My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sponsored discussions. If you'd like to run one with us, please email [email protected].

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sponsored threads

Read about Mumsnet users' perfect UK breaks

424 replies

JustineBMumsnet · 27/01/2020 10:43

This thread is now closed.

There’s no question that staycations are on the rise. And whether you’d consider one because they can be cheaper, easier with a large family, you want to appreciate the UK or simply because you can bring your dogs along too, Parkdean Resorts would like to hear about what your ideal UK staycation looks like.

Here’s what Parkdean Resorts has to say: “We are the UK’s largest Holiday Park operator with 67 locations in some of the most stunning coastal, countryside and lakeside locations. From the impressive Scottish Highlands to the sunny South Coast, a Parkdean Resorts holiday is a great way to explore the UK and discover your new favourite spot.

Adventurers can camp with their tent, touring caravan or even try Glamping. Or choose from a huge choice of caravans, lodges and hot tub lodges including brand new accommodation for 2020, to suit all budgets and family sizes packed with everything you need for a stress-free holiday. And with 66 parks offering dog friendly accommodation, you really can bring the whole family on your holiday.

Find the best choice of accommodation by booking early, with deposits from only £25. And, you can now spread the cost of your holiday in easy and affordable monthly Direct Debit payments. Perfect!”

Would you be looking for a beachside break for the whole family while hoping the British rain holds off or do you think a couples midweek retreat sounds like the perfect way to recharge your batteries? Where in the UK is next on your list to visit? If you already ‘staycation’ regularly, what do you enjoy about it?

All who share what their perfect UK break would look like on the thread below will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Read about Mumsnet users' perfect UK breaks
OP posts:
Quod1 · 30/01/2020 11:53

Anywhere staying on a boat, Norfolk Broads, Canals, Around the Coast. I just love that you can get up and go yet off the beaten track and travelling at a slow pace. So peaceful.

Moobirch · 30/01/2020 11:53

You cant guarantee the weather so there would need to be a mix of indoor and outdoor attractions nearby. Last years holiday was at a Parkdean park in Skipsea on the Yorkshire coast. Nicely secluded in a little village, but with lots of outdoor walks a short drive away, historic York a day trip away, coastal towns to visit and amenities on site for the evenings. We had a great time.

Bonkerz · 30/01/2020 11:57

We go park dean resorts every year. Have done for years. Off to trecco in 2 weeks then summerfields in July.
These two sites are firm favourites but we tend to travel all over UK. We stick with park dean because of the entertainment. The pools are great and the extra activities brill. We usually have one or two days off site but mainly for us as a family we stay on site and just spend our days together doing activities and making use of the facilities.

littlemonkeyz · 30/01/2020 11:58

We like forests with plenty of flat cycle routes, maybe a nice beach and great accommodation which is clean and has plenty of space outside to run around.

Doodygirl2009 · 30/01/2020 12:03

My dream break would be in a cottage in the Yorkshire dales, somewhere that has activities for my kids.

aesops · 30/01/2020 12:06

A family caravan with children's amenities right next to a golden sandy beach

Elizasmum02 · 30/01/2020 12:18

somewhere by the coast with plenty of walks nearby and places to visit like museums :)

Ganne1 · 30/01/2020 12:19

Anywhere I have never been before, or where I love revisiting. West and North Wales are always high on my list. There's so much to do whilst getting away from the crowds. Country walks, spectacular scenery, little steam trains, ancient castles, small towns and villages ... wonderful!

AR2012 · 30/01/2020 12:20

Cottage in the lake district perfect for walking trails and hiking.

lozzieann · 30/01/2020 12:23

Any where there is a beach, water, good food and lots of nice walks. Our boys and dogs love to be able to run and play on the beach for hours. It is where we are at our happiest.

Nikita90 · 30/01/2020 12:23

A private hot tub in a cool, unique accommodation. I'd love onsite activities for the kids, maybe a heated pool/crafts/walking routes. Also a decent on site restaurant or cafe

maryandbuzz1 · 30/01/2020 12:25

We would love to try glamping....somewhere close to the coast. It would need to be dog friendly and close to lovely places to eat out.

moosexxx · 30/01/2020 12:33

A week of sunshine by the sea, would be amazing!

CLINKERVISION1 · 30/01/2020 12:35

my ideal break would have great entertainment, something my teenage son could enjoy plus somewhere that internet access would be minimum so i could really escape from work xxx

sammylea80 · 30/01/2020 12:37

I would like a cozy cottage with a local pub, fabulous walks near by and a hot tub to unwind in.

Annak789 · 30/01/2020 12:43

Our prefect UK break is a good caravan park holiday Grin

jandoc · 30/01/2020 12:48

It would be a few days in a nice little hideaway somewhere nice and warm

kateloader · 30/01/2020 12:48

My perfect UK break always has to involve a trip to Alton Towers. I love staying nearby the night before and getting up the next day eating a Full English before a day of Rollercoasters and Thrills!

andywedge · 30/01/2020 12:50

As long as the sun shines and the rain stays away I'll be happy; but somewhere close to the beaches and lots of family activities

Nancyaloe · 30/01/2020 12:51

A nice cottage by the sea in south Cornwall,where we could go on lots of walks with the dog and kids and maybe a hot tub for the evening!

Helsbells68 · 30/01/2020 12:54

A log cabin with a hot tub in the middle of the woods and no one else around for miles :)

Noxid · 30/01/2020 12:56

Devon is lovely I enjoy holidays where we can walk everywhere From dining out evening entertainment and beach visits also taking public transport for days out

kamaxtra · 30/01/2020 12:59

Convenient to get to, beautiful landscapes, sunny days (hopefully), fantastic quality food and plenty of local cultural things to see or local villages to walk around & explore!

jojo8208 · 30/01/2020 12:59

I love all kinds of holiday's in the UK - I actually prefer to holiday here. When I have all the kids I love to go to a caravan park - there's one I particularly love in North Wales, by the sea. I love the entertainment for the kids & the general feel of community.
I also love relaxing breaks in places like the Lake District - I might just take my younger 2 on that that holiday.
To be honest, as long as it involves being by water we're happy - the tranquillity is unbeatable.

chris8888 · 30/01/2020 13:00

We stayed on Parkdean site in Dawlish in Devon last year. Great site has everything and beach right there, took the dog too. We have also stayed on holiday parks in and Yarmouth. We like the idea of being somewhere in a few hours, plenty for the kids to do and plenty of open spaces nearby. To make it pefect? sunshine if possible please :)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.