Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

July Jumping Down the Scales

Octopus37 · 01/07/2020 08:20

Hi, here is a new thread, Excuse the ultra unoriginal title. Weighed in at 9st0.5, this morning, aim (as it has been for every month since March) is to get under 9st. Cannot believe we are in the second half of this year.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Therunecaster · 01/07/2020 18:13

I would but the Cambridge is so expensive... its because I made the kids tea. Temptation is fading a bit now and I have a rehydrated meal to look forward to at 7pm Wink

Please
or

MonsteraCheeseplant · 01/07/2020 18:35

What is the Cambridge? How is it expensive? [clueless over here]

Please
or

Therunecaster · 01/07/2020 18:43

Of someone else doesn't reply, I will once I get back from my walk. If I stop now I might not go!

Please
or

MonsteraCheeseplant · 01/07/2020 18:48

Ok.

B: Yoghurt toast and honey
L: Chicken noodle soup
D: Chicken Tikka Masala and Naan bread
S: Low cal ice cream (if you're tempted by Jude's chocolate vegan ice cream...don't. It's weird), fibre one bar, small slice of chocolate roll. Kinder bueno piece.
1318 which is roughly on target.

Please
or

GreyGardens88 · 01/07/2020 18:49

I've been dieting for about 5 weeks now. I don't weigh myself but I can see myself slowly getting thinner and I feel thinner too. I don't think I've lost a huge amount though as my jeans don't feel that much more slack yet. I'm also averaging about 12k steps per day and doing some resistance band exercises.

I've not been very strict with food though, lots of pasta still, but eating less junk and everything apart from one takeaway homemade.

Hopefully I will be down a jean size by the end of July!

Please
or

GreyGardens88 · 01/07/2020 18:51

B: Coffee
L: Two small white rolls from Lidl filled with Salami, and one Kiwi Fruit
D: WIll be homemade Spanish style croquettes with a light mozzarella ball

Please
or

Hangoverstruggles · 01/07/2020 18:58

Today...

B coffee
L chicken, new potatoes, tenderstem broccoli and sugar snaps, beetroot dip, yogurt (460)
D fish curry, rice
S digestive biscuit, cuppa, satsuma

1190. Think I'll have a yogurt after the kids go to bed to keep me going until bed. Are my dinner at 5pm which is ridiculously early!

Please
or

Therunecaster · 01/07/2020 19:35

I'm back. The Cambridge plan is a very low calorie diet which uses complete meal substitutes for the first 12 weeks. It's got pros and cons but for me it's kick starting my weight loss and keeping me motivated. There's loads on line about it if you're interested. It's weigh in tomorrow so I'll update after I've braved the scales!

Please
or

MonsteraCheeseplant · 01/07/2020 21:16

So you buy Cambridge plan brand shakes? Is that the expensive part?

Please
or

Therunecaster · 01/07/2020 21:27

Sorry, yes you do. You can choose 3 meal replacements (4 if you are over 5 8 )
These can be shakes, porridge, dehydrated meals or bars. Lots of different flavours, mostly taste ok. It costs 53 pounds per week for a 7 day supply of 3 meals. You are supported by a consultant who weighs and measures you.

Please
or

MonsteraCheeseplant · 01/07/2020 22:09

Wow sounds intense. Best of luck.

Please
or

Igglepigglesgrubbyblanket · 01/07/2020 22:50

Well done hangover & honeysuckle!
Welcome newbies & returnees.
I've lost about 3lb overall in June and been quite up and down. Achieved doing more yoga, and doing my 10000 steps on average but failed on meal planning.
July plan is to stick to 1500 calories, meal plan better, 10,000 steps and yoga once a week.

Does anyone have any good high protein veggie recipes or even better just easy stuff you stick in the oven? I'm not feeling meat at the moment.

Please
or

Octopus37 · 02/07/2020 06:51

Therunmaster, hope you had some wine and enjoyed your Birthday. Lovely to see some more newbies. The same for me this morning

OP's posts:
Please
or

Therunecaster · 02/07/2020 07:49

Just got weighted... I've lost 5.5lbs this week so down to 16.11 and a half! I'm very pleased.

Please
or

HoneysuckIejasmine · 02/07/2020 10:15

Congratulations and happy birthday for yesterday Rune!

Badger if you're sure! Don't want to come in and usurp your nickname!

We're having indoor BBQ today so saving as many calories as I can šŸ˜

B one egg omelette and smoked salmon
L salad and a low cal cupa soup.
D hot dog, burger, pitta, coleslaw, salad, all the condiments

I can't do meal replacements or SW or the like. My issue is (largely emotional) over eating. So I have to tackle that head on by addressing my portion sizes and not reaching for the biscuits when I'm stressed. I've done SW in the past but the "have as much free food as you want" is not helpful to my mindset. As soon as I stop SW I gain it straight back because I'm still eating massive portions.

Igglepiggle I like falafel. I bang it in the food processor - onions and carrots finely blitzed, fry them off quickly, back in processor with chickpeas and spices and pulse. You can add an egg to bind it but I don't bother. Mold in to rough shapes in your hands and bake. We have them in a wrap with houmous, salad, peppers, and hot sauce. But equally good over salad or in a burger bun. It was a Jack Monroe recipe I used originally - a lot of hers are veggie or vegan.

