My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

It’s ye olde buyers/sellers waiting room continued thread…

1000 replies

ibelieveinmirrorballs · 15/12/2023 17:57

The nail-biting wait continues….

OP posts:
ibelieveinmirrorballs · 15/12/2023 18:06

@MercyNursey congratulations..! I bet you feel like you’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards…

@Jacquel666 - ahh that old chestnut - wanting loads of building reg documents from before any of us were born at the 11th hour when all this could have been raised weeks ago…

OP posts:
AutumnNymph · 15/12/2023 19:01

Hello all, am pulling up a comfy chair and snuggling right in.

Congrats @mercynursey

Jaq27 · 15/12/2023 19:10

Ooh new place, same old problems :D
thanks for the new waiting room@ibelieveinmirrorballs
tbh no worries for us with asking for bits of paper as we need to buy some time to get our next house in progress.

MovingToPlan · 15/12/2023 20:02

Thanks for the new thread! settles in

Wr have the survey booked for Monday, and an electrician going in next Friday. We are buying a probate property and want to have a clear idea of the issues we will need to sort once in.

We are in a good position as the main link in the chain, with FTB on our end and an empty property we are buying. Obviously nothing is certain until the keys are in hand, but I feel positive about our position.

We are aiming for a late spring completion date to accommodate various family members' courses. My dd is finishing college and my partner is finishing uni. Busy time, but needs must - younger dd needs to move to a new school before gcse years.

There's no reason for things to go tits up but we are nervous nonetheless!

Happy Christmas to everyone on the thread and hoping for a smooth selling/buying experience for us all.

sweetpickle23 · 15/12/2023 20:33

Thank you for sorting the new thread @ibelieveinmirrorballs!

I wish moving into a new house was as easy as moving into a new thread 😫

Ellswells3 · 15/12/2023 20:55

We exchanged today! Completion on Tuesday. Doesn’t feel real!

NextPrimeMinister · 15/12/2023 21:18

We are the same as @MovingToPlan but frustratingly offered with the impression probate had been applied for. 6 weeks later and still not in!

Just hoping our FTB stick around. 🙏

CrackerlessCracker · 15/12/2023 22:19

I only posted once on the old thread but joining so this one shows up in my “I’m on”.

Since being gazumped and losing our purchase we’ve been in a bit of a funk. Five wasted weeks. We did try and match but the price was pushed too high (15% over our initial offer that we’d been purchasing at).

Nothing is coming on the market which isn’t surprising given the time of year. Ours isn’t on the market, it was all photographed and ready but we’ve said hold off. We are lucky that we don’t need to sell this place to buy, but will sell it as soon as we’ve found somewhere, just not linking the two.

It’s so disheartening to be back at square one. Especially having really emotionally invested in the property we were purchasing. We made the mistake of mentally moving in. We’ve so outgrown our current place!

EmilyMay89 · 16/12/2023 08:43

@ibelieveinmirrorballs thanks for starting the new thread. Hopefully we'll all be done before the next one!

Purplepepsi · 16/12/2023 08:54

Hi everyone, we're still waiting! Our house sold in 2 days, our offer was accepted. They then decided they weren't moving into rented and wanted to buy, so we've been waiting for 8 weeks and counting for them to find somewhere. On the bright side interest rates are dropping! I'm hoping they'll find somewhere in January and we can get it l moving. We've not ecen started searches etc!

Hope everyone gets moving soon!

MercyNursey · 16/12/2023 13:51

Oh wow thank you all for the well wishes! I do feel like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backward! Then thrown off a cliff and run over by a steam train 😅

completion date Monday! So it’s all systems go all though I’m on a 12 hour shift today and tomorrow 😵 so I can’t do a lot so DP is sorting everything. I’m praying nothing goes wrong as the van is booked etc but just keeping the absolute faith and our new house is empty and first time buyer is buying ours so 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

AutumnNymph · 16/12/2023 14:13

Wow that's quick @MercyNursey , will keep all fingers and toes crossed for a happy Monday for you.

We are in a waiting mode chasing solicitors to see if they have received answers from the vendors and what is left to do before we can talk exchange. The house we are buying is just down the road and the vendor is a lovely.person who is also keen to speed things up, now if only our solicitors shared our desire for speed.

