Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Wishful thinking i know but........................................

214 replies

Jemma7 · 19/08/2003 12:13

Everyone will probably see this thread was started by me and think "Oh god, not her again".

You can tell it's getting towards that time of the month.

Anyway, on day 26 of cycle - have had a really dull tummy ache for last 2 days as if A/F is going to arrive - actually been going to the toilet to check it's that bad (Gross i know but i have to be graphic).
Woke up this morning feeling really sicky but thought i was just probably hungry as had not eaten last night - therefore went to the shop to buy a Mars Bar (Healthy, i know) and have now just thrown the whole mars bar back up again.

Is it just wishful thinking? Can't test yet as cycle's vary from 28 days to 38 days.

OP posts:
Please
or

niknik · 19/08/2003 12:30

ooh Jemma do you know when you ovulated, it might be worth testing if 12 days ago

Please
or

Boe · 19/08/2003 12:32

Keeping fingers crossed for you Jemma X

Please
or

bluecow · 19/08/2003 12:47

Ooh here's hoping, Jems. Yes, niknik is right - you might get a very faint line already if you are pg. My first symptoms after conception were mild crampy feelings.

Please
or

Jemma7 · 19/08/2003 12:59

This is my problem - haven't got the feintest idea when i ov'd.
Bought OPK and Boe kindly donated her Persona to me last month but haven't started using them yet as have had to wait for next cycle to start.

Oh i hate this feeling - am I? aren't I?.................

OP posts:
Please
or

Boe · 19/08/2003 13:00

Jemma - go and get a kit and give it a go - it may show nothing but you have to remember that may be because you are so early testing.

Please
or

quackers · 19/08/2003 13:17

Oh no not her again.....
Hi Jems! Go get a test, if your symptoms really are those of pg then a test will be faintly positive! I did a test on day 22 (ov day 12) and got a good positive. If it is neg then test in 3 days!! Simple as that - no need for waiting etc... Try a first response I did a second test even in the evening and got the same result preetty much as am. Good luck!!xxxxxx

Please
or

splash · 19/08/2003 13:38

Hi jemma. i tested early too and it gave me a positive in the afternoon. it was feint but i was also three days early. first respose. the next morning wee was very positive. i would get a test. why wait. i knew things this time as my boobs were sore but not like when i was due on, just a different kind of feelng. also felt like they were huge and people could see them and not me. also i squeezed the nipples hard and some liquid came out. that was a shock. this also happened too tillysmummy. i feel sick sometimes and in previous pregs have been starving. this time i seem to be full up.odd.
after my bleed it paniked me and i took a boots test the day i was due and the still gave me a positive line. you should be able to test now if you have conceived.

Please
or

Jemma7 · 19/08/2003 15:26

Well - i tried to eat a bowl of tomato soup at lunch time as i was starving but as soon as i'd finished the last mouth it all came back up again - EURG!
However, had now been told in no uncertain terms that there is abug going round and that is what it is likely to be.

I have got a test at home so i might do it tonight - it just feels like such a waste when it's sooo early.

OP posts:
Please
or

wickedstepmother · 19/08/2003 15:27

£9 for (relative) peace of mind, Jemma, is not a waste. Best of luck

Please
or

Jemma7 · 19/08/2003 15:37

I know, I know - think i'm just worrying again - get like this every month - wondering if it going to be our time.

Just would hate to test too early and it be negative and then have to wait until longest point of cycle to get a definite answer.

OP posts:
Please
or

quackers · 19/08/2003 16:14

Oh jems, if the syptoms you're experiencing are truly pg symptoms then the hormones will be strong enough to detect a pg, even this early. I would only use an early test though at this stage as it can detect very small amounts of HCG. I hope it's not a bug but even if u get a neg test and no period try again in three days. I wanted to put off trying but I thought my syptoms are so strong even at 22 days I'll have to try!! Good luckxxxxxx

Please
or

niknik · 19/08/2003 16:19

Good luck for tonight Jemma if you do do your test.

Please
or

Jemma7 · 19/08/2003 16:30

Thanks for your advise girlies - i think what worries me sometimes as well is that a friend of mine had 9 negative tests before finding out she was pregnant as she had really low hormone level. Don't think i could handle 9 negative's but no a/f and wondering what the hell was going on.

