Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not know much about 'lady garden' maintenance!!

(280 Posts)
Joolsy Sat 04-Jun-16 08:44:13

OK I'm sorry if I'm putting people off their breakfast. But I have never bothered much with doing anything about my hair 'down there'. I am not a hairy person so it's not like it's hugely overgrown(!). But all I really do is shave my bikini line, like once a year if I'm going on holiday (I don't wear a high-cut swimsuit). Seriously, what else do other people do? I'm worried now that I look like I'm smuggling a ferret down there whenever I go swimming. Should I be trimming it on a regular basis?

MyDobbygotgivenasock Sat 04-Jun-16 08:47:36

There are no minge police as far as I am aware.
Do with it as you wish.

Sparklingbrook Sat 04-Jun-16 08:47:38

You do whatever feels right for you really. I am not sure there are any rules.

acatcalledjohn Sat 04-Jun-16 08:59:15

This hasn't been prompted by that advert for a bikini line trimmer, has it?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 04-Jun-16 09:02:44

No maintenance required. Unless it bothers you leave it alone. What other people do or think really isn't relevant.

Jimjamjoos Sat 04-Jun-16 09:07:48

You just do what you like. Some people like more trimmage than others.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 04-Jun-16 09:09:47

Carry on doing what you're doing. If you have spare time/money on your hands there are better ways to employ it.

MissElizaBennettsBookmark Sat 04-Jun-16 09:10:11

*Mingle police.....
This made me laughgringringrin

Arfarfanarf Sat 04-Jun-16 09:11:06

Keep it clean.
Don't soap inside.

Littlepeople12345 Sat 04-Jun-16 09:11:41

Do what you want, but do not use veet on it! In fairness I was heavily pregnant and couldn't see it so I just chucked some veet on and hoped for the best.

Nanunanu Sat 04-Jun-16 09:13:00

Why worry.

Women do different things. Hairless is very popular at the mo. Doesn't mean it is right for you.

I wear a bathing suit with little shorts at the leg. Kinda like girl boxer style pants. Because shaving even my bikini line gives me sore irritated hairs. I am really quite a hairy beasty though. So trim regularly so I don't look like I'm budgie smuggling.

You do you.

Let others worry about their own hair

branofthemist Sat 04-Jun-16 09:12:59

It's totally up to you. I use an electric shaver and trim all my short.

I do a lot of sport. When it's long it gets tangled (fucking painful) and really sweaty down there. I don't ever wet shave it so there is no hair. It never pokes out of the side of a bikini. So don't even do my bikini line.

It's your garden, do what you want with wink

SpaceCadet4000 Sat 04-Jun-16 09:15:40

I'm let mine grow freely and think of it as a luxurious bush wink. I personally don't fancy spending my money on waxing / time dealing with ingrown hairs or itchy regrowth. What other people do is completely up to them.

If your current routine makes you feel comfortable and happy, keep it!

TheWitchesofIzalith Sat 04-Jun-16 09:16:45

'minge police' grin

Just do what you feel happy with. it's a non-issue.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 04-Jun-16 09:19:05

In case anyone's interested, there's a thread about the 'Beach-ready 'down there' ad in aibu; link to the Wilkinson Sword voting page. Currently MNers have swayed the vote to 76% preferring the patronisingly mis-spelt 'ONatural.'

Itsmine Sat 04-Jun-16 09:21:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dillydotty Sat 04-Jun-16 09:22:26

I shave it all off. Some people will say that it is a sign I am trying to impress my man, signing into all of the body beautiful look. Really it is because I started going grey very young and finding grey pubes used to depress me. I dye the hair on my head and remove the rest so I don't have to see it.

Sparklingbrook Sat 04-Jun-16 09:23:22

It really is a non issue. Nobody cares in RL. But it seems to be a regular thing to discuss on MN.confused

Beeziekn33ze Sat 04-Jun-16 09:29:45

A doctor friend is concerned at young women who have got rid of all pubes since puberty because they think it's 'normal' and 'everyone does it'. They come to the surgery with soreness and rashes and have no clue why.

Mishaps Sat 04-Jun-16 09:31:15

How lucky that it maintains itself if left in peace.

BertrandRussell Sat 04-Jun-16 09:32:25

"I'm worried now that I look like I'm smuggling a ferret down there whenever I go swimming. Should I be trimming it on a regular basis?"

No. You shouldn't.

That'll be £10 please. grin

Oysterbabe Sat 04-Jun-16 09:33:46

I just give it a little trim once in a while.

PurpleTraitor Sat 04-Jun-16 09:34:22

I have always wanted to know this and this seems as good a place as any to admit I don't know

What/where exactly is a bikini line? Is it just a fancy way of saying your pubes aren't popping out your pants?

ReginaBlitz Sat 04-Jun-16 09:35:37

Oh I shave the majority off, especially in summer a sweaty flange is not the way to go.

BIWI Sat 04-Jun-16 09:35:57

Got it in one, Purple!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now