My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sponsored discussions. If you'd like to run one with us, please email [email protected].

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sponsored threads

Read about Mumsnet users' perfect UK breaks

424 replies

JustineBMumsnet · 27/01/2020 10:43

This thread is now closed.

There’s no question that staycations are on the rise. And whether you’d consider one because they can be cheaper, easier with a large family, you want to appreciate the UK or simply because you can bring your dogs along too, Parkdean Resorts would like to hear about what your ideal UK staycation looks like.

Here’s what Parkdean Resorts has to say: “We are the UK’s largest Holiday Park operator with 67 locations in some of the most stunning coastal, countryside and lakeside locations. From the impressive Scottish Highlands to the sunny South Coast, a Parkdean Resorts holiday is a great way to explore the UK and discover your new favourite spot.

Adventurers can camp with their tent, touring caravan or even try Glamping. Or choose from a huge choice of caravans, lodges and hot tub lodges including brand new accommodation for 2020, to suit all budgets and family sizes packed with everything you need for a stress-free holiday. And with 66 parks offering dog friendly accommodation, you really can bring the whole family on your holiday.

Find the best choice of accommodation by booking early, with deposits from only £25. And, you can now spread the cost of your holiday in easy and affordable monthly Direct Debit payments. Perfect!”

Would you be looking for a beachside break for the whole family while hoping the British rain holds off or do you think a couples midweek retreat sounds like the perfect way to recharge your batteries? Where in the UK is next on your list to visit? If you already ‘staycation’ regularly, what do you enjoy about it?

All who share what their perfect UK break would look like on the thread below will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Read about Mumsnet users' perfect UK breaks
OP posts:
jessiecat333 · 30/01/2020 09:47

A perfect getaway for us would be a caravan holiday that includes all inclusive eating so I don't have to cook and an entertainment place to keep everyone occupied

EmilyK83 · 30/01/2020 09:49

For me, it would have to be somewhere rural where my son can run around safely without needing to worry too much about traffic etc... but still with good access to shops and towns/villages where we can have a wander and something to eat.

veegstez · 30/01/2020 09:49

My perfect UK break would be easy to get to by train. I like to have a good range of things to do whilst there, such as visiting places of historical interest, castles and museums etc, especially free ones. It would also have some nice scenery and unusual little shops to get lost in for hours.

rebeccaroskellthomas · 30/01/2020 09:52

Somewhere like Center Parcs but without the extortionate costs! I feel at peace at center parcs, I love nature but can't take on the cost of it now.

ThemisA · 30/01/2020 09:59

Cambridge college stay and reliving old times with old friends, good food and plenty of walks

maureen3733 · 30/01/2020 10:02

A weekend break in beautiful york taking in the stunning architecture

juju3 · 30/01/2020 10:02

centre parcs and alton towers by the sea

gaptoothuk · 30/01/2020 10:11

Anywhere near the beach for me and the kids! Absolutely love going for relaxing walks and hearing the waves as kids play in the sand

lolly2010 · 30/01/2020 10:24

Clean accommodation located within easy reach of some activities / beach. We usually look for a site with a swimming pool and play area so that children have lots within easy reach and are able to make friends. We spend alot of time exploring around but its nice to relax too.

pennwood · 30/01/2020 10:26

Staycations are great as Britain has something for everyone. It needs to have a reasonable journey time, and plenty of entertainment for inclement weather. Close to a nice sandy beach, with some rural walks in the vicinity. A safe playpark for the children, and good reasonably priced food available on site. A paddling pool and swimming pool is a nice to have.

sor5 · 30/01/2020 10:33

With my 3 dogs on a beach

sallyhartley · 30/01/2020 10:34

A holiday park with kids entertainment and something for the adults. Cornwall would be great. Beautiful walks too

hiddenmichelle · 30/01/2020 10:37

My perfect UK break would involve perfect weather. So presuming it was warm and sunny, it would be by a beach. However, given the weather is not predictable it would have to be somewhere with lots of rainy day activities close by.

finleypop · 30/01/2020 10:47

My ideal UK break involves a feeling of seclusion. I want to sit outside without being overlooked.
My dream location would have a beautiful view & lovely walks right from my front door.

devito92 · 30/01/2020 10:49

I'd like a on the beach lodge/caravan so you can sit and listen to the waves, or walk in the sand in a remote part of the UK.

SoftBlocks · 30/01/2020 10:51

Clean, good shores etc, preferably a shop and/ or restaurant but most importantly lots of woodland, beach or hills so that we can pretend we are away from civilisation for a few hours!

A choice of dogs or no dogs would be good. I don’t mind a few well supervised dogs but don’t want the place to be one big dog park.

essexchic · 30/01/2020 10:53

A lovely walk on the beach with the family, sunshine would be good too! Also entertainment for the little ones.

Babymamamama · 30/01/2020 10:59

Parkdean is already our choice for UK breaks (I actually prefer it to renting a cottage or centreparcs). We have tried several locations along the south coast and have loved them all. I book a higher end caravan or lodge as I like comfort. I love being cosy out of high season, using the (fake) fire in the living area and cooking food in the well appointed kitchen. The ideal for us is: close to the beach for long walks, covered heated swimming pool for rainy days and if there is horse riding nearby or on site all the better. I enjoyed the new menus in the restaurant when we recent visited and we had a lovely Sunday roast carvery style. I thought the food was good quality and value. We find the entertainment great fun in the evenings and I even won on the bingo last time I was there. Parkdean all the way.

rwgray · 30/01/2020 11:11

Four-star cottage, hired car, village pub and plenty of walking.

NICH7 · 30/01/2020 11:16

Rent a nice villa in Devon or Cornwall, either near the beach or near a small village in the country side. We can spend sometime in the villa, and also visit surrounding areas as and when we feel like - it’s a kind of holiday my family enjoys. 😃

LauraMMM · 30/01/2020 11:17

My perfect UK holiday would be around the coast, lots of outdoor activities to keep us and the kids happy. Explore some local history, find a good family friendly pub with good food. Somewhere clean, bright and relaxing to stay maybe in a rented cottage or a lodge with a hot tub is always great luxury!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners · 30/01/2020 11:18

I really like Parkdean sites. I have a grown up son, so I'm not fussed about the children's entertainment. He never really liked it much when he was little though, found it a bit boring. However it is useful to have it there as a back up and if you have more than one child I imagine it's invaluable, knowing they are safe.

We usually stay in a lodge at Ruda. We have stayed in a beach apartment there before and enjoyed it, but the lodges offer a lot of space and comfort. Sometimes my parents and sister come with us so it is good to have a site in walking distance of a nice pub.

I don't like the onsite entertainment venues because they are geared towards families with younger children and I am past that stage. An 'adult only' lounge would be good, so those of us without children can have a quiet relaxing evening out.

A nice beach in close proximity, no dogs staying onsite (other than in specific pet friendly caravans or lodges that you can avoid when booking), decent reasonably priced shop on site, verandah and ensuites in the caravans/lodges are my ideal.

shellywkd · 30/01/2020 11:22

A week in a nice wood chalet just me and my 15 year old daughter. Somewhere pretty and peaceful she has exams coming up so after that somewhere to unwind. Somewhere secluded with some great walks and countryside to relax.

flowerpot2000 · 30/01/2020 11:29

drving up to scotland first edingbugh to sight see the castle etc then driving up to the isles to see the beauty in the outer herbrides

Yaracuy · 30/01/2020 11:52

Scotland would be my ideal break. A few days in Edinburgh and then somewhere near the locks.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.