MercyNursey · 17/12/2023 06:48

Thanks @AutumnNymph. We were originally exchanging on 9th with completion set for 18th but as it kept getting pushed back it’s just edged closer and closer. I spoke to a colleague yesterday who exchanged and completed on the same day!!! My anxiety could NEVER. It’s only a FTB buying ours and we’re moving into an empty house with no chain so 🤞🏻 it all goes smoothly. Although I have woken up with terrible anxiety today, I’m having a ‘it’s too good to be true’ moment and having really irrational worries about what might go wrong 🙈 I’m leaving for work in 5 minutes so really need distract my mind!

ibelieveinmirrorballs · 17/12/2023 07:09

Good luck @MercyNursey - it’s all so traumatising isn’t it. I can’t get my head around exchange and complete on the same day! Surely not possible if it’s a case of moving out of the house you’re residing in - the stress!

OP posts:
AutumnNymph · 17/12/2023 08:26

I could never handle the stress and logistics of exchanging and moving on the same day.

I totally understand the stress @MercyNursey , I would be a ball of nerves. Though we won't be exchanging u till early Jan, I have started packing stuff up and doing a declutter do we don't carry everything. However husband is a true hoarder, so this will be fun.

Brotherlove · 17/12/2023 18:27

I'm completing tomorrow too.
So last night in this house - which was packed Friday, kids at other parent and animals in kennels.
Hoping that all goes ok and I get the keys in good time tomorrow 🫣

AutumnNymph · 17/12/2023 18:51

Good luck @Brotherlove ! Sounds like you have it all under control.

onthefence23 · 17/12/2023 18:57

Still tagging along after spending the ENTIRETY of 2023 in the waiting room.
I'll be in the corner laying down with an eye mask and a stiff gin GrinGin

NextPrimeMinister · 17/12/2023 21:29

@onthefence23 what has happened, that sounds horrific 😢

onthefence23 · 17/12/2023 21:47

@NextPrimeMinister

Nov 22 - put ours on thé market and accepted an offer

Dec 22 - found on we love and have an offer accepted early December

End of Jan 23 - our buyer is dithering and hasn't instructed solicitor or surveyor. We are gazumped by £20k. We raise our offer. We are gazumped again and lose house 1.

Feb 23 - view and love house 2. Re market ours, ditch flaky buyers and accept offer from Ftb who seems organised and keen.

March 23 - offer accepted on house 2

May 23 - week before exchange ftb pulls out. No solid reason but isn't sure there's enough buses running 😵‍💫

June 23 - find new buyer (in chain but couple with kids who are upsizing and love the house)

End of September 23 - nice family's buyers pull out. Our sellers (retired couple) are v cross but don't pull out as we suspect they wouldn't get as high an offer now.

Oct 23 - our buyers find new buyers and it's all back on we think. Hoping to exchange and complete Jan 2024

NextPrimeMinister · 17/12/2023 21:51

Fingers crossed. Well done on sticking with it!

ibelieveinmirrorballs · 17/12/2023 21:59

onthefence23 · 17/12/2023 21:47

@NextPrimeMinister

Nov 22 - put ours on thé market and accepted an offer

Dec 22 - found on we love and have an offer accepted early December

End of Jan 23 - our buyer is dithering and hasn't instructed solicitor or surveyor. We are gazumped by £20k. We raise our offer. We are gazumped again and lose house 1.

Feb 23 - view and love house 2. Re market ours, ditch flaky buyers and accept offer from Ftb who seems organised and keen.

March 23 - offer accepted on house 2

May 23 - week before exchange ftb pulls out. No solid reason but isn't sure there's enough buses running 😵‍💫

June 23 - find new buyer (in chain but couple with kids who are upsizing and love the house)

End of September 23 - nice family's buyers pull out. Our sellers (retired couple) are v cross but don't pull out as we suspect they wouldn't get as high an offer now.

Oct 23 - our buyers find new buyers and it's all back on we think. Hoping to exchange and complete Jan 2024

Bloody hell - you deserve to be first across the line in 2024!

OP posts:

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

MercyNursey · 18/12/2023 03:57

Wow @onthefence23 you’ve been through so much, I’ll keep everything crossed for you.

i’m wide awake 🙈 I’ve woken up thinking about everything that still needs to be done and I’m a ball of anxiety. DP is fast asleep but I think I’m going to get up soon although I’ll be good for nothing later at this rate

EmilyMay89 · 18/12/2023 05:07

@MercyNursey good luck today! May as well get up and do something productive! I'm sure adrenaline will keep you going later!

ibelieveinmirrorballs · 18/12/2023 05:46

@MercyNursey you poor thing! I can’t remember everything about previous house moves but I do remember that on the day itself I have always had that horrible adrenaline/knotted stomach feeling all day long. Lots of nice cups of tea for you today I say. Best of luck - you’re almost there. Keep that kettle to hand for when you arrive!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.