Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

I've been butchered

Baldieheid · 04/08/2022 18:57

I asked the hairdresser for a pixie cut. Showed her a photo and everything.

She's practically shaved my head. I didn't realise it was happening as she came to my home and I foolishly didn't set up a mirror so I could see what was going on. She's cut my hair once before. Never again. I have about half an inch all over. Half a fucking inch. Yes, I paid her - just to get her out of my house before I did something irreversible and possibly criminal.

I realise I just have to live with it and allow it to grow out. I've got a few cotton scarves that I will now wear round my head for the next few months.

Fuckssake. I'm not even sure why I'm posting, except to have someone understand why I'm upset. OH says "it'll grow back" and "it's not that bad"....I just want to wail..

OP's posts:
Please
or

WaveyHair · 04/08/2022 19:04

Been there, cried the tears, wore a hat, and never went back.

This is why I also show my hairdresser photos of styles I hate, as well as like, to ensure the boundaries are in place and we are on the same page.

Please
or

imnottoofussed · 04/08/2022 19:07

You might find it grows pretty quick. My short hair is like a mop when I get it cut every four weeks. I'd have it cut every two weeks if I could Smile

Please
or

PlanetNormal · 04/08/2022 19:15

It’s hair. It grows. 🤷🏻‍♀️

And if it’s short, it seems to grow very fast as the amount it grows each day is larger relative to the length of the hair. DP was pissed off when he got back from the barbers saying he had been ‘scalped’. It has already grown out noticeably in two weeks.

Please
or

FuncaMunca · 04/08/2022 19:17

This has happened to me. I love a short pixie cut but a few times it's been TOO short. But honestly after just a week or two it will soften and feel less severe.

Please
or

Baldieheid · 04/08/2022 19:17

Yeah I know. I'm just in shock.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Beamur · 04/08/2022 19:19

I've cried in the hairdresser's before. It's horrible when it goes wrong.
At least when it's that short, it does begin to soften pretty quickly. So it will probably be bearable in a couple of weeks.
In this hot weather it's a silver lining..

Please
or

Divebar2021 · 04/08/2022 19:21

Ouch sorry OP. I did that thing once where I went to a new hairdresser AND had a radical new cut which was awful. In fact I did it again last year although the cut wasn’t awful that time just not great. I do have short hair though and I know it needs cutting every 6 weeks. I would expect in 2 weeks you’ll see a difference. Can you post a photo and we can suggest a route out of that style for you ?

Please
or

Endofdaysarehere · 04/08/2022 19:24

The best haircuts look severe at the time, but two weeks after really rock.

Especially short cuts.

Post how you feel in two weeks 🌺

Please
or

Baldieheid · 04/08/2022 19:26

It's probably been done well but omfg, I asked for the bloody pixie cut...

I've been butchered I've been butchered
OP's posts:
Please
or

CheshGirl · 04/08/2022 19:27

Oh my god

She's given you a barber cut!

Please
or

Baldieheid · 04/08/2022 19:27

Endofdaysarehere · 04/08/2022 19:24

The best haircuts look severe at the time, but two weeks after really rock.

Especially short cuts.

Post how you feel in two weeks 🌺

I do hope so, thank you. I don't get precious over my hair but this time, I'm genuinely upset.

OP's posts:
Please
or

JaneJeffer · 04/08/2022 19:28

In a month's time you'll have what you asked for 😬

Please
or

Flowertop845 · 04/08/2022 19:28

I've had almost an identical situation ! Hairdressers that I'd had once before and did a good job. Went to her house and like you she didn't have any mirrors set up. She said the dead ends needed cutting off so I said ok. Next thing I know literally 10 inches had been hacked off. I was only 18, too shocked to say anything. Got home and burst into tears. I hated it. 12 years on and only three months ago have I braved having it cut short again! This time on my terms!

Please
or

FurAndFeathers · 04/08/2022 19:30

it looks like a short back and sides not a pixie! I suspect she’s not technically very skilled and stuck with what she knew.
it’ll look much better in a couple of weeks

Please
or

catfunk · 04/08/2022 19:34

Did you show her that pic ?
She's literally given you a short back and sides.
The good news is it'll have grown out substantially in around 10 days

Please
or

Alwayswonderedwhy · 04/08/2022 19:34

Does she usually work in a barbers? I'd complain.

Please
or

Iheartmysmart · 04/08/2022 19:35

i know it’s not what you wanted but I think it really suits you! I’ve just grown out my pixie crop but in all the years I had short hair my experience was male hairdressers are far better at those sort of styles. Use some styling wax on it for a bit of definition and it’ll grow out in a couple of weeks.

Please
or

Cocolapew · 04/08/2022 19:36

I think its fine, just needs product .
Its obviously not what you asked for but as others have said in 2 weeks it will have grown a lot.
I like it.

Please
or

Staynow · 04/08/2022 19:38

That looks like my son's haircut, short back and sides. I'm not surprised you're pissed off. It will grow out quickly though, his always does.

Please
or

Baldieheid · 04/08/2022 19:39

catfunk · 04/08/2022 19:34

Did you show her that pic ?
She's literally given you a short back and sides.
The good news is it'll have grown out substantially in around 10 days

Yep. That's exactly what I asked for.

OP's posts:
Please
or

DFOD · 04/08/2022 19:39

Maybe put a rich brown colour through it to give it more softness and wax as PP says.

When I had a pixie cut - I felt I needed to wear makeup when I didn’t before….but if you have a summer glow you will look fab.

Please
or

Baldieheid · 04/08/2022 19:41

Thank you. I know it's just hair and I do keep it short always, but pixie short, not just joined the army short. I'll get used to it, I'm just not there yet.

OP's posts:
Please
or

DonateBloodNCheckSmokeAlarms · 04/08/2022 19:41

I was perversely disappointed when I saw this wasn't a story about plastic surgery gone wrong! So at least you didn't get that, OP!

Please
or

Baldieheid · 04/08/2022 19:42

DonateBloodNCheckSmokeAlarms · 04/08/2022 19:41

I was perversely disappointed when I saw this wasn't a story about plastic surgery gone wrong! So at least you didn't get that, OP!

No chance....

OP's posts:
Please
or

LizzieSiddal · 04/08/2022 19:42

It will look better in a few weeks so don’t worry. However it’s nothing at all like the picture- wasn’t she embarrassed?! She should have apologised profusely and not charged you!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.