My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Due February 2024 Thread 7!!🤰🩷💙

986 replies

AllAboardTootToot · 28/01/2024 00:25

Cannot believe we are on the 7th iteration and the babies are starting to arrive 😭❤️

OP posts:
Ihatewinding · 28/01/2024 16:52

I think it's probably worth considering your risks with induction, so if >35 and FTM, increased BMI, LGA, early term, etc then you are at more increased risk of intervention. But not guaranteed.

I was put on the pitocin hormone drip due to meconium in my waters so technically augmented rather than induced, but was 40+1 and already 2cm so pretty ready, and managed on gas and air and didn't need any stitches or intervention. I was <30 and normal BMI then though! Sadly not the case on either account this time around but hopefully the fact I've done it before will be in my favour 🙏🏻

Depends how keen you are for a vaginal birth really and your individual risks, and if they are beyond what you can accept then defo push for a section. They cannot make you accept an induction, they just often don't make it clear that a section is an option.

I would accept induction for a clear medical reason and if cervix favourable, I recommend looking up Bishop's score - it predicts the likelihood of a successful induction.
https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/bishop-score

Bishop Score: What Is It and How Does It Affect Risk for Induction?

Your Bishop score can provide clues about how close you are to active labor and whether induction is the right choice for you.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/bishop-score

AllAboardTootToot · 28/01/2024 18:08

Have any of you picked your baby names? We are so indecisive still so think we are going to wait to see what she ‘looks’ like. Mainly because we can’t agree 🙈😂

OP posts:
anony1111 · 28/01/2024 18:19

@AllAboardTootToot I'm really struggling for names this time round, I just don't like any 🙈 baby boy is going to be born nameless! I already have a little boy called Max. I think boy names are harder to chose for some reason 😂

Hankthehonk · 28/01/2024 18:24

@AllAboardTootToot we've struggled for a boy name but we do have a favourite and a back up now!
I didnt have gender disappointment but we did have a second girls name 100% picked out and there was a wee bit of sadness that we will never use it. We aren't as certain about any boy names as we were about our daughter and that other girl name- which for some reason I feel guilty about

CharXo · 28/01/2024 19:09

@AllAboardTootToot we have! Had his blanket embroidered now so no going back 😂😂

Thewildthingsarewithme · 28/01/2024 19:18

We’ve got two boys names and about twenty girls with a couple of front runners 😂 definitely going to give it a few days this time though though, feel like we rushed to name our first!

msp2023 · 28/01/2024 19:22

Hi ladies!
I had some thick, globby discharge today with a tiny streak of blood.
Hoping this is a part of my bloody show / mucus plug. I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything and it could still take weeks but I'm trying to be optimistic and hope this is a sign things will start happening soon!

Anyone else experienced anything similar recently?

MrsW9 · 28/01/2024 19:52

@FrostedFlake I have an Omron one. That's the brand they had in the nurse's office at my GP surgery. I got it from the British Heart Foundation website. It wasn't particularly expensive. I took it into an appointment to double check against my midwife's one, just in case, but I understand that new ones are pretty reliable.

Cheetocat · 28/01/2024 19:54

AllAboardTootToot · 28/01/2024 18:08

Have any of you picked your baby names? We are so indecisive still so think we are going to wait to see what she ‘looks’ like. Mainly because we can’t agree 🙈😂

We had two names that we couldn't decide between but one of them had a more calm vibe to us so we picked that hoping for a relaxed little boy.

RachLeeds · 28/01/2024 20:33

We’re having a Charlie (Charles). It was the only name we agreed on and it just kind of stuck and everybody calls him it now! 😅

I think I’m going to use my mum’s maiden name for his middle name which is Marshall.

Is anybody watching Call the Midwife? I love Sunday nights now I’m on Mat leave❤

Shrillwaffle · 28/01/2024 21:32

Hi ladies 👋🏻 I’ve had a long rollercoaster 5 days but my baby girl Lena was born 27/01/2024 natural birth with forceps weighing 6lb6oz born 38+3 100 happy and healthy 🥰🥰🥰

Due February 2024 Thread 7!!🤰🩷💙
Mummapenguin20 · 28/01/2024 21:35

@Shrillwaffle congratulations x

AllAboardTootToot · 28/01/2024 21:39

Aww @Shrillwaffle look at her ❤️❤️

congratulations! Hope you are all doing ok!

OP posts:
AllAboardTootToot · 28/01/2024 21:40

@CharXo that’s ballsy 😂😂😂

Glad we are not only ones one name front! Names out of a hat at this rate, or midwife name tag roulette lol

OP posts:
redxlondon · 28/01/2024 21:44

Shrillwaffle · 28/01/2024 21:32

Hi ladies 👋🏻 I’ve had a long rollercoaster 5 days but my baby girl Lena was born 27/01/2024 natural birth with forceps weighing 6lb6oz born 38+3 100 happy and healthy 🥰🥰🥰

Congratulations!!

CharXo · 28/01/2024 21:46

Congratulations @Shrillwaffle !!! She’s beautiful

RachLeeds · 28/01/2024 21:47

Huge congratulations @Shrillwaffle! She’s absolutely beautiful 🤗

Gardenfingers23 · 28/01/2024 21:49

Congratulations @Shrillwaffle, hope you’re both doing well x

Cheetocat · 28/01/2024 21:56

Well done @Shrillwaffle, she is precious!

Kelb79 · 28/01/2024 22:01

@Shrillwaffle ohmygoodness congratulations!! She is gorgeous!!! ❤️❤️❤️

DmcinT · 28/01/2024 22:02

Oh @Shrillwaffle 🥰🥰 huge congrats she is just perfect 🎀🩷 hope u are both healing well xx

Callmemummynotmaaa · 28/01/2024 22:09

@Shrillwaffle huge congrats. Hope you’re both managing to get some rest and have lots of support. She’s gorgeous (and selfishly adding thank you for sharing, I love seeing the baby pics arrive as it makes me excited to meet my little one!!).

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Thewildthingsarewithme · 28/01/2024 22:11

Congratulations @Shrillwaffle she is beautiful 😍

amyg1985 · 28/01/2024 22:21

Congratulations @Shrillwaffle - 5 days! Hope you are now getting some rest and enjoying your first few days with beautiful Lena x

CheeseAndCrackersx · 28/01/2024 22:42

Random question but does everyone have their cervix checked at 38 weeks?

I have the consultant tomorrow and this week it's my normal midwife as she's away so I dunno if I'll actually have my 38 week check so just wondering if the consultant will tomorrow.

I know I sound really daft but I'd honestly love to know if i was dilated even 1cm to try explain these damn pains 🤣

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.