Please
or

TheHoneyBadger · 02/07/2020 12:25

@Igglepigglesgrubbyblanket

Well done hangover & honeysuckle!
Welcome newbies & returnees.
I've lost about 3lb overall in June and been quite up and down. Achieved doing more yoga, and doing my 10000 steps on average but failed on meal planning.
July plan is to stick to 1500 calories, meal plan better, 10,000 steps and yoga once a week.

Does anyone have any good high protein veggie recipes or even better just easy stuff you stick in the oven? I'm not feeling meat at the moment.

I know you were probably looking for dinners but you can get a ton of protein in overnight oats by adding lots of seeds and a scoop of protein powder. The oats and milk have protein too.

Honey yes Iā€™m sure. Not really a honey kind of girl. The honeybadger is a hard as nails animal Wink

Congrats runecaster
Please
or

MonsteraCheeseplant · 02/07/2020 15:28

Grin i've been wearing jogging bottoms since April and had to go into the office for the first time since then today. None of my work trousers fitted. Like, not even close Grin. I need to go shopping.

Please
or

HoneysuckIejasmine · 02/07/2020 16:19

I put jeans on for the school run but otherwise leggings. Wink

I found that dresses were the way to go when losing weight. I have a vintage style (but very low effort) so a cross over dress or a belted one was ideal. Just pulled belt in a bit more. I could get away with it until is was 2 sizes too big then it started to get a bit silly round the bust. At which point I would get the sewing machine out and turn them in to skirts. Cheap tee, shirt or vest and outfit sorted. It's easy enough to take skirts in as waist got smaller too.ive got skirts in a size 10/12 that used to be size 24 dresses! I only have two pairs of jeans (no other trousers that aren't running leggings), 2 pairs of shorts and then the rest of all dresses or ex-dresses! Also suits my body shape - my legs have not shrunk at the same rate as my waist. So I have size 16 skinny jeans I wore as a size 10/12 with a belt and long top, because jeans in a smaller size won't go over my calves let alone my thighs.

Please
or

Hangoverstruggles · 02/07/2020 18:17

@MonsteraCheeseplant bet you felt awesome trying on your work clothes!! Definitely a well deserved shopping spree!

I'm finding lots of my clothes just fit really well now. Things that I had to keep adjusting or squeeze myself into just glide on. Thinking I may need to get new bras as mine are a bit empty now šŸ˜¬

Good day today...

B nothing
L overnight oats, banana and berries, 2 Fibre One chocolate cake bars (thanks for recommendation Monstera), coffee
D chick breast, sweet potato mash, greens
S nothing but will have a protein yogurt this evening

1200 cals. No exercise as such but very busy day on my my feet plus walked to school & back

Please
or

Hangoverstruggles · 02/07/2020 18:22

@MonsteraCheeseplant bet you felt awesome trying on your work clothes!! Definitely a well deserved shopping spree!

I'm finding lots of my clothes just fit really well now. Things that I had to keep adjusting or squeeze myself into just glide on. Thinking I may need to get new bras as mine are a bit empty now šŸ˜¬

Good day today...

B nothing
L overnight oats, banana and berries, 2 Fibre One chocolate cake bars (thanks for recommendation Monstera), coffee
D chick breast, sweet potato mash, greens
S nothing but will have a protein yogurt this evening

1200 cals. No exercise as such but very busy day on my my feet plus walked to school & back

Please
or

MonsteraCheeseplant · 02/07/2020 19:49

Honestly I feel like the cats pyjamas these days šŸ˜ø

Please
or

Igglepigglesgrubbyblanket · 02/07/2020 21:29

Ah, it's such a good feeling getting into smaller clothes. Well done!
Todays food
B. Blueberries, porridge, almonds coffee
L. Fried veg & potatoes
D. Pasta pesto broccoli, salad, halo top ice-cream
S. 2 quorn eggs, almond milk mocha
Total 1650 Cal's
14000 steps

Please
or

Igglepigglesgrubbyblanket · 03/07/2020 09:30

Thanks for the protein powder idea too, @TheHoneyBadger that could work really well. The main reason I want to keep my protein up is that it helps me not to be hungry.
Weighed in today and I have maintained which is nothing short of miraculous.

Please
or

TheHoneyBadger · 03/07/2020 09:47

I dare not get on the scales this morning. Visited bubble friend and drank wine then came home and had the munchies and had sandwiches and a cornetto and crisps very late.

Have had good news about a difficult work situation which was worth celebrating.

I sleep really badly when I drink too much so a bit groggy today. Ideally could do with a total fast till tomorrow if I can manage it. Bad habits like late night snacking have been sneaking back in.

Please
or

Hangoverstruggles · 03/07/2020 09:50

@Igglepigglesgrubbyblanket try the protein yogurts from Lidl. 120 cals but 20g of protein per pot. 75p each so not the cheapest but very filling and taste nice.

Lidl also have protein powder in at the moment - the diet one is Ā£14.99. 20g of protein per shake. The non-diet one is 35g per shake but is more cals.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

We're all short on time

Log in or sign up to use the 'See Next' or 'See all' posts by the OP (Original Poster) and cut straight to the action.

Already signed up?

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?