Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Inside no 9

AnneLovesGilbert · 16/04/2022 20:53

I know I’m very late to the party and I’m sure there are other threads though I couldn’t see one. But bloody hell! It’s absolutely incredible. Heard there was a new season starting so went to the beginning to see if it was any good. I didn’t like League of Gebtleman so didn’t have high hopes. Binged the first season in a couple of evenings and can’t wait for more. Anyone else love it? Does it stay as great through s2 and beyond?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Eddielizzard · 16/04/2022 20:56

Yes it does! They are all brilliant!

Please
or

SpottyStripyDuvet · 16/04/2022 20:58

They are just brilliant. The podcast for each episode that they do (for the last couple of series at least ) is really good too.

Please
or

LosingTheWill2022 · 16/04/2022 21:03

It continues to be fantastic!
Like a box of chocolates everyone has favourites but the creativity and imagination of those 2 blows my mind. So clever and so enjoyable.

Please
or

AnneLovesGilbert · 16/04/2022 21:16

Ooh podcast sounds great, thank you! Is it by the writers?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Neveranynamesleft · 16/04/2022 21:19

Very imaginative series, the crossword one is brilliant. Although I think the last series wasn't as good tbh.

Please
or

Cotherstone · 16/04/2022 22:15

After a really long and exhausting day I said to DH we should get some takeaway and watch some Inside No 9, I’d only seen a few. “Let’s watch the 12 Days of Christine,” I said. “It’s supposed to be one of the best ones.”

Fuck me, that was not the comedy viewing we expected Shock

Please
or

BriceNobeslovesMurielHeslop · 16/04/2022 22:21

I love Inside Number 9- I have a signed script box set!
My favourites are The Stakeout from S5 and the crossword one.
My dormant teenage Reece Shearsmith crush has also been thoroughly re-ignited!

Please
or

AnneLovesGilbert · 16/04/2022 22:40

I’m yet to get to the crossword one but looking forward to it.

I have watched the Christmas one and can only imagine how you felt @Cotherstone!

Like a punch in the gut.

The one that’s stayed with me the most so far is Tom and Gerri.

It’s a good job they’re screen writers and not master criminals, the twisted things they dream up Grin

There’s echos of Hitchcock.

OP's posts:
Please
or

SpottyStripyDuvet · 16/04/2022 23:37

@SpottyStripyDuvet

They are just brilliant. The podcast for each episode that they do (for the last couple of series at least ) is really good too.

@AnneLovesGilbert yes it is Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton and usually the director or someone else who worked on that episode. It is fascinating!
Please
or

LizzieSiddal · 17/04/2022 00:06

I absolutely love this programme there’s so much packed into every 30 minutes.

The 12 days of Christine is my favourite and I think one of the best pieces of TV ever made. After saying that I want to watch it again, but can’t bring myself to.

Please
or

OnlyClothes · 17/04/2022 00:12

I love the one about moving house and it keeps skipping to ‘10 minutes ago’ or something. Just excellent!

Please
or

AnneLovesGilbert · 17/04/2022 07:49

The Understudy was incredible too. Double creepiness of who was orchestrating everything and (I think?) his premonitions. Chilling.

OP's posts:
Please
or

GreenClock · 17/04/2022 07:55

I liked Love’s Great Adventure with Debbie Rush - also set at Christmas.

Please
or

Lottapianos · 17/04/2022 07:58

They are ridiculously talented. Such brilliant writers. Can't wait for the new series.

Please
or

LosingTheWill2022 · 17/04/2022 08:10

If I had to pick a single episode it would be Bernie Clinton's Dressing Room. Clever, funny and so poignant. Brilliant writing and performing.

Please
or

MintMe · 17/04/2022 08:27

I loved the Zanzibar hotel one, and a Quiet Night In (the silent one).

Absolutely essential viewing and can't wait for the next series.

Please
or

Namechangeforthis88 · 17/04/2022 08:30

Love it but also can't handle the dark, disturbing nature!

Please
or

ZoyaTheDestroyer · 17/04/2022 09:09

I am so jealous of anyone who gets to watch them for the first time.

Please
or

covetingthepreciousthings · 17/04/2022 09:49

Looking forward to the new series especially the reunion of Mark Gatiss, it's been long awaited to see them all back on screen again.

Went to see Shearsmith and Pemberton in a "audience with" style show at the local theatre - if you get chance it's worth seeing, they're brilliant writers and very clever, interesting to hear their own takes and insights on the episodes etc. Especially enjoyed hearing that it became customary for Shearsmith to fake his own death for Pemberton to find him when they started writing each series together.

Please
or

JoyDivisionOvenGlovesx · 17/04/2022 10:10

Another big fan here.

I seem to love everything that these two do, in particular I loved Psychoville but that just didn’t get the admiration it deserved.

Amongst the typically lauded Inside no9 episodes, I thought the Devil of Christmas was superb, and Once Removed was so so clever.

The ‘live’ Hallowe’en one was a work of genius, but you possibly had to be there at the time to get the full hit.

Please
or

Lottapianos · 17/04/2022 20:03

'The ‘live’ Hallowe’en one was a work of genius, but you possibly had to be there at the time to get the full hit'

That was such a head melter. My DP knew they were playing silly buggers from the start but I just didn't know what to believe! It was SO creepy and so well done

Please
or

Blondeshavemorefun · 18/04/2022 07:42

S7 starts wed

Please
or

LosingTheWill2022 · 18/04/2022 11:49

@Blondeshavemorefun

S7 starts wed

Ooh! Thanks for the heads up. Grin
Please
or

BriceNobeslovesMurielHeslop · 18/04/2022 17:46

I watched the Halloween one live and absolutely bricked it, even knowing it was out on. I always feel a bit angry when I’m scared of an episode. I feel duped because they’ve been around so long that there is something almost “cosy” about them, even at their most malign.

Please
or

Hoolihan · 18/04/2022 17:50

It's brilliant. Agree about Christine, definitely one of the best things I've seen on TV but such a heartbreaker.

The Halloween special was genius.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.