Talk

Advanced search

Week 3 - decision-making time!

(606 Posts)
AthelstaneTheUnready Sun 27-May-18 19:40:34

Welcome to week 3!

As BIWI's away, she asked if I would start the week 3 thread. I've stolen her words from a previous week 3, as it's such a good explanation of bootcamp v. bootcamp light. grin <personally I'm sticking to BC until my self-control is a bit better>

Spreadsheet here

Hopefully this WOE (way of eating) is starting to feel easier for you, and you will have seen some good losses in weeks 1 & 2. The exciting thing about week three, is that for those who want to, we can tentatively move into Bootcamp Light.

The key changes are that you can add in some carbier vegetables in moderation, although it is best to stick to those that are 3g carbs per 100g or less for the majority of your vegetable intake. You can add some fruit in the form of berries in moderation, have nuts and seeds in moderation, and can have some alcohol – you guessed it – IN MODERATION. Vodka and soda, dry white wine, or red wine are the best choices.

The good thing about Bootcamp Light is that it opens up your menu choices, and hopefully feels sustainable for a lot of people. However don’t be tempted to view this as a free for all – if you suddenly start eating loads of roasted butternut squash, followed by bowlfuls of berries all washed down with a bottle of Prosecco and packet of almonds, it will stall you.

Lots of people find that sticking to Bootcamp during the week, and Bootcamp Light for the weekend works well for them. Others find that they need to stick to Bootcamp in the main, either because their metabolisms can’t cope with the extra carbs (me) or because psychologically they are in the ‘abstainer’ camp (also me) rather than the ‘moderation’ camp. Just do whatever works for you.

Some people find they stall in Weeks 3 and 4, and the initial whooshes of weeks 1 and 2 can quickly become distant memories. Just KOKO (keep on keeping on), celebrate non-scale victories, drink plenty of water, and trust that this will work. Weight loss isn’t always linear, and there are loads of posters on here who have had amazing losses over the last year who are testament that this works in the long term.

So good luck on the scale and non-scale victories this week!

RuffleBelly Sun 27-May-18 19:45:47

I won’t weigh in until the morning but I’m not feeling hopeful. BBQ tonight so lots of meat and salad no bread or pudding for me. I just don’t feel I’ve lost this week!

BlackMozart Sun 27-May-18 20:01:36

I’ve been planting up some pots on my patio this afternoon. Sitting there this evening (congratulating myself on not cracking open a bottle of wine or falling face first into any sort of chocolate), I was watching my two cats and wondering why they were 1) climbing into the pots and 2) chewing on the leaves of one plant in particular and then shinning up the cherry tree like loons. Turns out I’ve planted Nepeta (catnip to the uninitiated like me) and they are on some kind of high...my very unsupportive husband is rolling round the kitchen in hysterics....

Gammon for dinner with lots of green veg and a creamy parsley sauce-gravy. Drinking my water, and having a small piece of cheese as’dessert’

MrsBertBibby Sun 27-May-18 20:04:40

Hello! Really hoping this morning's whoosh stays whooshed tomorrow!

Sat and watched everyone else scoff a load of dried mango without a wobble this afternoon.

My dear mother who comments (loudly, repeatedly, and most unpleasantly) on the slightest weight gain was apparently oblivious to the fact I've shed a stone since I last saw her. She is such a misery. I expected no better.

BlackMozart Sun 27-May-18 20:05:29

rufflebelly I’m like you - not feeling I’ve lost at all.

MrsBertBibby Sun 27-May-18 20:06:48

Aww, I wish my cat reacted to catnip! I grew some last year from seed, she just sniffed it like I was a mentally defective food machine needing to be humoured.

Bluntness100 Sun 27-May-18 20:07:04

Hi all, I'm still keeping on keeping on.,,not much to say about it though,,😁

BlackMozart Sun 27-May-18 20:07:26

mrsbertbibby that’s a shame that your mum isn’t more supportive at least you know you’ve lost a stone which is brilliant.

Laska5772 Sun 27-May-18 20:08:13

Loggi ng in. I am hoping that ghe 2lbs ive lost will 'stick' for tomottows WI. I have been totally on plan but today have eaten more than the few days previously .fingers crossed. Ill be staying on hardcore bootcamp .until my holiday on just under 4 weeks

Laska5772 Sun 27-May-18 20:09:35

Argh fat fingers on my phone!

BlackMozart Sun 27-May-18 20:09:51

I should add my DH is generally very supportive just not about the Nepeta and the ‘high’ cats. 😊

AthelstaneTheUnready Sun 27-May-18 20:10:47

You might need new plants, BlackMozart... my two have, in the course of one year, eaten all of a substantial nepeta, finally killing it beyond hope of regeneration...

