Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

TWW starting 31.07.22 - Company needed - Thread 2

101 replies

TheCakeIsALie18 · 14/12/2022 10:29

Hey everyone. Here is the second thread as we were getting close to the message limit.

Hope you're all doing well ❤️❤️

OP posts:
Please
or

pugsB · 14/12/2022 11:51

Jumping here. Thanks for creating a new thread @TheCakeIsALie18

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 14/12/2022 11:55

@pugsB no probs. Let's hope a few more of the girls join us xxx

OP posts:
Please
or

SLK1990 · 14/12/2022 12:26

Hi ladies!

I haven't posted in this thread (original one) in a long time, so lovely to see new positives and others progression 😊

I got my BFP in November and currently 10 weeks pregnant. We had a private scan at 7+4 and got to see the little blob and flicker of a heartbeat, I couldn't believe I was actually pregnant until seeing this 😂my first midwife appointment and scan isn't until week 13 so patiently waiting for this.

Did anyone else not feel too bad in the first trimester? Without jinxing myself, I haven't suffered too badly at all. Other than occasional nausea if I get hungry, I have sore ish boobs and I'm generally a lot more tired than usual but that's about it. I was almost wishing some more symptoms to make it feel a bit more real but I am counting myself lucky as I know people who have suffered terribly.

Fingers crossed for everyone else TTC!

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 14/12/2022 15:36

@SLK1990 Heyyyy! Congratulations on your BFP!

I'm 22 weeks tomorrow and only now feeling pregnant because baby is actually kicking haha.

I didn't suffer any of the nasty symptoms. Just super sore boobs *
(Which I still have) tiredness in the first 12 weeks, and nausea if I got too hungry. So count yourself lucky girlie haha

There will be a massive difference between what you saw on your first scan and the one in 3 weeks. You'll be amazed haha. Xxx

OP posts:
Please
or

eleveneleven11 · 14/12/2022 17:19

hello i'm here!

@SLK1990 ah amazing! huge congrats! glad everything is going well ❤️ i'm just slightly ahead of you at 11+1. i have been feeling pretty good - definitely expected to feel worse. a few minor symptoms and low energy but not the kind of low energy where i need to nap in the middle of the day. i've been feeling enough to feel pregnant but not enough to get in the way of life. we're some of the lucky ones i think!

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 14/12/2022 20:45

Hey @eleveneleven11 ❤️ we are definitely some of the lucky ones. I did have to take a nap at 3pm every weekday for the first 12-14 weeks though lol. Not too much of a problem as I work at home at the moment lol. I'm glad it's going well for you!! Xxx

OP posts:
Please
or

pugsB · 14/12/2022 23:38

@SLK1990 congrats on the pregnancy ❤️❤️🥳and what seems like a great experience with your first scan! welcome back to the thread!

Please
or

Hannargh · 15/12/2022 13:58

Hello lovely people - glad this is carrying on! Congratulations @SLK1990 ! That's great news!

I also didn't have many heavy symptoms in the first trimester (which it turns out makes me sound like a dick when I talk to other pregnant people). I had sore boobs too, and a very reduced appetite for a while (daytime food fine, evening food not a chance), which I just took as my body telling me what I needed. Meant I was quite worried that my symptoms weren't enough, but everything was fine at the 12 week scan, so we just have to trust that every body is different.

Please
or

WilllowStar · 15/12/2022 14:22

Hello all. Thanks for the new thread. On Day 2 AF and have my OPKs ready for cycle 3- hopefully this will be our lucky one! Xx

Please
or

Sparkle98 · 15/12/2022 20:12

Hello girls!

is it ok if I join? Could do with the company keeping me sane through this dreaded TTW hahah
I’m currently 6DPO :)

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 18/12/2022 15:24

Welcome to thread 2 @Hannargh and @Sparkle98 hope all is going well for you both. Glad your 12 week scan went well Hannah, how far along are you now?
We will try and keep you company Sparkle. Do you mind me asking how long you've been TTC? Xxx

OP posts:
Please
or

Hannargh · 18/12/2022 21:16

@TheCakeIsALie18 I'm coming up to 18 weeks now, next up is the 20 week scan in January, as well as a check up to see how my iron levels are going (apparently they are low, but not bad low, just could be better low, so time for some more tasty supplements).

Please
or

Sparkle98 · 18/12/2022 23:53

thankyou!

ive been trying for 3 months ,

this is the first I have used OPKS dtd leading up to and on the day of the strongest positive

I’m now 9dpo and had a nasty Evap on a clear blue yesterday I know it’s so so early but I’m just impatient.

ive got lots of ic’s but heard a lot of people say they aren’t sensitive

Please
or

eleveneleven11 · 19/12/2022 07:21

@Sparkle98 have you ever tried the first response early result tests? they're fab and picked up my pregnancy at 10 dpo. definitely worth getting some of those in if you're an early tester! x

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 19/12/2022 10:36

@Hannargh oh wow 18 weeks already?!?! I'll be 23 weeks on Thursday. Have you started feeling any movement yet? ❤️ ahhh yes, iron supps. I took them before pregnancy just as standard with all the other supps I take for my lifting so they were surprised at my 12 week scan when they did the blood test to see my levels much higher than most pregnant women haha.

