Talk

Advanced search

The cafe is still open thread 2

(446 Posts)
sashh Wed 20-May-20 10:37:13

Morning all, well the cafe thread is just about full so here's the new thread.

Just a reminder Florence has made pastries over night, the garden is open with the sensory garden, the cat area (with catnip bush) is available and feel free to cool your feet int the water feature.

OP’s posts: |
JessicaDay Wed 20-May-20 10:50:53

Ham? What ham? I haven’t seen any ham...no ham here <licks lips>

crazycatlady7 Wed 20-May-20 11:26:20

Ooo I'll grab a croissant and sit in the shade with the baby- thank you

NoGravyForYou Wed 20-May-20 11:33:52

Just going to help myself to a coffee if that's alright @sassh, I'm wrecked today!

Luckily the children i look after are also wrecked and are happy to watch a movie and chill for the morning. Might venture out for a walk today, haven't done it in weeks as it was just so stressful having to remind the kids to keep their distance from people constantly.

AlCalavicci Thu 21-May-20 03:13:53

Morning @sashh .
I am so glad I found the cafe again .
I have been working throughout the night writing Tool Box Talks I am wiped out , please can I have a hot chocolate and a couple of danish pastries .
I am going to curl up and find some thing quiet to listen to while dipping my toes in the pool , Oreo can be found curled up on the sofa over there >>> if anyone wants to give him a stroke .

AlCalavicci Thu 21-May-20 03:24:48

You know when a thread is good when it appears twice on your screen
Both the full one and a new one.
Thanks @sashh grin

sashh Thu 21-May-20 05:14:15

Morning all.

Well it lookls like it will be another hot day so I've got in extra fruit and juices, try some guava, lychee or chayote.

I have punjabi tinda but that is probably best cooked.

To balance the fruit I've made overnight oats amd there's yoghurt and toast.

JessicaDay Thu 21-May-20 06:19:40

Morning @ssash. Could I have some Punjabi Tinda and a lychee juice please? Thank you.

Geralt’ll just have a little rest in these reeds in the garden. He’s all tired out from the catnip yesterday.

sashh Thu 21-May-20 06:49:15

Tinda and lychee juice on it's way, would some dreamies be welcome?

PinkDaydreams Thu 21-May-20 07:20:53

Morning all!
I’ll have some overnight oats please and a tomato juice, thank you! In rl I’ve got a zoom call to participate in today, I’ve not done one before so I’m hoping it’s easy enough to join!

JessicaDay Thu 21-May-20 07:39:25

Dreamies are always very welcome!

sashh Thu 21-May-20 07:43:56

<hands over dreamies, juices and oats>

IRL it is a busy day for me, I've already had an Iceland delivery and I'm waiting for the Sky engineer who has just called and will be less than an hour.

NoGravyForYou Thu 21-May-20 08:27:04

Morning all!

I'll have some overnight oats please!

How is everyone?

PinkDaydreams Thu 21-May-20 09:02:28

I’m feeling really fed up of this lockdown now. I understand why we have to do it but I can’t wait to be able to take 2 yr old son back to the playground again and the library and various local museums. We are out everyday normally at either a class or museum/library. We went for a walk yesterday and stupid me forgot we’d end up walking past the playground, cue tears when we didn’t go in sad it’s so hard for the children that don’t understand.
I’ll stop moaning now, sorry!

JessicaDay Thu 21-May-20 09:05:47

Good luck with the Sky guy @sashh.

Very good today @NoGravyForYou. It’s my birthday- 45 today. How are you doing?

Gerald had a tick on him earlier, so I had to get the tweezers out. He was very good about standing still whilst I hoicked it off him. Gave him some chicken after to smooth his nerves and the dreamies have gone down well.

sashh Thu 21-May-20 10:35:01

Happy birthday @JessicaDay

The Sky 'guy' was called Amber.

@PinkDaydreams that's tough, poor ds.

JessicaDay Thu 21-May-20 11:08:02

Thanks @ssash

Oops, sorry Amber. My unconscious prejudices at show there, noted.

sashh Thu 21-May-20 11:29:56

@Jessica

Apparently Sky ar at about 20% female engineers and want to recruit more and have also given staff a number of paid days off if you don't have childcare.

We had a good socially distant chat.

JessicaDay Thu 21-May-20 11:32:47

That’s good of them about the days off.

PinkDaydreams Thu 21-May-20 18:44:25

Hmmmm, I notice the back gate is open! I’m going to sneak in and do a bbq if anyone fancies it?! Lemon, garlic and herb chicken skewers, salt and pepper beef burgers, hotdogs, summer salad with many different dressings, bbq bananas with chocolate and ice cream for pudding. I can do some chicken for the cats too?! 😻

sashh Fri 22-May-20 06:11:21

Morning all

<notices the bbq is still hot>

I might as well continue with the bbq, I'll pop some sausages on and some steak (traditional Aussie breakfast is steak and eggs)

mogloveseggs Fri 22-May-20 06:31:10

Morning!
Just a tea please sassh thank you
How is everyone today?

sashh Fri 22-May-20 07:36:01

<hands over tea and turns the sausages>

PinkDaydreams Fri 22-May-20 07:41:54

Morning! Hope you don’t mind the bbq? There were a lot of hungry cats 😹

mogloveseggs Fri 22-May-20 08:12:59

Thank you just what I needed

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »