Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

A positive thread on Harry and Meghan (aka Thread 5)

Mummy195 · 10/05/2020 13:04

A continuation for those who would like to look at the positive side of Harry and Meghan.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mummy195 · 10/05/2020 13:10

Just thought we can round up what has been on the news this week.

Harry seems to be giving off California surfer glow in his latest Invictus games recording. He looks quite healthy and happy. I think the Invictus games were originally supposed to start yesterday (9-16 May).

His video can be found on Invictus twitter page

A positive thread on Harry and Meghan (aka Thread 5)
OP's posts:
Please
or

Mummy195 · 10/05/2020 14:09

Following on from the baby Archie video, H&M were praised by both the partner of the author and the illustrator for reading the book which has now sold out on Amazon.

Glad to see Save the Children setting people straight on the proceeds for the charity.

Also, Jennifer Garner fans were quick to slam down any trolls who crawled over to her IG account to try and spread the hate.

A positive thread on Harry and Meghan (aka Thread 5) A positive thread on Harry and Meghan (aka Thread 5) A positive thread on Harry and Meghan (aka Thread 5)
OP's posts:
Please
or

Hamsterian · 10/05/2020 14:12

Yes, the donations to the charity are going straight to the charity, I think the question was with the proceeds of the Duck Rabbit book sales.

Please
or

Mummy195 · 10/05/2020 14:17

Surely, such a question should not be directed at Save the Children.

Maybe to the Amy Krouse Rosenthal foundation ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mamamia456 · 10/05/2020 14:48

I don't think any proceeds from the book sales will go to save the children, unless they have come to an agreement with the publishers, author etc. Harry and Meghan wouldn't profit from that I doubt.

Please
or

Mamamia456 · 10/05/2020 14:53

Glad to hear that Piers Morgan has admitted that his comments on Meghan Markle went too far. Hopefully he will now he less critical of Harry and Meghan.

Please
or

chrisseldah1 · 10/05/2020 15:29

Place marking😃

Please
or

Serenster · 10/05/2020 15:29

Harry totally looks like William in that video (with a side of Ben Fogle!). I have never thought they looked alike before.

Please
or

Samcro · 10/05/2020 15:55

Good luck, i hope this one goes better than the one I started.

Please
or

SetPhasersTaeMalkie · 10/05/2020 16:45

I was interested to read that Piers Morgan felt he had gone too far in his comments about Meghan . It's a bit late now and he has a lot to answer for as he really has fanned the flames with his constant negativity.

It was almost daily for a while.

I too, hope the thread stays up.

Please
or

SetPhasersTaeMalkie · 10/05/2020 16:46

Harry does look a bit different. Is he thinner possibly?

Please
or

Becles · 10/05/2020 16:51

Siddles in...Smile

Please
or

Roussette · 10/05/2020 17:07

Thanks Mummy !

Gosh, doesn't Harry look like W in that picture? I've never particularly seen a similarity until now!
Just seen you said that Serenster Smile

As for PMorgan saying now that he went too far... yes, good, but a paltry apology like that doesn't take away the horrible endless criticism on and on. I hope he feels like a complete fool about it.

Please
or

Mummy195 · 10/05/2020 18:16

P Morgan must have some kind of agenda here.

-Either he is told what to say from way up.

• Maybe he is preparing for the revelations from the biography and possibly the law case.

-There could be the view that the response from most ppl is not as negative as they had expected. After all they spent a lot of time (and money) on this smear campaign. PM, Dickie A, etc. even gone around to the US and Australia giving interviews to discredit H&M when they left. Looking at how positive ppl have been with regards to Archie video, volunteer work, donations, homemade videos since they left (with Invictus, defence etc.)

• H&M seem to have infact taken away the taxpayer element from themselves, so ppl may wonder what the fuss is all about now.

• There has been no evidence of them being these money hungry grabbers they were claimed to be. Going off to Hollywood to 'sell themselves'. Because so far they do not seem to be making any money, everything has been for charity so far - even the court case possible win has been earmarked for a bullying charity.

• Also most widely read media outlets have gone on to report on the 'irrelevant' couple, with mostly straightforward, non-snarky reports since they left (yes sure, there has been the occasional 'opinion' from some reporter, but it's been nowhere near as daily relentless as the UK tabloids - which I am sure is a sigh of relief to H&M). So these publications are making money as there is still a lot of interest in H&M. (Goodness, anyone notice how petty, personal and unprofessional UK media reporters have been on H&M)
A positive thread on Harry and Meghan (aka Thread 5) A positive thread on Harry and Meghan (aka Thread 5) A positive thread on Harry and Meghan (aka Thread 5)
OP's posts:
Please
or

Mummy195 · 10/05/2020 18:23

PS : I do love the hippy bracelets and necklaces that both H&M have been spotting lately .

Harry has been wearing these for years (that's why I peg him as that Cali surfer guy.lol)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mummy195 · 11/05/2020 00:55

Also wanted to say about PMorgan. He may just want to talk about MM. Backtrack on this story, say it was miscued. Just to give out one of his diatribe on MM.

OP's posts:
Please
or

chrisseldah1 · 11/05/2020 15:55

Think Harry looks good, definitely has that glow. Must admit I was surprised Piers Morgan admitted that he went to far with his criticism. At times it was really hard to read/ watch the stuff he was saying about Meghan.

Please
or

chrisseldah1 · 11/05/2020 15:55

*too^^

Please
or

ArriettyJones · 11/05/2020 15:59

Also, Jennifer Garner fans were quick to slam down any trolls who crawled over to her IG account to try and spread the hate.

What does that mean? Are you being tabloidesque? Was there some disagreement? Or actual, y’know, hate?

Please
or

Roussette · 11/05/2020 16:30

Hate I think.

Please
or

ArriettyJones · 11/05/2020 16:33

What did they say?

Please
or

SetPhasersTaeMalkie · 11/05/2020 16:34

At times it was really hard to read/ watch the stuff he was saying about Meghan.

I agree. I would see a headline and click away. And I couldn't bring myself to watch GMTV either.

Please
or

iVampire · 11/05/2020 16:35

I think he looks different because his hair is fluffier at the sides (above his ears)

If they’re not taking from the taxpayer, does that mean they are self-funding security already? And is the promised Frogmore refund finally paid? Excellent news

They must be doing v well to afford the house where they are currently living

Please
or

MrsJoshNavidi · 11/05/2020 16:50

I'm pretty sure H's hair has had some treatment. It's definitely been styled. I wonder if he's had the bald patch fixed too!

I also thought he looked like William, though it's not something I've noticed before. Harry is like Prince Philip in looks I think. William is definitely a Spencer.

It must be weight loss and slimmer face

Please
or

Roussette · 11/05/2020 19:38

What did they say

Feel free to go and look. I'm not going to repeat it here.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.