My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sponsored discussions. If you'd like to run one with us, please email [email protected].

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sponsored threads

Read about Mumsnet users' perfect UK breaks

424 replies

JustineBMumsnet · 27/01/2020 10:43

This thread is now closed.

There’s no question that staycations are on the rise. And whether you’d consider one because they can be cheaper, easier with a large family, you want to appreciate the UK or simply because you can bring your dogs along too, Parkdean Resorts would like to hear about what your ideal UK staycation looks like.

Here’s what Parkdean Resorts has to say: “We are the UK’s largest Holiday Park operator with 67 locations in some of the most stunning coastal, countryside and lakeside locations. From the impressive Scottish Highlands to the sunny South Coast, a Parkdean Resorts holiday is a great way to explore the UK and discover your new favourite spot.

Adventurers can camp with their tent, touring caravan or even try Glamping. Or choose from a huge choice of caravans, lodges and hot tub lodges including brand new accommodation for 2020, to suit all budgets and family sizes packed with everything you need for a stress-free holiday. And with 66 parks offering dog friendly accommodation, you really can bring the whole family on your holiday.

Find the best choice of accommodation by booking early, with deposits from only £25. And, you can now spread the cost of your holiday in easy and affordable monthly Direct Debit payments. Perfect!”

Would you be looking for a beachside break for the whole family while hoping the British rain holds off or do you think a couples midweek retreat sounds like the perfect way to recharge your batteries? Where in the UK is next on your list to visit? If you already ‘staycation’ regularly, what do you enjoy about it?

All who share what their perfect UK break would look like on the thread below will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Read about Mumsnet users' perfect UK breaks
OP posts:
Juanmorebeer · 29/01/2020 23:15

We go on 3 - 4 UK caravan park breaks per year and use ParkDean, Park resorts and occasionally Haven. Sometimes I book through Hoseasons but use the main website if same price or cheaper.

I'll be honest. My one priority is pricing. I don't have much to spend on these breaks and I am really happy to go basic on our accommodation in order to get away more often.

I do prefer to have a park van rather than a private owner so that beds are made up and I have no issue bringing my own towels and everything else a self catering holiday requires. I don't find that much extra effort as I am well experienced at it now.

A service which was more costly to include basics in the fridge/toiletries etc is not something I would pay extra for. Let's face it too. Kids don't notice this sort of thing.

If I wanted a 'posher' sort of thing I'd save up and go to Center Parcs. But I don't, sites such as ParkDean ones are the kind of holidays I grew up with and I love them. Please don't try and aspire to a more upmarket crowd, I think you do well at the current price point and market.

In terms of practicalities on site what I like to see is safety considerations for things such as traffic and exits. My dd is at the age now where in the evenings when we are in the club she plays in the arcades on her own/with friends. It is not good if there are doors going out onto the carpark/Road where kids could wander out, so add gates maybe or reposition doors if needed.

I am a big fan of dogs on the parks. I would like to see more of them! Dog friendly is a big emerging market so maybe certain parts of sites where it is poss to buy a drink but dogs are allowed in, would be great.

We're coming to Vauxhall in a couple of weeks for half term, our first time at that site so looking forward to it!

buckley1983 · 29/01/2020 23:30

I love holidaying in the UK - there's so much beautiful countryside & coastline we haven't seen yet.
I'm quite new to camping, but I'm learning!
A nice, quiet campsite with good showers would be amazing - but the option of glamping is available, that would be the dream!!
It would be wonderful to be close to an activity centre & a bike trail so we can get out & about!
I'm happy to just roll with the weather :)

del2929 · 29/01/2020 23:40

glamping is very appealing
somewhere where the children would not be bored after 5minutes

leccybill · 30/01/2020 00:28

We love Parkdean Resorts and have stayed at a few now. Looking at just over the border into Scotland for our next one. Not bothered about beaches as grew up by one. Like a lake or forest though!
I'd love a place on site to go and get my hair blown after swimming and a nail bar as we often come straight from work so a treat for me would be nice.
DD 10 is an only so some evening entertainment to suit her age group would be nice, like karaoke or choreography or a quiz.

vampirethriller · 30/01/2020 07:01

I love camping, somewhere with lots of walks, beach, a nearby town for the evening and wandering in the day. For a long time I went to St Ives and camped with friends but they've now emigrated, so the baby, the dog and myself are looking for something new!

minkeymonkeys · 30/01/2020 08:32

Somewhere rural, near the coast. A lovely lodge with a hot tub. Oh and the sun shining too please.

