Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Over 40 ttc - summer baby dust for me!

(230 Posts)
Orchid222 Mon 11-Jun-18 10:39:46

Ladies here's our new thread!

Alibaba2 Mon 11-Jun-18 10:47:24

Hi Orchid - sorry things have not gone smoothly, hope things get resolved asap (one way or another) and you can move forward.

Hi Mimosa - I’m ok thanks. Had a good spell of not worrying too much about ttc but then had a down patch which I’m hopefully just coming out of. I bloody hate getting older. If I was 35, I would be feeling much better.

Sparkly - good luck for tomorrow!

Having a weird cycle - I always feel ov unless it’s an early one. I had ov twinges on cd8, followed by strong opk lines on cd9, less strong lines on cd10, and I think I had a bit of ewcm this morning which is cd11. I guess ov happened cd9/10 but I just didn’t feel it because the egg was smaller.

I only take magnesium, zinc, vit c and ubiquinol these days. And B6 after ov. But think I’ll go back to epo.

Dickybow321 Mon 11-Jun-18 11:00:51

Hi guys, I have copied and pasted the message I sent just before the old thread ended:

Hi guys, do you mind if I join you? I'm 40 and ttc #3.

I've been reading about supplements to give me the best possible chance. Currently taking ubiquinol, maca, royal jelly, L-arginine, a multivitamin, folic acid, calcium and extra vitamin C shock

Hope you don't mind me suggesting something for the title but I think it's best if we don't make any mention of the menopause. I'm a big believer in the law of attraction and I think that you get what you focus on, so a lovely positive second part to the title... I like the summer baby dust one someone suggested smile

Dickybow321 Mon 11-Jun-18 11:01:16

Love the new title!

Chatbash72 Mon 11-Jun-18 11:02:36

Ok I'm on just trying to work out how to save the thread 🤦‍♀️

AtrocityNeedles Mon 11-Jun-18 11:09:21

Welcome, Dickybow321!

I'm on CD27 and last night I dreamed of a BFP...but got a reality check in the form of BFN this morning sad.

Cleozeta Mon 11-Jun-18 11:33:56

Morning ladies.

Sorry you got a bfn needles, so disappointing after a lovely dream I bet. I am 11dpo today and managed to resist testing.
The few days before af is due is always a rollercoaster. It's like a mixture of hope and fear of disappointment. But it rarely strays far from the mind.
Ali - I understand what you mean about the age thing. I panic sometimes, like I'm not going to reach the finish line. I would be so much more chilled out if I were younger. Bloody ageing process.

Welcome dickybow

Karigan198 Mon 11-Jun-18 14:15:05

Found you smile

Although I can’t really post anything apart from arghhhhhhh wtf is going on lol.

I’m firmly decided however that bfn don’t mean much anymore!

Baby dust to everyone. Let’s hope this new thread brings luck to you all.

Orchid222 Mon 11-Jun-18 14:42:32

Sorry Karigan, I went to post the link to this new thread on the old one but we'd run out of space by then...I hope everyone else finds us, I sent a private message to everyone but I don't think mumsnet let you know about new messages in your inbox so not sure how many will see it.

Well that was very useful for me to take that last pregnancy test I had left! The test line came up stronger than the control line so clearly if I waited for a natural miscarriage to happen without giving it a helping hand I'd be waiting for a VERY long time...

Karigan198 Mon 11-Jun-18 14:45:51

I did get the pm smile thank you.

It seems strange that you’re lines are getting stronger. Can you get another scan soon and see what’s happening?

Karigan198 Mon 11-Jun-18 14:46:10

*your even

weasledee Mon 11-Jun-18 14:52:05

Found you!
And AF found me this morning too 🙄

Back to day 1 again...... 🙄

Orchid222 Mon 11-Jun-18 14:56:18

I know, I was hoping they'd be getting lighter. My last scan is tomorrow morning but I'm not expecting a miracle, I've read plenty of stories online when women's hcg levels were rising and they still ended up with empty sacks and pregnancies that were not viable. I took the test to see if the lines are getting lighter which perhaps would mean my body would soon recognise the situation and do its thing but I guess that's not the case.

Cleozeta Mon 11-Jun-18 15:04:19

My hpt line didn't start fading until after the miscarriage, and then it took about 3 weeks to disappear.
Good luck at the scan tomorrow orchid, let us know how it goes.

Karigan198 Mon 11-Jun-18 15:42:17

Yes good luck tomorrow. We’re both in funny (not ha ha type) situations aren’t we. Neither hcg doing what it should 😕.

I still can’t believe I haven’t tested with a BFP yet. Probably a sure sign this one isn’t viable. That’s oretty much what the scan dr said

Cleozeta Mon 11-Jun-18 16:04:25

Karigan - Are you getting nothing? Not even a squinter? It's odd as the its the same hormone that would give you symptoms. What a mystery! When is your next scan?

Karigan198 Mon 11-Jun-18 16:09:28

Not even a glimmer of a line. Not even if I squint and look at lines on a page for an hour first. The pee tests say I am not pregnant 🤷‍♀️. If I hadn’t been impatient and just paid for a scan I’d probably be finding out baby was there 3 months down the line!

Orchid222 Mon 11-Jun-18 16:16:53

Thanks Cleo. That's annoying that our bodies take so long!

Karigan- I was thinking the same thing, we're both in very weird (and rather upsetting) situations. Are you going to have another scan? Have you done a cb digital test? I wonder if that'd pick anything up, even if just to say 1-2 weeks pregnant. What else did the scan dr tell you? Just wait and see what happens? How frustrating for both of us! sad

Karigan198 Mon 11-Jun-18 16:21:18

I know. I’ve tried frer and clearblue.

I just hope it all works out in the end and this unknowing limbo ends soon for both of us. No scan booked as not been back to Drs yet and private scan guy said probably not much point unless I test positive 😕.

I was looking at the dates. On Saturday the sac should have measured 5 weeks 2 days. 4 weeks 5 days isn’t that far out? How accurate is it to the day?

Orchid222 Mon 11-Jun-18 16:32:40

Mine was behind too Karigan, I think at the last scan last Tuesday I was 7+4 and the sac was measuring 5+5 if I remember correctly so that on top of no visible yolk sac and embryo tells me it's not viable because there should've been a hb by then.
I'm only going tomorrow because last week the sac wasn't the size at which they officially call the pregnancy non viable. It was close though so tomorrow I'll find out that it either reached the required size or started going down in size, both of which will be a clear sign it's not going anywhere and I'll be able to take medication without feeling guilty and thinking 'what if I waited a bit longer'. No matter what happens though at least we both know we can get pregnant so I'm trying to concentrate on that. It's hard and painful but we need to find positives somewhere to keep us going.

Orchid222 Mon 11-Jun-18 16:34:19

Oh and I don't think 4 days behind is much so I do think there's still a good chance for your pregnancy to be viable, it's just your bfn's that are making the whole situation one big mystery.

Karigan198 Mon 11-Jun-18 16:41:35

Thank you Orchid. It sucks doesn’t it. You’re right. At least we both know it’s possible.

CookieWaffle Mon 11-Jun-18 17:11:03

Hi ladies, I'm 40 and TTC no#1, 3rd month. Family history of TTC for years on one side and pregnancy in 40s on the other. Hoping I'm more the other side!

Cleozeta Mon 11-Jun-18 18:11:40

Welcome cookie!

Karigan - have you had a blood test?

minime2017 Mon 11-Jun-18 18:25:46

Hi all. Thanks for starting the new thread Orchid. Af arrived here at weekend so all begins again...arghhhh so over ttc at the minute

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: