Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Come and tell me your dull and unexciting news 22: Calmly through the day

MissConductUS · 24/03/2022 23:17

I've started a new one. Please join us and share the boring and mundane things happening in your world. It will be calming for all.

Here is the link to the prior thread:

Come and tell me your dull and unexciting news 21: Calmly through the day

OP's posts:
Please
or

Silkierabbit · 25/03/2022 07:58

Thanks for starting this MissC

Please
or

Mindymomo · 25/03/2022 08:07

Dh and I are just getting over covid and we are still absolutely shattered doing any strenuous. We will go for a dog walk later and probably sleep this afternoon. We’re having a chinese takeaway tonight, adult DS has auditors at work who make his life hard, so he’s going to need a treat when he gets home. Might watch Bridgerton, we saw filming of the first series at a local garden.

Please
or

MissConductUS · 25/03/2022 09:21

Welcome, @Mindymomo, and thanks for sharing your covid, canine ambulation and takeaway news. I'm sorry to hear that you and your DH had a rough time with covid. It can be awful even if you are vaccinated.

I used to love Chinese food but during my first pregnancy, I lost my taste for it and have never wanted it again.

I saw Bridgerton come up on my suggested list on either Amazon Prime or Netflix. I love British TV so I'll have to give it a try.

OP's posts:
Please
or

FasterthanBolt · 25/03/2022 09:30

For the absolute first time in his life, ds2 woke up for school early, did everything that was needed and was cheerful all the way through until I dropped him off on my way to work. He's 16 and only has a couple of months left but it has made my day.

Please
or

beguilingeyes · 25/03/2022 09:32

We moved into a new house in January and my husband finally put up a washing line yesterday and I can hang my washing outside now.

Please
or

Prokupatuscrakedatus · 25/03/2022 10:19

Faster I share your suprised happiness. Smile
DS has only a couple of months left and suddenly about February he started to do this.

I am back from the hairdresser's DD thinks it looks good.

Please
or

Spudlet · 25/03/2022 10:29

I left my little travel clock at a clients house yesterday - this is most vexing as I need to have an eye on the time and I can’t wear a watch when I’m working. Luckily she has it and has left in her porch for me to get when I pass there later.

Please
or

alsonotmyname · 25/03/2022 10:47

I've just had my piano tuned and I'm off to the chemist shortly

Please
or

DoctorTwo · 25/03/2022 12:32

Thanks for the new thread MissC, my stomach still hurts, almost enough to ring the GP. I'll see how it goes.

Please
or

MissConductUS · 25/03/2022 13:43

Welcome, @FasterthanBolt, @beguilingeyes, and @alsonotmyname and thanks for sharing your news. One thing I love about starting a new thread is that we always get a few new posters who delurk and join us.

Faster, have you considered the possibility that DS2 has been kidnapped by aliens and replaced with an android programmed for unusually mature behavior? Grin When my DD was 14 and she offered to help me clean up the kitchen my first reaction was to grab her by the shoulders and shout "What have you done with my real daughter?".

Doctor, ring the GP persistent stomach pain is nothing to mess about with.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lemonsandlemonade · 25/03/2022 15:53

Hello 👋 can’t believe the old thread is full.

Just come to say high. Been off work today as was sick in night but now feel totally fine.

Please
or

gingerhills · 25/03/2022 16:01

I love this thread.

DS is home from uni but went for his booster yesterday so has taken to his bed all day Grin

DCat is peeved that DS has returned to steal some attention and wandered the house screeching until he was worn out and is now collapsed on my bed, paws tucked in.

I spent all morning on a work Powerpoint but am happy with it now. Still wiped out by a chest infection that came on the back of Covid. Still can't exercise. Sad But will cook a risotto primavera for tea, so all is well.

Please
or

HelloSpringIveMissedYou · 25/03/2022 16:05

Love threads like these Grin

I have Covid and only have one LFT left and can't get any more, however just found a stash in 15 year old DS's room, god only knows why he has a supply of them. Made my day, I am hoping I might test negative tomorrow morning and will be free for the weekend 🤞

Still waiting on him getting up for school without being prompted, he's fab normally but fowl on a morning.

Please
or

HelloSpringIveMissedYou · 25/03/2022 16:07

That reads like he's actually still in bed Grin

Please
or

Spudlet · 25/03/2022 17:25

I got my clock back! But I have ordered a little nurse’s watch so I don’t have to use it anymore - one less thing for me to carry in and out of the car

Please
or

LoveFall · 25/03/2022 18:32

I would love to order in Chinese tonight but convincing DH will be an issue. He is out but I'm pretty sure he will want the pasta sauce I made a few days ago instead. You have to love him. Born in London during WWII and grew up in a Council property with rations in place. Very hard working father (6 days a week, long hours). He is very frugal and doesn't like waste at all!

