We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Onward Slenderistas! MARCHing as to Phwoar! The lose 7lbs in a month thread

(956 Posts)
BitOutOfPractice Tue 28-Feb-17 20:02:49

Welcome to a brand new shiny thread to help us all onwards and downwards through March.

Here's a link to the last February thread

keeponkeepinon Tue 28-Feb-17 20:10:33

This is it, this is the month....

Stellar67 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:13:04

I'm doing it! I'm here. Goodbye Linda's!

BitOutOfPractice Tue 28-Feb-17 20:16:17

<links arms and sings kum by ar>

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Tue 28-Feb-17 20:21:12

Marching here! in honour of Pancake Day the last day of Feb is not going well

Total loss to date 10lb. Which actually sounds pretty good!

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Tue 28-Feb-17 20:21:56

Ahem. Slight typo in thread title.

Softpebbles Tue 28-Feb-17 20:44:18

Checking in. 😀

Naughtysausage Tue 28-Feb-17 20:58:41

Parking myself just here...

Archduke Tue 28-Feb-17 21:06:56

*PINCH PUNCH FIRST OF THE MONTH

NO RETURNS*

<runs round pinching and punching>

Weighed in this morning and am exactly the same weight, which to be fair is almost 10kg less than when I started so hurrah for that. But boo for hanging around the same weight. I haven't been able to run for the last few days or exercise at all, and feel blergh. Bloody work getting in the way. My stomach is currently so bloated, Iook about 6 months pregnant. Apart from the fact that when I actually was 6 months pregnant I was fat from the eyelids down.

Happy March everyone.

BitOutOfPractice Tue 28-Feb-17 21:14:14

Cheddar I've reported it blush

Archduke Tue 28-Feb-17 21:19:49

I can't see it <the typo> am I fick?

ponygirlcurtis Tue 28-Feb-17 21:26:52

Love it BOOP! Thanks for starting the thread. halo

Arch ow are you doing, are you still feeling fed up with DH and the kids?

Nice to have you back Hairspray, sounds like a lovely holiday. Maybe you could be the one doing the asking?

I am starting the month steadfastly under the 11stone mark (by 0.25lb). That's my line. March is a tough month - two weekends away - so as long as I don't go back up I will be a happy pre-Easter bunny.

Archduke Tue 28-Feb-17 21:37:29

Hi Pony still hate dh, but I'm warming to the kids. The dog's give me the pip but I'm less stressed out than I was last night.

It's just I'm working 2 jobs, am school board member, president of local sports club, trying to keep a family functioning and fed, living 1000s of miles from family (not always a bad thing) and all chuffing dh does is ride his sodding bike he does help a lot and I love him but I'm ignoring that for the purposes of this whinge. Everything got on top of me yesterday when dh told me from his sitting position that the house was full of mozzies, and expected me to get the spray and massacre them all. WANKER. It was veritably the straw that broke this camel's back.

Archduke Tue 28-Feb-17 21:38:41

Well done Pony on sub 11 stone! Brilliant start to the month.

Squiffy01 Tue 28-Feb-17 22:10:34

pony well done on new stone bracket!

arch glad the kids are warming up again hope dH gets less annoying soon and work stress gets less soon or at least more manageable.

I've just remembered I can't eat meat tomorrow so much for having a night off for exercise and eating left overs.

Today was a bit shit with food, but how could I not have pancakes grin

ponygirlcurtis Tue 28-Feb-17 22:14:18

Arch I feel your pain. That is very frustrating, straw indeed. I am not surprised you are worn out, and not surprised you are pissed off with DH. Can you do something nice for yourself that's a bit fuck everyone?

Chardonnay73 Tue 28-Feb-17 22:15:15

Marking place and praying for a whoosh for tomorrow....*not hopeful* hmm

FreeNiki Tue 28-Feb-17 22:23:53

I had 3 pancakes this evening. Ah well! Great results everyone!

Stellar67 Tue 28-Feb-17 22:28:41

If you are anything like me chard the only swoosh will be if I accidentally touched the d&v germs which some of our seniors are lying about off with this week.

I'm considering weighing in tomo then ignoring the scales for the entire month! Had anyone tried this? I weigh myself too much when I get serious.

willhazboz Wed 01-Mar-17 06:53:45

Morning! I weighed in at 14 st 7 1/2 blushblushblush so that's 7.5lbs since started in middle of Feb. Very pleased with that. Obviously with such a high start weight I would expect a reasonable loss at first. It'll slow down this month no doubt.
Stellar in theory that sounds good but I know if I did that I would ignore dieting for 3 weeks and then panic in the last week. You probably have more willpower than me though!
I have a hen do in March but not much else planned. I also go back to work after mat leave so at least I will stop celebrating everyone's days off (husband works shifts) with wine and will have my own 'weekend'.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Wed 01-Mar-17 07:07:58

Holy crapola, Archie, you are Superwoman! awe

Last night I had one large pancake but DH hadn't left me much batter, the arsehole, so I mindlessly scoffed 1 giant triple chocolate cookie, 1 cinnamon and raisin bagel (this was "dinner"), 1 row of Aldi Fruit and Nut chocolate, a mini Cherry and Chilli chocolate bar and finished up with a BabyBel to take away the sick feeling. blushblush I am premenstrual and pissed off - where the jeff is my fecking period? I am not pregnant deed has not been done all month due to endlessly ill children getting in the bed so why did it randomly show up on day 20 last month, totally unexpectedly, and here I am on day 29 wondering where the feck it is now?

<breathes>

Sorry for the rant. As you were. Ahem. Starting weight 10.11.0 (yesterday's weight as due to last night's little lot I'm too scared to weigh).

Squiffy01 Wed 01-Mar-17 07:14:15

will that's amazing effort well done!

cheddar your month so far has been perfect! Last night was last month so now doesn't count grin

Looking forward to hopefully loosing this month.

lastqueenofscotland Wed 01-Mar-17 07:20:47

9.10 STILL.

That's 11 Linda's off since Jan though,

anyway giving myself today off to enjoy with friends as I've been working hard at t and need a break.

Stellar67 Wed 01-Mar-17 07:25:32

I may have got a little overexcited about the not weighing for a month and wondering if I can retract that now? I'm going to do it once a week. I keep saying I will do the one at the gym where you get a piece of paper (I like a visual).

Cheddar I wonder if it was last day before the new month so you had to remove the potentially damaging items?

Is anyone giving up anything for Lent? We aren't that way inclined in this house but I was thinking of using the principle to avoid one item for March. I'm thinking crisps. Crisps are my trigger food to then eat anything else I can get my hands on.

Howlongtillbedtime Wed 01-Mar-17 07:27:24

Well last month I lost bugger all (and the previous month come to that) This month I have weighed today 13:3 blush and I am going to buck up and get in with it.

If anyone has any motivation and/or secret fat busting tips please chuck them my way . Or just a kick up the arsecould work too .

Good luck all !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now