@Sparkle98 I agree with @eleveneleven11 I used Early Response and got my BFP at 10dpo as well. I also used [email protected] and they picked up my BFP at 10dpo as well. The early response you can grab on amazon. A 2 pack for £7 I think. I've got my fingers crossed for you for the BFP this month. Sounds like you've got all your bases covered.

OP posts:
Please
or

Hannargh · 19/12/2022 11:13

@Sparkle98 I didn't actually use any of the first response tests, although they're supposed to be pretty accurate and sensitive - i had a big box of cheapies from ebay that claimed to be 10miu sensitivity, so not much less sensitive. I got faint lines (that I didn't believe) at 10, 11 and 12dpo on them, and then one I couldn't deny at 13dpo.
Fingers crossed for you this time!

Please
or

Hannargh · 19/12/2022 11:15

@TheCakeIsALie18 I've felt a few things that could be movements? But I'm not sure ... hoping for something a but more obvious when I'm more relaxed over the holiday. Haven't been told about having an anterior placenta or anything, but after hearing the heartbeat I'm just feeling a lot more relaxed that all is going as it should.
I've often had low iron, and have taken gentle supplements for a while, so low iron in pregnancy is no surprise!

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 19/12/2022 11:20

@Hannargh I had butterflies from 16 weeks after meals and at about 10.30 at night lol. The best way I can describe it is that horrible nervous feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you're about to do something you don't want to do or are nervous about doing lol. The proper kicks started for me at exactly 21 weeks. Now little Charlie is super active all day and all night 🤣🤣 xxx

OP posts:
Please
or

Hannargh · 19/12/2022 12:47

@TheCakeIsALie18 oh amazing. I'm trying not to get too worried about it, as I know it can take up to 24 weeks before you feel anything properly. But it would be lovely to feel something sooner. Is Charlie the name you've decided on? We have no clues on names or any preference about sex so are just excited to see what turns up!

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 19/12/2022 13:23

@Hannargh yeah, Charles Andrew will be his given name but Charlie for every day use ❤️ I had to find out sex because I was worried is be disappointed if we were to have a boy. But I'm not obviously. I still really want a girl but I'm still happy we are having a healthy boy ❤️ xxx

OP posts:
Please
or

eleveneleven11 · 22/12/2022 16:19

i had my 12 week scan today and it was such a lovely experience 🥰 everything was great with our baby, measuring exactly as expected at 12+2 with a confirmed due date of july 4th. enjoy these cute pics, the last one baby has its ankles crossed and proper chilling out!

how's everyone else doing? how's everything going with you @pugsB after your BFP? x

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 22/12/2022 21:01

@eleveneleven11 awww yay! I'm glad it went well for you. Little'n looks super comfy there ❤️

All good here thanks. It's our first anniversary today, so we are enjoying a 2 night break in the hotel we got married in. The room is beautiful xxx

OP posts:
Please
or

pugsB · 23/12/2022 17:59

@eleveneleven11 thats so lovely ❤️ What a zen baby haha!

I am doing good. I have been tracking my line progression and things seem fine so far. I am 5+0 or 2 depending on when i consider my ovulation. I don't have much in the way of nausea as of yet. Honestly i don't know what it even feels like. I had motion sickness while trying to read in the car the other day and am getting this weird pressure type feeling in my head similar to motion sickness when i am at home like you would get after spinning around fast but having stopped for maybe for 5 mins. Nothing too bad yet but if continues it could get uncomfortable. I am dying to talk to my mom about her experience but we decided to try to wait till after confirmation of a heartbeat. My dad is not keeping well and any stress/ anxiety is bad for him. It would break my heart to give him any bad news should it come to that. Lets see if we are able to to stick to this plan as there are other things going on which may force our hand..haha

@TheCakeIsALie18 wow! such a nice celebration! Happy anniversary! hope you had/ are having loads of fun and relaxing times!

How is everyone?

Please
or

pugsB · 23/12/2022 18:16

And Merry Christmas to all celebrating!

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 23/12/2022 21:42

@pugsB I'm glad you're doing well. Nausea doesn't start for a lot of people until about 8 weeks lol. So fingers crossed it doesn't hit you 🤞🏻🤞🏻 have you got an early scan booked in for viability?

Having a lovely time in the hotel thank you. Will be going home tomorrow ❤️ xxx

OP posts:
Please
or