Has anyone else heard of or experienced this?

OP posts:
Please
or

niknik · 19/08/2003 16:38

Yes that happened with me, I was about 8 days late and 6 negative results before I got a positive result. My hormones were too low and I had m/c at about 7 weeks.
Apart from no a/f I did'nt have any pg symptoms such as "vomiting" which although unpleasent, is a side effect of high hormone levels!

Please
or

quackers · 20/08/2003 09:22

Jems???? How are you today? Will u be the third this month?

Please
or

Jemma7 · 20/08/2003 09:33

Didn't do it - sorry to dissapoint!!!
Bottled out at the last minute.

I don't know why i put myself through this every month - every time it gets close i always start wondering - I swear half of the stuff is probably just in my imagination.

Doesn't fill me with much confidence that dp's mum is into witchcraft and reckons we will not be conceiving until May 04. Not only this, but she is sure the baby will be delivered on New Years Eve.

I hope she is wrong - Couldn't stand having to go through this every month for the next 9 months.

OP posts:
Please
or

quackers · 20/08/2003 09:45

Oh Jems! Firstly I think all that witch stuff is crap - so ignore that - sorry. Secondly, we're all guilty of willing it to happen so much that you get confused if it's really pg symptoms or imagination. How do you feel today though? Pre menstrual - I know the 2 can feel the same. Achy boobs? Sickness usually hits about 5-6 weeks but I'm sure someone will tell me they felt sick a little earlier, it is poss I suppose if you have strong HCG as some do! Everyone is so different. Fingers crossed for you chuck. You've beed so lovely to me, I'm really grateful. I forget were u going to start Persona - if of course you;re not pg!!

Please
or

Jemma7 · 20/08/2003 09:57

Thanks Quacks,that's very reassuring - I just couldn't believe DP's mum had even said it to be honest - fancy saying something like that to your son & DIL when they are ttc.

No, haven't got any symptoms but i'm not really going by that as last month had every possible symptoms you could think of and then a/f arrived.

I think if i am not pg i will give persona a go for a few months and then if still no luck i will suggest to DP about not trying so hard and just see what happens - have heard this has worked for a lot of people i.e. all the stress of ttc not helping etc.

Can't help feeling frustrated at the minute though - Everywhere i look there are babies - walking down the street (their mum's walking them of course), on the tele etc.
Where i live there are a lot of young mums (Like 15yrs) who quite obviously didn't plan to have a baby but have beautiful children and a lot of my friends recently have fallen pregnant without even wanting to...................

Blimey, reading back over that i sound a tad obsessed.

OP posts:
Please
or

Cornflower · 20/08/2003 09:59

fingers crossed for you Jemma7. Cd someone let me know what af is? I can't work it out.

Please
or

SoupDragon · 20/08/2003 10:00

Maybe your MIL is confused and you'll be due May 04 with your next baby arriving on a NYEve!

Please
or

wickedstepmother · 20/08/2003 10:08

I think it's a period euphamism, 'Aunty Flo' ??

Please
or

quackers · 20/08/2003 10:17

Jems, I was bit obsessed I have to say, used persona and did get pg, was surprised cos everyone says if you obsess then it won't happen. I don't think there's anything wrong with a little gentle push on the right days! Depends how you do it! Maybe persona would be useful to you. Doing it every other day on the red days would mean about 4 'sessions'! Not too bad!!!

Please
or

wickedstepmother · 20/08/2003 10:30

I was a bit obsessive too, even form the 1st month of trying (we conceived on the 6th month) ! I would ALWAYS test too early and then end up buying and using at least another 4 that month, along with the Clearblue OPKs. We worked it out that I'd spent over £330 on pregnancy/ovulation predictors !

Please
or

Jemma7 · 20/08/2003 10:35

This is where i get confused - obviously persona is used as a contraceptive device - therefore do i need to be bd'ing on red days?

Also, i need as much help on this as poss - how long will it take before i know when i'm ov'ing?

OP posts:
Please
or

bunny2 · 20/08/2003 10:38

Jemma, I have tested negative 4 times this week but still no af. Its so frustrating isnt it?? Did your friend who took 9 tests go on to have a healthy pg?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?