My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sponsored discussions. If you'd like to run one with us, please email [email protected].

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sponsored threads

Share the things that you love to save for - £200 voucher to be won

218 replies

GraceEMumsnet · 15/02/2021 09:35

This sponsored discussion is now closed

Saving might not be easy at the moment, but putting away a little each month now means that we can start looking forward to ‘sunny days’ treats or trips when times are brighter. Whatever they may be, Nationwide would love to hear about the things that you’ve missed and can’t wait to do again.

Here’s what Nationwide has to say: “While life after the pandemic may still feel some way off, we’re looking to the future and encouraging people to talk about what they’re looking forward to being able to enjoy again. As a mutual, we feel it’s our role to get the nation saving and we want to inspire people to keep building their savings pot as they look to the future and their own sunny day plans.”

All savings, big or small, are important. Whether it's accidental saving on your train fare while working from home or consciously saving the pennies that were once set aside for a daily takeaway coffee. From a once in a lifetime holiday to gigs and pub lunches with friends and family, what are you looking forward to being able to do post pandemic?

All who post on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky MNer will win a £200 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!

MNHQ

Insight T&Cs apply

Share the things that you love to save for - £200 voucher to be won
OP posts:
zindeggeh · 04/03/2021 21:13

I'm looking forward to just being able to go out to restaurants again and have a nice meal out.

Patafi · 04/03/2021 21:17

We've been planning on visiting family abroad for a while and then covid disrupted everything so really looking forward to that again.

shansterx · 04/03/2021 21:21

For me, I'm looking forward to going out shopping. I've been saving for ages and I sort of want to have that experience of browsing and buying stuff in store.

Holothane · 05/03/2021 13:49

The living room will now have new curtains mahogany tv stand I hate the one we’ve got now dh doesn’t care about this stuff I do though, new wallpaper on one wall, looks like wood, I love it. Then bedroom at winter sets in around November just before Christmas. So a busy happy year for me, also started using the Dr who blu ray sets from America.

Holothane · 05/03/2021 13:49

Sorry my brains gone buying.

claza93 · 05/03/2021 13:50

We are looking forward to days out with my sister and her family! Can't wait for a day out at the zoo and the beach

Holothane · 05/03/2021 17:56

Kitchen is going daffodil yellow and white, it will look lovely my birthday present this year. I can’t wait new kettle microwave and toaster.

Montydoo · 09/03/2021 14:52

I have saved money on swimming and music lessons - around £300 which I have put into my children's savings account, having a family holiday cancelled has meant we have an extra £3000 in the joint account - which is the most we have ever had, the saving on train fares, lunches, and the shopping I used to do on make-up and skincare, and no hair dressers has made me think just how much I spent each week.
We have.not booked to go on holiday abroad this year, and have booked with CentreParks for August - fingers crossed.
The money I have saved will go towards the loft conversion that we have kept putting off - but realising having 5 of us at home the extra space is essential - we will have around 7 K due to not spending due to the restrictions - and are in the throws of finding a builder to draw up the plans. .

sheilads105 · 09/03/2021 15:23

I'm saving for an entry to the New York marathon when the COVID situation allows it to be held again. No commuting and fewer expensive coffees help.

HomeEdRocks18 · 09/03/2021 21:40

I have a metal savings tin that requires a tin opener to get it open. I have been putting in £2 coins and any spare notes I have in my purse on a Sunday night.
I am saving up for a family holiday next year. We're hoping to go to the Harry Potter studios and a trip to the museum's in London. We'll go on the sleeper train

Kittyme · 10/03/2021 20:58

We have been saving up for a new kitchen and once lockdown is over we are hoping to get the fitters in to start on the work.

ThisTime6088868 · 11/03/2021 20:38

Love saving for a family holiday

jacqui5366 · 12/03/2021 14:25

With the savings from going to the office, train fares, daily parking costs by the train station, 'impulse' purchases at lunchtime for clothes I don't really need .......the list goes on, we have saved on going on holiday, and don't expect to be going abroad this year - with the savings I have made, I have bought a layzee spa hot tub and awning, we intend to use it soooo much now that spring is on the horizon.

It will be something to look forward to after a day of Zoom and school runs.

jellybeanpopper · 14/03/2021 17:28

I'm also saving so I can enjoy my time off while on maternity leave. When I had my first I was fortunate to have 6 months full pay, my current job is just SSP so I'm saving so i can afford to have a year off and still go to baby groups etc. Without too much financial worry or pressure to go back to work early

pushchairprincess · 15/03/2021 14:46

We have had 'accidental savings' from the fuel, and bus fares we have saved through not going to work, and the savings through not going on holiday, and outings we have nearly £1000 extra in the joint account, we have asked the children if they would like a holiday next year or new grass and garden furniture for our staycation this summer - so we have ordered the turf for Easter, and are looking at a playhouse, goal posts, and a trampoline sunk into the garden for summer - they may be accidental savings, but they will be great for summer - cannot wait to see the transformation.

Halli2020 · 16/03/2021 05:04

I’m saving up for my future child. So we can buy decent clothes, cot, pram, furniture and other bits and bobs.

altiara · 16/03/2021 19:44

I’m saving for an amazing holiday when my Daughter finishes her GCSEs in 2022. Fingers crossed there will be the opportunity to travel!
I’ve also saved enough money to pay off my car which is on finance which I’m really pleased at.

GraceEMumsnet · 18/03/2021 15:04

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of you comments. This discussion has now closed and we have selected a lucky prize winner for this prize draw. The winner is @Aardvark88- congratulations!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.