APJ1 · 30/01/2020 08:34

A chalet in a quiet, scenic and safe location, near to the beach. An on-site swimming pool with a jacuzzi and a pub or restaurant with indulgent food!

redfox5 · 30/01/2020 08:34

I'd like somewhere in the New Forest, lodge or treehouse style accommodation, with a hot tub.

Also east access to restaurants and pubs.

SuzfromSoton · 30/01/2020 08:41

At the moment I'm on the look out for somewhere quiet, well maintained - a nice pool would be a bonus. Not bothered about kids clubs/activites - just basic, clean and affordable.

davyu1 · 30/01/2020 08:52

Plush 5-Star all inclusive London city centre hotel with chauffeurs on tap

mutleythegooner · 30/01/2020 09:00

I'd like a nice cottage break in Cornwall for me, my husband and our 2 girls. Its wonderful down there and the perfect place to have a digital detox and reconnect with family.

Ellie2345 · 30/01/2020 09:01

Mine would be a caravan with possibly a hot tub, with lovely sea views or countryside views, quality entertainment at night but also something for older children, age 11-14, feel like there is never anything for this age group

xcxcsophiexcxc · 30/01/2020 09:02

Basically centre parcs, but cheaper with a hot tub 😂

happysouls · 30/01/2020 09:02

Funny it should be Parkdean asking the question since my ideal holiday is one of their resorts! Grannie's Heilan' Hame Holiday Park! My dream holiday would be 3 weeks in a lovely caravan here. Not only is it a beautiful looking place but it is perfectly positioned for my dream holiday touring the Scottish Highlands! I've had this place bookmarked for a couple of years but just can't afford to do it right. In the meantime I'm having shorter breaks in Wales which I also love but is more affordable.

Rachdayan · 30/01/2020 09:11

Somewhere down south, little blue coves and sandy beaches, small quaint pubs, country lanes and no crowds!

Spices001 · 30/01/2020 09:12

Near the sea with plenty of animal related activities for DD
Maybe a little sun too....

AngelwingsPetlamb · 30/01/2020 09:12

Peaceful, even when children, dogs etc are nearby.
Hot tub
Clean, spacious accommodation
Helpful, friendly staff
Located near beach or lovely countryside for exploring
Swimming pool
Laundry facilities

OhMeows · 30/01/2020 09:16

I love city breaks with museums, beautiful buildings, and good food. Nice cosy hotel in walking distance of good food and drink.

ninamotylinski · 30/01/2020 09:16

It would definitely need to have some fantastic walks and areas to explore. Depending on whether we were with the children or not, some activities for them would be a must and facilities for them. Lastly some unique and local places to eat really top the list, we love food and a really good meal somewhere different is often the highlight of the trip

janeyf1 · 30/01/2020 09:34

Somewhere scenic such as Dorset, staying in a nice hotel in Bournemouth so as to visit the lovely sandy beach, the gardens and nice places to go for lunch

footdust · 30/01/2020 09:35

Clean, affordable accommodation with outdoor and indoor activities to cope with the British weather

katiebasey · 30/01/2020 09:35

A caravan or cottage , on the beach or as near as possible, sandy beach, lots of walks just good clean fresh air and no shops. Only maybe a local grocery/ farm shop for stocking up on bread, milk etc.

twinklenicci · 30/01/2020 09:36

A family holiday in a lodge in the forest , would be nice to have some sun but hey ,its England we know how to cope with the rain

coziwozi · 30/01/2020 09:40

Have always wanted to do a little tour of Scotland with our 5 year old and 3 dogs in a luxury motorhome! We would all love that x

Pmliu · 30/01/2020 09:41

I took my little ones to Butlins Bognor Regis, just for tots and they loved it, there was so much for my 3 little girls to do and they didn’t get bored for one second and it kept them super happy. This will be my ideal uk staycation, it kept our kids happy and entertained and made us happy to see them like that.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.