My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sponsored discussions. If you'd like to run one with us, please email [email protected].

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sponsored threads

Share the things that you love to save for - £200 voucher to be won

218 replies

GraceEMumsnet · 15/02/2021 09:35

This sponsored discussion is now closed

Saving might not be easy at the moment, but putting away a little each month now means that we can start looking forward to ‘sunny days’ treats or trips when times are brighter. Whatever they may be, Nationwide would love to hear about the things that you’ve missed and can’t wait to do again.

Here’s what Nationwide has to say: “While life after the pandemic may still feel some way off, we’re looking to the future and encouraging people to talk about what they’re looking forward to being able to enjoy again. As a mutual, we feel it’s our role to get the nation saving and we want to inspire people to keep building their savings pot as they look to the future and their own sunny day plans.”

All savings, big or small, are important. Whether it's accidental saving on your train fare while working from home or consciously saving the pennies that were once set aside for a daily takeaway coffee. From a once in a lifetime holiday to gigs and pub lunches with friends and family, what are you looking forward to being able to do post pandemic?

All who post on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky MNer will win a £200 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!

MNHQ

Insight T&Cs apply

Share the things that you love to save for - £200 voucher to be won
OP posts:
DarkDarkNight · 21/02/2021 18:37

A house deposit and money for surveys etc. Getting out of private renting would feel like the best thing in the world. Tired of funding someone else’s lifestyle.

Kweenxo · 21/02/2021 18:52

Saving for a holiday. We've been wanting to go since before Covid-19 so can't wait until it's an option again.

FuckingHateRats · 21/02/2021 21:08

We want to extend our kitchen out into our garden a little. Give us lots of space for a bigger table, and I can finally look onto the garden whilst cooking and washing up.

Serender · 21/02/2021 21:32

Saving for a kitchen renovation. It's been on our to do list for a long time now.

PatrishaPatel · 21/02/2021 21:37

I can't wait to be able to have a simple coffee with friends and family.

ruqiya1965 · 21/02/2021 21:57

I'm looking forward to going on holiday with the family. We definitely need one!

saffysabir · 21/02/2021 22:03

I just want to be able to shop normally. Online shopping is just not the same.

Cinderellashoes · 21/02/2021 22:05

Mines really not that interesting but - as a nurse I’ve still been going into work so not saving on petrol but the local council gave us free parking, I also decided to take lunch rather than buy so I’ve put the money I’ve saved on parking and food towards a holiday in this country. It’s booked but I can cancel with 48 hours notice. Really hoping I can go! My kids deserve it.

Finnyhaddock · 21/02/2021 22:39

Saving ... just because I always like a contingency fund.

bicky · 22/02/2021 00:24

I’m saving for my son to go to university, I’d like to be able to pay his accommodation for him

Forfolkssake · 22/02/2021 00:58

I'm in the process of splitting from my husband of over two decades. All rather a shock. I'm now under immense pressure financially but I'm determined to save for a day trip to the seaside for myself and the children; paddling, sandcastles, rockpools, fish and chips and donkey rides too! We all need something to focus on and look forward to. 😊

Downriver · 22/02/2021 09:58

We are saving for a new washing machine....so boring, and hard when our money goes into the coin op ones! Also saving for a big holiday in a few years time, when hopefully all is possible again.

Mummybarnowl · 22/02/2021 14:30

We are really looking forward to meeting up with the rest of our family in real life when the sun is shining again and life is more settled. We are saving the money we would have spent on meals out in a pot and hoping to put towards a few days away.

decadance · 22/02/2021 14:51

Saving for a few day trips to the seaside, we went no where last summer but the garden and the park, hopefully this summer

Chewingle · 22/02/2021 14:59

@GraceEMumsnet

When will this draw be taking place?!

KiansKuddles · 22/02/2021 15:49

I love to save where I can so, cashback on purchases that I already planned to make is a great way for me to earn whilst spending! In addition, I will often save up the points from my supermarket loyalty cards so that I can exchange my points for vouchers for Nationwide days out and, I'll often have enough points too so that I can buy some top up snacks and drinks for the journey!

FindingMeno · 22/02/2021 18:17

Saving for a rainy day!

AllAboutHallowsEve · 22/02/2021 22:28

I'm lucky that I've managed to save during the pandemic. Primarily, it was intended as a safety blanket as I was worried I might be made redundant. Thankfully my job looks secure, so whilst my aim is to keep building my savings pot little by little, I hope to take my kid away for a few days later this year as a treat. I really miss exploring new places and I think it's good for ones mental health to have something to look forward to.

coronafiona · 22/02/2021 23:20

We've had a tough ten years, seriously ill child followed by twins meant we struggle financially. We are just emerging from that period and are trying to save for a holiday, we usually struggle and are overdrawn every single month so having anything in the bank feels great

Holothane · 22/02/2021 23:25

Cash back is fantastic the change helps with the universal credit fund. Christmas really starts next month birthdays and summer decorating as well.

GraceEMumsnet · 23/02/2021 09:38

Hi @Chewingle, we'll be running the prize draw on the week commencing 15th March! Smile

OP posts:
princesspeppax · 23/02/2021 10:17

We are saving to move out to a bigger house! At the moment we are in a 2 bed with 3 kids and hoping to move to 3 bed after lockdown lifts but the house needs work!

Chewingle · 23/02/2021 10:22

@GraceEMumsnet

Thanks

I don’t understand why mumsnet never ever clarifies the draw date on any of these competitions!

JovialNickname · 23/02/2021 17:31

I am trying to save up to move to a new rental property. Deposit and first month's rent is expensive! I am proud of myself for even saving a little though, I've never saved any money before, even £100.

StopGuacAndRoll · 23/02/2021 17:53

We are saving to build our emergency fund. If last year taught us anything it is that we need a fully funded emergency fund.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.