New Les Mills thread.

(473 Posts)
Pebbledashery Sat 13-Mar-21 14:29:35

Here we go. X

OPโ€™s posts: |
Peachypips78 Sat 13-Mar-21 15:45:31

Well done. I didn't know how to link the new thread so didn't want to start it!

I'm starting the fast burner again on Monday. Without jumping gringrin

sociallydistained Sat 13-Mar-21 16:28:21

My favourite thread on MN ๐Ÿ˜‚

Pebbledashery Sat 13-Mar-21 16:48:56

This is one of my favourites too. I think. I've burnt myself out this week. Could only manage 30 minutes yesterday and today of combat. I did step 101 on Thursday and its obliterated my legs ๐Ÿ˜‚. Rest day tomorrow.

Peachypips78 Sat 13-Mar-21 18:57:39

It's now my fav too!

HermioneWeasley Sat 13-Mar-21 22:10:52

Did BLAT this morning. My ass hurts now

nbee84 Sat 13-Mar-21 22:11:14

๐Ÿ‘‹

Advertisement

sociallydistained Mon 15-Mar-21 08:24:53

Iโ€™ve just read on another forum that somebody has been successful using bands during BP to increase intensity now their home weights are becoming easier... I had never thought of it and will probably curse myself during but have ordered some fabric bands from Amazon to try it out.
I have a band with handles for CX works but fail to wrap it effectively around my legs and keep it there with the handles, so these are in addition and will hopefully be easier for those tracks in CX too.

Anyone else done this?

Peachypips78 Mon 15-Mar-21 10:54:06

I don't have any bands. Be interested to see how you get on.

I'm starting the Fast Burner today - and sorting my diet out. Plan is a wholemeal bagel with humous and avo, apple/orange, chilli without too much rice, roasted veg and a flake as a treat.

kittykarate Mon 15-Mar-21 16:51:26

Another 30 mins of BodyBalance for me today topped off with my 'official' exercises from the physio. I'm still only able to do a few minutes of walking at a time though which is frustrating.

wishywashywoowoo70 Mon 15-Mar-21 19:30:50

Started week 3 of fast burner today.
Can definitely feel my fitness levels increasing. Though I'm still a fatty cos I can't be arsed to diet. Currently experimenting with Gousto boxes.
I am doing combat most days and forcing myself to get up early before work and squeeze 30/45 minute in.

Pebbledashery Mon 15-Mar-21 20:02:58

Body attack 106 this morning. My legs ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

rosettesforjill Mon 15-Mar-21 20:50:26

I'm doing the Stronger challenge at the moment and it was Bodypump 109 today. I'm still working out the right weights level at the moment! Some I've managed to find the sweet spot of JUST getting to the end but others I'm way out. Really enjoying it though!

Matilda2013 Mon 15-Mar-21 20:58:49

Has anyone tried 45 min core yet? I couldn't face it on a Monday so stuck to my 30 min

sociallydistained Tue 16-Mar-21 06:59:17

Thereโ€™s a 45 minute core? ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Peachypips78 Tue 16-Mar-21 08:51:08

That sounds brutal!

Can you all plank for ages? I can only do 1 min max and not many of the variations.

I also can't do press ups on my toes...

kittykarate Tue 16-Mar-21 09:22:15

I could do the planks on my toes, but my press ups are very hit and miss can maybe do one set of the wide arm ones on my toes and then the rest on my knees, but not a chance with triceps ones.

Body Balance again this morning - had planned to do the same one as yesterday again, but accidentally ended up doing a different one that had more balance things in.

wishywashywoowoo70 Tue 16-Mar-21 10:09:24

Peachypips78

That sounds brutal!

Can you all plank for ages? I can only do 1 min max and not many of the variations.

I can't do any press ups or floor work where you use your hands. I broke my wrist last year and can't lean on it

rosettesforjill Tue 16-Mar-21 10:13:07

Peachypips78

That sounds brutal!

Absolutely not ๐Ÿ˜‚

I am at a bit of an annoying in between stage where press ups on my knees are less difficult but more than one or two on my toes are way too difficult!

MsMartini Tue 16-Mar-21 10:15:02

I found doing press ups on my stairs helped me get to my toes. Start with your hands on a step where you can do ten with good form, practise and move your hands down gradually as you get stronger. This really helped me, as it was too much of a jump from knees to toes otherwise. If you haven't got stairs, try a coffee table or sofa arm.

kittykarate Tue 16-Mar-21 11:31:36

That's an awesome tip MsMartini

MsMartini Tue 16-Mar-21 17:49:14

Thank you smile.

(I think press ups on knees are a good exercise in their own right and especially in classes where time is short and you need to bash the reps out.)

Pebbledashery Tue 16-Mar-21 19:06:17

I'm rubbish at tricep push ups. I just can't do them for love nor money.

Matilda2013 Wed 17-Mar-21 07:08:55

I can't really plank or do press ups on my toes so I just take the options and try the full ones when I can.

MsMartini Wed 17-Mar-21 08:48:23

The other thing I found helpful (as well as the stair thing) is try harder variants quietly when fresh, focussing on form and breathing, outside the classes. In the classes, do whichever you can maintain good form for, for the required number of reps.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in