.

OP posts:
Pizdietz · 30/11/2023 09:37

Brumbies · 30/11/2023 09:33

I see where you are coming from, however, someone needs to try to balance things and that's what this thread is about.

Oh I agree, I'm just trying to say don't be downhearted if you don't get many posts in response! (except of course the usual spammers...)

Thank goodness MN, or at least this board, is not a balanced reflection of people in real life.

ssd · 30/11/2023 10:05

@Pizdietz , you have a thread complaining that a certain poster starts a thread by copying and pasting links on israeli atrocities and can something be done about all this c&p going on....yet here you are on a thread where the op has c&p many times , yet because its about hamas atrocities you are happy to join in???

Maybe i should just leave you two well alone with your own ramblings..

Pizdietz · 30/11/2023 10:07

@ssd You again...!

I understand the OP's efforts to try and balance things out, but it's a pointless exercise.

Katharineblum · 30/11/2023 10:08

@Brumbies I'm surprised that the same old names haven’t turned up tbh. That’s what normally happens on.every.single.ME conflict.thread.

Brumbies · 30/11/2023 10:24

ssd · 30/11/2023 10:05

@Pizdietz , you have a thread complaining that a certain poster starts a thread by copying and pasting links on israeli atrocities and can something be done about all this c&p going on....yet here you are on a thread where the op has c&p many times , yet because its about hamas atrocities you are happy to join in???

Maybe i should just leave you two well alone with your own ramblings..

Good idea you suggest, that is just to leave us alone.

OP posts:
Depdawg · 30/11/2023 10:39

A thoroughly excellent post.
It explains part of the reason a separate, dedicated board was formed.
AIBU would have been bombarded
With repeat threads, containing excessive copy and paste links.
Just posted without nuanced reference points for debate.

Depdawg · 30/11/2023 10:43

Katharineblum · 30/11/2023 10:08

@Brumbies I'm surprised that the same old names haven’t turned up tbh. That’s what normally happens on.every.single.ME conflict.thread.

Give it time.

XRAYTHIS · 30/11/2023 10:45

Brumbies · 29/11/2023 22:03

vm.tiktok.com/ZGedprmr5/

I don't have tic toc and so have avoided most of the dreadful images.

However listening to responders who discovered the bodies of the families tortured together, in front of each other, whilst the terrorists sat eating their meal. Taking an eye out, removing body parts whilst the family are tied facing each other to watch.

They are sick, evil.

ssd · 30/11/2023 10:47

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SovietSpy · 30/11/2023 10:49

I think a thread to discuss Hamas, its operations and atrocities is a good idea. Some of the things I read online like, for example, the two ‘traitors’ they executed recently doesn’t get any airtime but it shows what a barbaric regime they are.
The only point I’d raise is where links are posted with no context to what it’s about. It annoys me on other threads as well you read subsequent posts that confirm it’s something quite upsetting so I don’t tend to click any of them. So maybe we can agree the post info/updates and a link to support if it’s helpful or relevant?

Pizdietz · 30/11/2023 10:51

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Yes; it is used by some people as a platform for bullying.

Depdawg · 30/11/2023 10:55

XRAYTHIS · 30/11/2023 10:45

I don't have tic toc and so have avoided most of the dreadful images.

However listening to responders who discovered the bodies of the families tortured together, in front of each other, whilst the terrorists sat eating their meal. Taking an eye out, removing body parts whilst the family are tied facing each other to watch.

They are sick, evil.

Yet odious creatures, such as Owen Jones, question the authenticity of the
actual Hamas footage.
If the rapes weren't caught on camera, they didn't happen.
Israel did the right thing by not releasing world wide that footage but it has cost them. We only have to look at the usual tribe of posters, just to see that.
Those responders will take a long time
to recover from the traumatic findings.

YetAnotherSpartacus · 30/11/2023 10:57

I agree, OP.

Pennina · 30/11/2023 11:27

3 Israelis murdered by Hamas this morning at Givat Shaul interchange in Jerusalem. This is by the main bus station if I remember the area correctly. Both terrorists had previously been imprisoned due to terrorist activities.

Good to see that the ceasefire is not applicable in Jerusalem. Both terrorists shot dead.

Iwantcakeeveryday · 30/11/2023 11:44

just to counterbalance the floods and floods of what borders dangerously on Hamas propaganda that dominate MN.

I am shocked that there is so much of this here, its insane. People desperately trying to prove how much better Hamas is than the IDF, actually saying they treated hostages well!! My god. There is so much misinformation, a mountain of it. There are so many inconsistencies about Gaza, things that don't add up or make sense. I think people are very unaware of basic facts, like the sheer size of Hamas, its not some tiny faction of terrorist, its tens of thousands, and clearly they're not the only group, there is apparently 11 armed terrorists groups in Gaza. Also all the stuff about hospitals not having power for crucial things like incubators but somehow we are seeing crowds of people in Gaza surrounding the hostages being released and getting into Red Cross vans, all holding up iPhones. How are they charging them?

backtowinter · 30/11/2023 11:53

Thanks for posting.

Although I won't ever open links I do appreciate what you are trying to do.

I wonder if some posters have actual jobs given the time they spend all over every thread in this section. It must be so exhausting to be them

Depdawg · 30/11/2023 11:57

Iwantcakeeveryday · 30/11/2023 11:44

just to counterbalance the floods and floods of what borders dangerously on Hamas propaganda that dominate MN.

I am shocked that there is so much of this here, its insane. People desperately trying to prove how much better Hamas is than the IDF, actually saying they treated hostages well!! My god. There is so much misinformation, a mountain of it. There are so many inconsistencies about Gaza, things that don't add up or make sense. I think people are very unaware of basic facts, like the sheer size of Hamas, its not some tiny faction of terrorist, its tens of thousands, and clearly they're not the only group, there is apparently 11 armed terrorists groups in Gaza. Also all the stuff about hospitals not having power for crucial things like incubators but somehow we are seeing crowds of people in Gaza surrounding the hostages being released and getting into Red Cross vans, all holding up iPhones. How are they charging them?

I find the tribal posters' reference to Hamas quite disturbing.
It's usually ascribing a sense of
normality to these terrorists.
There IS no controlled and measured
Way terrorists go about their business.
They seek maximum disruption and havoc.
Yet these posters talk about them as though Hamas have a conscience, that can be wavered, according to whether a
woman is young or old.
Whether a child is a baby or pre teens.
Their rationale is determined by dominance.

Pennina · 30/11/2023 12:06

Poor little girl. She died. Bled to death because Hamas cut her hand off.

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/bj1rzalq6?utmsource=taboola&utmmmedium=referral&utmcontent=internal

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.