Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Brave Babes are boinging into Spring..Join us here!

(1000 Posts)
dementedma Sun 05-Mar-17 17:52:29

We are a bus load of Babes all battling alcohol and trying to resist, reduce and get our lives back under control. Whatever you have to say, we will have heard it before and no-one will judge you. This is a warm, friendly,supportive place with tough love when needed ( slap round the face with a wet squid called Barrie). Join us here.

dementedma Sun 05-Mar-17 17:53:07

Hope this works
Brave Babes are boinging into Spring..Join us here!

dementedma Sun 05-Mar-17 18:01:25

I hope we haven't lost anyone, I don't think the link worked. Can all Babes look out for stragglers and newbies we may have lost en route!

Fairenuff Sun 05-Mar-17 18:01:35

Ooops, spoke to soon. That link doesn't work for me. Unless it's a problem with mn?

Swarskid2184 Sun 05-Mar-17 18:03:12

Ma thank you for the warm welcome.

Am out of my sickbed. DH gone to get fish and chips for supper. Not having a cold glass of white with it will be really tough.

Fairenuff Sun 05-Mar-17 18:03:31

Old thread is HERE

dementedma Sun 05-Mar-17 18:05:05

I will see if MN can fix it...

Fairenuff Sun 05-Mar-17 18:05:48

Welcome to the bus Swarskid. Just fill up on food for now and have something sweet too, to replace the sugar you are used to getting from alcohol. Just get through to bedtime if you can.

grumpysquash3 Sun 05-Mar-17 18:18:33

Hi, just checking in to see who is here!

PureConcentratedEvil Sun 05-Mar-17 18:30:02

Oh shit. Epic fail.
It is literally impossible not to drink on days when I am really tempted as house is full of wine.
I can only hope to make this a blip and stay dry next week.
Interestingly, a couple of glasses is really noticeable after a few days of abstinence.

LuxuryWoman2017 Sun 05-Mar-17 18:35:06

Just calling in to say found you. Update later, tough day.

MintToBe Sun 05-Mar-17 18:40:04

I'm here!
I've just had a glass two glasses of wine on my 59th day dry 😕. Because one won't hurt will it. Bollocks. I now want the bottle I know is hidden in the back of the baking tray cupboard .And with this rotten virus I know it's going to make it worse. I could kick myself.

UnwiseOldElf Sun 05-Mar-17 19:04:06

Link didn't work for me either but at least I found you lot!

MintToBe 59 days is amazing!

The problem is your brain is trained to expect more alcohol so 'just one' will set off massive cravings all over again... try not to beat yourself up. It's brain chemistry. Try to resist drinking the rest (pour it away?) and minimise the impact... if you can.

dementedma Sun 05-Mar-17 19:06:03

Hope all babes check in. MN said they have fixed the link but it's still not working....

carteblah Sun 05-Mar-17 19:15:40

Hello all! And greetings to Swarskid and booklooker who joined on the last page, and anyone else I might have missed.

DrinksFewAndPeopleMany Sun 05-Mar-17 19:16:13

Sorry for ironic nn.
Used to have awful alcohol problems. Much better over last few years, but met up with former drinking buddies and seem to have triggered something..
Had 70.2 units last week blush
Need to get back to occasional glass of wine!

theansweris42 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:20:58

I'm here. Plonking self in bus.
Hello to newbies.
More later smile

Swarskid2184 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:21:04

Well I managed to eat my dinner and stuff myself with chips and down 2 pints of water....and no wine!!! Going to have a bubble bath then call the midwife and bed. If I make it to tomorrow then 3 days AF will be longest in probably 5 years!

Each day at a time. Tomorrow will be hard as meeting a friend in a bar after work.....will be a true test of my resolve to order a lime and soda instead of a large chardonnay!

dementedma Sun 05-Mar-17 19:26:07

Well done kid. I presume you are going to watch call the midwife, rather than actually call one....Or do we expect a new babe on the bus???grin

Swarskid2184 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:28:04

Yes, watch 'call the midwife'smile snuggled up with DD. Really feel like I can make it to bedtime tonight.

madein1995 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:35:38

Jumps onto the bus armed with sweets and bananas for the journey 😊 wipl be back later

grumpysquash3 Sun 05-Mar-17 20:45:54

book
back to your original post......why are you expecting to be diagnosed with cirrhosis? What symptoms do you have? What made you go to the doctor in the first place?

grumpysquash3 Sun 05-Mar-17 20:46:08

Lux are you ok?

LuxuryWoman2017 Sun 05-Mar-17 20:49:54

Thanks Grumpy we have a sick family member, waiting on updates. I've had a silly accident and am in a fair bit of pain but all will be well.

Welcome new babes.

dementedma Sun 05-Mar-17 20:55:55

been a very busy weekend and early bed beckons.
had a lot of wine though so need to work on that - again!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.