Please
or
to access all these features

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Politics

The Westminster Arms

988 replies

DustyDiamond · 21/01/2020 15:07

As requested, I have contacted MNHQ via the contact provided in the deletion message

Welcome to The Westminster Arms!

🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

A non-partisan politics pub thread for political chit chat....!!

Please stick within MN talk guidelines - any posts which you think may have crossed the line, please report rather than getting into scraps on thread 😠

Political punch-ups are soooo last decade - ain't nobody got time for that πŸ₯ŠβŒ

Be nice! Be respectful!

S'ok to slag off politicians, but not other posters 🍻

OP posts:
XingMing · 21/01/2020 15:24

Good afternoon all.

XingMing · 21/01/2020 15:25

And thanks Dusty for finding new premises so quickly.

DustyDiamond · 21/01/2020 15:31

Hola Xing 🍷

Am in work still so can't hang around - have spent far too much time skiving today 😳😳

OP posts:
Thistimetomorrow · 21/01/2020 15:32

I’m glad to see the Arms open for business again. I would have missed you all if we hadn’t got the new license.
Thanks to MNHQ for allowing the reopening and to Dusty for hosting.
Let’s get back to business of putting the world to rights Smile

Walkingdeadfangirl · 21/01/2020 15:32

Will be along later when I am finished work.
Just saying hi.

Walkingdeadfangirl · 21/01/2020 15:33

Oh and Jess Philips has pulled out of the labour leadership.

EpicIndividual · 21/01/2020 15:35

Hey guys, nice to see you all here, I emailed MN nearly 2 hrs ago, to ask permission to start a new thread with some assistance on rules and guidelines going forward from them, but no response. Here’s hoping that what you have done, by following the rules of the deletion statement is good enough to satisfy their request dusty. 😊

I’ll not get too settled in case the rug gets pulled, but I really hope it won’t. 🍷

SingingLily · 21/01/2020 15:36

Signing in with thanks to Dusty and MNHQ.

It will be a relief to be able to chat about the world of politics in general again.

Coppersnakes · 21/01/2020 15:41

Signing in, thanks Dusty?
Perhaps someone could pm me with the reason it was deleted!

EpicIndividual · 21/01/2020 15:44

Jess Phillips?

Has she given a reason?

DustyDiamond · 21/01/2020 15:44

Not wanting to get into thread about a thread territory, but briefly:

Bunfight, pulled, please let us know if you're starting a new thread

Et voila!

Best not to discuss old thread any further though, as against talk guidelines.....

OP posts:
Coppersulphate · 21/01/2020 15:44

Walking, re Jess P...did she fail to get the support of the unions?
I noticed that she had pulled out of the GMB meeting?

I am surprised really because I thought the first one to pull out would be Lady Nugee

DustyDiamond · 21/01/2020 15:45

Hi to all btw ❀️❀️❀️❀️

OP posts:
Thistimetomorrow · 21/01/2020 15:52

Re the Jess Phillips withdrawal. Isn’t it nearly a fore gone conclusion that it will come down to KS and RLB?

Bearbehind · 21/01/2020 15:52

Hello all

I have started a thread in the Brexit section for anyone who’d like to discuss how we can measure the success of Brexit

It would be good to hear from some of you over there

🍻

DustyDiamond · 21/01/2020 15:55

Hi bear 🍷

Will probs swerve the Brexit board now tbh - no bad feelings, just think it's less stressful to do that...!

OP posts:
EpicIndividual · 21/01/2020 15:55

Yeah, I guess time, fair point really. She was never going to get the support she needed was she? Too divisive within the party.

SingingLily · 21/01/2020 16:01

It was on the cards yesterday that Jess Phillips would withdraw so I'm not at all surprised. Apart from anything else, she played the identity politics game: upset men by playing the female card and then upset GC women by playing the TWAW card. If you set that against other stuff in the news - the Sussexes, Laurence Fox - it's clear that the very subject of identity politics is beginning to expose some very raw nerves.

I do actually think that's going to be a wider issue for the Labour Party and so it will be interesting to see how Keir Starmer and Lisa Nandy position themselves on this and similar issues over the next few days.

From what I've read, Lisa Nandy's strategy is predicated on being everyone's second choice because AV etc. She's not out of the game yet so we'll see.

EpicIndividual · 21/01/2020 16:01

Hopefully Lily will feel strong enough to start making our breakfasts again soon. Sending love Lily. Flowers

Coppersulphate · 21/01/2020 16:01

Yes, I think Rebecca Wrong Daily and sir Kier will make it through and I hope RWD wins.
I don't think she will be much good but I think Sir Kier will alienate everybody other than the metropolitan Londoners.
Think he will be better at the dispatch box but most people aren't interested in PMQs.
Neither will make a decent opposition leader,

Thistimetomorrow · 21/01/2020 16:01

Put it like this Epic with some of the comments she made I wouldn’t want to meet her down an alley way on a dark night Shock

SingingLily · 21/01/2020 16:02

Ooh, cross posted with Epic!

If our esteemed LL would like me to provide breakfast, happy to. I'm knocking the dinner menu on the head though...

EpicIndividual · 21/01/2020 16:04

Haha, me either time! Jess is a feisty one! If she wasn’t such a colossal prat in so many other aspects I would find it quite endearing!

EpicIndividual · 21/01/2020 16:06

I don’t think dusty will mind Lily, she has freely admitted she is shit with bar food. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

SingingLily · 21/01/2020 16:07

Just in...GMB backing Lisa Nandy.

Ooh, if it's down to RLB and Lisa Nandy, then it would be a Manchester United fan versus a Manchester City fan.

Now that would be brutal!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.