But my pasta sauce is good of course.

The weather here is very Pacific Northwest, cloudy and rainy on and off. The dog and I were birdwatching this morning. There are masses of birds in the trees but quite hidden. Lots of robins going along the grass looking for insects. The robins as singing a lot. I did see a junco and some bushtits.

I think the dog likes birdwatching as he gets to sniff while I look up.

DGD started her driving lessons this week and says the instructor was good but talked too much. We paid for her brother's lessons so she gets the same. She has been on spring break from school but going to a work experience placement downtown with an investment company. She is quite focused that one and wants to be an actuary.

Please
or

gluenotsoup · 25/03/2022 18:35

Can I join in, please?
Dd 6 just had a piano lesson and her teacher is so pleased with her progress, hopefully she’s a natural. Other dd off to a party so a night of running every one around for me.

Please
or

MissConductUS · 25/03/2022 19:28

Welcome @gingerhills, @HelloSpringIveMissedYou, and @gluenotsoup, and thanks for sharing your various and mundane news.

ginger, I don't know if you were reading the earlier thread, but I have two at uni myself. DS was home last week on spring break but he got his booster last fall. Our two cats love it when he comes home as they have someone else to bother for treats.

Hellospring, the schools here have been sending the kids home with covid tests so that may be where your DS got his. We love this thread too, and it's lovely that you do as well.

Spudlet, I'm glad you got your clock back. The nurse's watch is a good solution for you. They are a traditional gift for those graduating from nursing school. Many hospitals have a "bare below the elbow" policy for infection control reasons. A lot depends on what setting you're in. The Apple watch is also very popular because of timer and alarm apps but you have to get a silicone band and wash the whole thing when you wash your hands.

glue, of course you can join in, all are welcome! And well done to your daughter.

DH is making pizza tonight. It's more fun when DS is home as they do it together as a team, which is mostly DH preparing ingredients and tidying up as DS performs as the pizza chef. Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

devildeepbluesea · 25/03/2022 19:33

Can I join please?

I just made DD’s favourite tea, chicken & cheese quesadillas with mango salsa.

I hung some clothes on the line for the first time this year, they now smell lovely.

Please
or

ooooof · 25/03/2022 19:35

This is a lovely thread 😊

I've put my little ones to bed and am already tucked up myself.

Looking forward to a lovely weekend with family

Please
or

MissConductUS · 25/03/2022 20:12

Welcome, @devildeepbluesea and @ooooof, and thanks for sharing your mundane news. Devil, your quesadillas sound amazing. Is Mexican food popular in the UK?

ooooof, how old are your little ones?

I'm heading home shortly, thank goodness. Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

Silkierabbit · 25/03/2022 20:19

I normally love a Chinese takeaway - I may have mentioned getting one a time of two Grin but chemotherapy is currently changing what I want to eat to less sweet Shock and smaller and more often. Will be having aligot and long brocolli tonight.

Finally managed to sleep a bit today after 2 days on a chemo steroid high preeceded by 2 days piriton zombie mode, its a bit like being at a theme park where you go on very fast rides get dizzy and can only sleep. Back for round 2/12 on Monday.

DD got her first GCSE mock result back and she got 100% in maths. Less than 2 months until real ones start.

Welcome to all the newbies. Glad you have improved Lemons.

Please
or

Prokupatuscrakedatus · 25/03/2022 20:46

Only a few of you will be surpised to hear that a tiny heap of papers as appeared on the corner of the dining table (in addition to the stuff on the sofa no.1 and the Lack tables under the table no. 2).

Hmm that sounds as if I was living in a funiture exhibition. Grin

Please
or

HelenaJustina · 25/03/2022 21:33

prok can you summarise the Doctor Who chat? Sorry the papers are making a creeping reappearance.

DH and I have been to an art show preview evening. There were canapés no dinner required for DH tonight and people wandering around offering to top up your free glass of Prosecco no gin required for me tonight I was actually quite restrained as we had to leave before the speeches and raffle draw to collect DC2 from swim training.

Please
or

Lemonsandlemonade · 26/03/2022 06:29

Glad you managed to get sleep Silkie.

Did you enjoy the art you saw Helena?

Almost a major disaster here. We had a new washing machine delivered DH and I moved it into place up flights of stairs. Put it on for first load 15 minuet quick wash perfect second load it starts leaking everywhere from the side by detergent drawer. As it’s upstairs we had to act fast.

Gutted and something that will need sorting today. 🤦‍♀️

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.