Bert, you describe my mother (although she's not a misery in general). When I eventually pointed out I'd lost 17lbs in one month, but had more to go, she just said "yes".

On the plus side, I am very hopeful that I have lost the weight I put back on this week through enforced inactivity and medicinal wine. Will see tomorrow!

MrsBertBibby Sun 27-May-18 20:10:58

Oh she's a bastard, she always has been. I knew ahead she'd have nothing positive to say. But I've got another visit out of the way, and ensured no one mentioned the diet to her, as she'd have a field day telling me I'm doing it all wrong and will always be fat if she knew.

Iamnotacerealkiller Sun 27-May-18 20:12:43

@MrsBertBibby

Our cat isnt interested in catnip either until we bought him one of these...

www.ebay.co.uk/p/Cosmic-Catnip-Mouse-Simultaion-Toy-Cat-Kitten-Posted-Today-If-Paid-Before-1pm/1005472828?iid=171756906035&chn=ps&adgroupid=54807651994&rlsatarget=pla-413911063916&abcId=1133956&adtype=pla&merchantid=110687451&poi=&googleloc=9041221&device=c&campaignid=1057756799&crdt=0

Then he went absolutely nuts!! rubbing it on his face basically trying to climb inside it. we call it his heroin mouse as he gets completely out of it on them.

Sorry not sure how to make a proper link.

Lonesurvivor Sun 27-May-18 20:13:53

Thanks for the new thread AthelstaneTheUnready.

Good luck everyone, hope the scales is kind tomorrow too.

AthelstaneTheUnready Sun 27-May-18 20:14:27

Sorry to hear that. sad Mine's very good in general, just a bit of a blind spot when it comes to the appearance of her daughter, which has never matched her aspirations, whether that be clothes, make-up, shape, or attitude. Which is fine, we all have our dreams, she just needn't tell me about it.

AthelstaneTheUnready Sun 27-May-18 20:15:30

Right, bed-time for me blush. Fingers crossed for you all tomorrow!

Iamnotacerealkiller Sun 27-May-18 20:16:23

im a pound down on last week but up from my low point unfortunately. Hoping all the fiber i ate yesterday has helped move things along and so i will have lost again by tomorrow. Will be chuffed with 2lb or more.

traceyturnblatt Sun 27-May-18 20:23:02

I'm feeling a bit disheartened. Complete stress with a relative I'm close to and both my DSs have the cold which means I'm getting a couple of hours sleep in between the coughing and crying.

I've not had any 'junk' food but I just keep thinking that I've not lost anything since my big loss the week before BC started. Inches are going off my waist but I'd quite like a Whoosh to see me go down into the next weight bracket.

I'll KOKO however, I like this way of eating and I know if Id been eating the way I was previously I'd have zero energy.

Sorry for the moan!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow 💐

Titsywoo Sun 27-May-18 20:23:42

Good day here. Just a piece of streaky bacon for breakfast as I spent the day cleaning and helping DH tile the bathroom so didn't bother making anything decent. At lunchtime popped into M&S and they had a pot of cheddar pieces wrapped in smoked ham - these are really good as a snack. Just making a whole head of broccoli with pulled pork and cauli mash for dinner. Hoping for a loss tomorrow!

Eolian Sun 27-May-18 20:24:58

I don't feel like I've lost this week either. What's bothering me a bit is that I seemed to be losing more weight while I was doing less strict low carbing in the few weeks before bootcamp than I have lost while following strict BC rules. Not sure why that would be.

AromaticSpices Sun 27-May-18 20:32:39

Good day here but feeling apprehensive about weighing in tomorrow morning- just feel like I’ve not lost any. Will see.

Dinner tonight was so good! We were given a load of silverside beef joints a while back and I defrosted one this morning as weather forecast was dire and thought a nice mini roast would be great. Anyway the sun shined all day and was boiling so made the kids pasta for tea and I bunged the joint in to roast when they were eating. Ive just thinly sliced it and eaten it cool, with mashed cauliflower (butter, double cream, salt and pepper) and it was seriously delicious!

Two more pints of water to get down before bed though. Eeek.

Justmuddlingalong Sun 27-May-18 20:43:07

I weigh daily and I've been up and down all week. BUT, the inches I'm losing is really noticeable. So, if your sticking to plan and the scales don't seem to be shifting, take comfort in the fact this WOE is still working. Not necessarily by the scales but working none the less.

AromaticSpices Sun 27-May-18 20:44:18

May the force be with you all tomorrow morning! grin

LeapinLizards Sun 27-May-18 20:49:16

Thanks for the new thread, Athel. I'm another one who goes to bed really early cos I'm up so early in the morning. Good luck to us all for the WI tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: