Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Crepeys, not Creepys

(773 Posts)
Cremolafoam Mon 14-Aug-17 17:23:20

Get back on here you lot!

bigTillyMint Mon 14-Aug-17 21:52:10

Im here!

magimedi Mon 14-Aug-17 21:54:03

Reporting for duty!!

(But only swimming duty!)

bigTillyMint Mon 14-Aug-17 21:54:26

Have you been talking to my DS? Only he would have the title the other way round hmm smile

motherinferior Mon 14-Aug-17 22:15:21

I'm in!

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 14-Aug-17 23:36:19

Hello!

NoCureForLove Tue 15-Aug-17 00:51:10

Yes Miss. Here Miss.

msmargarita Tue 15-Aug-17 06:58:03

Present though not necessarily correct

addle Tue 15-Aug-17 07:01:11

Hello all, have changed back. Didn't really get used to name change and was too close to other splendid drinks.

MrsWobble3 Tue 15-Aug-17 07:30:19

I'm pleased about that Addle - I find name changing confusing. I keep on having to translate back to the names I remember.

Montypulciano Tue 15-Aug-17 07:43:15

Morning! Haven't been here for ages. The convenience of WA is too tempting, but it does mean that I miss those of you not in that group. I will try to post here more regularly.

Addle, so pleased you have reverted to your old name. I got you and ms margarita confused and then had to try to work out who was who from the clues. I've now forgotten her other name and can only think if her real name. Way too confusing for my simple brain.

Children poked head round door with gleeful expectation. "What are we doing today?" they cry. Well, that would be two piano lessons and a dentist appointment. Don't say I fail to pack each day with fun....

Mrs S, enjoyed your cock comment. Hope today goes as well as these things can. Please book a nice holiday somewhere. Preferably for one smile

Montypulciano Tue 15-Aug-17 07:44:41

Have gone back to my inbox to solve mystery of the name. Problem sorted. Go me

IDismyname Tue 15-Aug-17 07:53:08

Good morning you Crepe-tastic lot.

Checking in for another thread of laughter and japes.

Rosenspants Tue 15-Aug-17 10:26:47

Signing in. I am really tired and sleeping badly. Nevertheless the weather here has been so much better this week and am enjoying my various dresses which are getting an outing.

Looking forward to decent pedi later on today. Very needy feet at the moment.

bigTillyMint Tue 15-Aug-17 10:46:13

What colour are ypu going for? I have cherry red ATM smile

MsMartini Tue 15-Aug-17 11:08:29

Signing in, thanks Crem. I considered changing back but think I wasn't careful enough in past about details so am sticking for now.

MrsS, does he like holidays?

Cremolafoam Tue 15-Aug-17 11:37:16

Oh Addle, welcome back, I had to do a fair bit of sleuthing to distinguish the MS's M.grin
And Monty! Yay.

Sorry I can't do WA, Facebook, Snapchat, or Insta. I do have Viber if anyone is on there. ( like WA but with silly cartoons). I do read sometimes BTM though ( ! )

I have been to the country house party and survived. I mean crystal glasses on a Monday night. Wtaf?
I wore my Celia Rowley ( worn to last Crepey meet) top and white jeans. It was a little too informal, as there were a lot of dressy dresses and heals. Ended up chatting in the basement kitchen for a long while, with host's ( my school friend's ) latest husband ( no4) shock about dachshunds.
'Twas ok. Getting home took ages as after torrential rain the lanes were flooded and I had to turn the car around twice and find another route in complete darkness. Bit scary.hmm

Anyway Rosen am glad you are getting the weather. Makes it A better Day all round. Yes what colour on the toes? I am going for smacked salmon pink for my hols I think.grin

Welcome home Ms M. Hope the walking isn't too bad and re-entry painless.

Cremolafoam Tue 15-Aug-17 11:38:37

Washing, not walking.lol

herbaceous Tue 15-Aug-17 11:57:12

Reporting in. And I too am glad you've changed back to addle, addle. I couldn't remember who was who of the cocktail ladies, so just never answered you in case I got it wrong!

I am knackered as didn't sleep, as fretting about Future Plans after semi-stern talking to by friends yesterday. Did I really want to move away from all my friends? From all the opportunities for DS? To something totally unknown? Why the seaside, when DP doesn't even like swimming? Why the fantasy of a dog, when you've never even had one? They're trying to persuade me to move locally but cheaper and leafier, and buy a seaside house with the profit, to try it out. This is tempting.

Cremolafoam Tue 15-Aug-17 15:20:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cremolafoam Tue 15-Aug-17 15:21:15

Oh fuck have reported

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 15-Aug-17 16:11:34

What on earth did you say, Crem?!

FlipflopsOrWellieboots Tue 15-Aug-17 16:20:48

Present and correct here... destitute as Crepey skirt is in the wash and it's really the only thing I want to wear at the moment.... Thanks Crem for the original link.

Dd2 birthday tomorrow, we are sorted but will need to spend tomorrow morning assembling her pressie, a dressing table from the Swedish store (which she chose, so she knows it's coming)...

Other than that pottering towards results shock

Rosenspants Tue 15-Aug-17 18:50:55

Sexy Siren. Appaz

BeachysFlipFlops Tue 15-Aug-17 20:29:47

I might go for denim blue next! I sooo need my toenails done.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: