My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Single Parent forum to speak to other parents raising a child alone.

Lone parents

where have all the fit,interesting and available men gone PT19

1001 replies

aseriouslyblondemoment · 24/03/2010 11:35

blimey do we really talk that much?!
pc

OP posts:
aseriouslyblondemoment · 25/03/2010 12:57

nice!

OP posts:
sincitylover · 25/03/2010 12:57

ew at fox shit and ew at school mums.NInah

Quick update from me - phone has been delivered to wrong address so they are going to retrieve it (yeah right) and redeliver Monday.

Took ds2 to gp today about his weight (really prompted by exh using it a stick to beat me with!!) - he is being referred to paed dietician. Aparently the idea is that he will grow into his current weight. Good news is that gp thinks he will be tall. My main idea is to keep ds2 active and try to make him question if he is really hungry or is just eating for boredom/to feel better (cos I think it's rooted in emotional issues). Clearly I also have a part to play in restricting of snacks etc but I am so wary of it becoming an issue

Betty - trucker sounds strong silent type

Sorry to anyone I have missed

ninah · 25/03/2010 12:59

I had a puppy on trial or return it lasted less than a week
but to be fair my dc were very young and also dd was frightened of it
and it nipped ds's willy
you need a potty trained one asbm

lou33 · 25/03/2010 13:07

she has hardly any accidents in the house now, but it has a bit hectic at the beginning, 26 wees in one weekend we cleaned up

she loves her walks, but gets overtired like a child and starts trying to run round the house like she is doing the wall of death

i would highly recommend getting a puppy crate for it, whatever breed you get, for it to sleep in at night and to be put in when you go out, or it's going a bit bonkers. Wouldnt be without our one though they are not cheap (about 60 quid for a springer sized one)

then dont forget the cost of buying the puppy initially, plus vaccinations, worming, de fleaing, house training, food,collar and lead, bowls, bedding, toys to stop it chewing the house

it IS hard work but she is also really enjoyable, especially now she can go out

springers are one of the smarter breeds, so they learn quickly, though they are exciteably bonkers too

she knows her name, knows to sit when i put her on the lead or the collar, knows what to do when i have puppy treats in my pocket, and is walking off lead really well considering

she also doesnt roam too far and comes back when asked (eventually)
though she isnt keen on dogs bigger than her atm, but she is getting used to them

she is a great car traveller too

they are the good points

aseriouslyblondemoment · 25/03/2010 13:07

lol @ ninah
jeeze that must have really frightened ds
scl grr @ exh and his ideas,mine is similar tbh, does he insist on ds having to go thru all this?
i feel that kids have enough of a hard time as it is without a stressed out parent with misguided views heaping more upon them
my exh regularly weighs and measures mine and is concerned that dd is bordering on thin

OP posts:
sincitylover · 25/03/2010 14:05

what is it with all this weighing and measuring eh.

it doesn't help that exh's p is fanatical and I mean fanatical about 'healthy eating'

FWIW my ds1 is prob too thin. He looks like a fawn. But my exh never complains about that for him thin = good.

He and exh are very similar and ds2 is more like me. And although I hate to admit it ds1 is showing the EA traits of his dad. I really don't know how to handle that one.

aseriouslyblondemoment · 25/03/2010 14:24

ugghh exh stresses about everything like that it really p's me off
and as a child he seemed to have every poss.op going, so he's always looking for the worst case scenario
dd is v tall and thin just the same way that i was as a child but she has a huge appetite my mum actually pointed this out to him explaining genetics etc
but ohh no he always knows best
he also fails to understand that just because he has private medical in place it doesn't entitle you to instantaneous treatment/ops
strangely enough ds1 was also becoming v arsey and i worried about him also becoming EA but i was v strict with him and had many rows with him about it,i think it's largely because they see themselves as the 'man of the house' and obv.the 'man of the house'they model themselves upon is their dad
thankfully he's grown out of this now as my friends and also dp made it plain that i wasn't to be spoken to or treated like that
d

OP posts:
sincitylover · 25/03/2010 14:48

how old is your ds1 asbm?

SingleMum01 · 25/03/2010 16:32

afternoon all, looking forward to date tonight, got sexy top and tight jeans ready! he's not gonna know whats hit him! lol! Absolutely shattered though, been rushing round all day.

lou33 · 25/03/2010 16:51

hope you have fun

i have a date with making a chicken curry for 7 whilst keeping my puppy from harassing bf's dog too much, and bedtime at 10

Remotew · 25/03/2010 17:01

lol at Lou, if we don't hear from her for a while try the Pet section.

What's an EA Betty.

Cake, like your attitude.

Everyone seems to be doing well.

Ninah, so all these mothers you invited can afford private schools? if it's anything like around here they are common as muck but married well.

lou33 · 25/03/2010 18:48

i am too tired to post anywhere but here, i have no energy for searching, so all my moans are going to be posted on this thread

kids are eating dinner, including the extra one i have tonight

as bf is coming down in a bit as well i am going to wait and eat with him, though its already made

i have separated the pooches and installed a new mouse which is super duper whizzy , plus finally got out of my farmers wife outfit into something that feels more me

LouIsOnAHighwayToHell · 25/03/2010 19:58

Oh Lou can I join in the moaning..actually if I did that it would take up the entire thread.
Evening everyone!
Puppies and dates everywhere. I hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend.

aseriouslyblondemoment · 25/03/2010 21:22

scl he's almost 11 but he's got an old head on young shoulders
i imagine that your ds1 is the same in that respect,tbh i think that they've prob.become how they are as they feel that they need to protect us
maybe lou's ds1 is the same?
hoping sm01's drinks date goes well

OP posts:
Betty79 · 25/03/2010 22:09

eve-EA means estateagent

Im so tired I really need to go to bed, cant keep up with the thread properly.

had a nice phonecall from estateagent tonight, talked for about half hour, no akward silences so am looking foward to meeting him tommorow.

scl-def think trucker is the strong silent type

have also been chatting to another bloke off of smooch who will call mailman, he wants to meet too! lol im gonna trip myself up at some point!!

aseriouslyblondemoment · 25/03/2010 22:38

lol yet again @ betty the woman with all the options

OP posts:
Monty100 · 25/03/2010 22:46

Hi ASBM

Prob too late now, but 'let's have a perve' at mailman Betty' lol.

ninah · 25/03/2010 23:11

omg betty you must have got my share

ninah · 25/03/2010 23:13

but what does EA mean when asbm and scl use it? am getting confused
your ds's are becoming estate agents
I can see that is worrying, but you obv mean something else

Monty100 · 25/03/2010 23:13

Lol Ninah - I think we're the last up again!

ninah · 25/03/2010 23:14

emotionally abusive, sorry - duh

ninah · 25/03/2010 23:14

yes and my art student paid me in wine tonight lol

Monty100 · 25/03/2010 23:16

Oh, I didn't know that either.

Have you had any better company this evening Ninah?

I've been a real slob tonight. Cooked dinner, dp was here, he cleared up and I've been sitting on my backside since. I did fill in Ds' options form with him. That was a drain in itself mind.

ninah · 25/03/2010 23:18

yes i had my lovely 14 y old for an art 'lesson'
x posted
I am v prone to arse sitting normally esp now I have discovered ebay as well as mnet
the options thing sounds a nightmare
is he sorted?
and how did he react about the other night when he stayed out - are things sorted?

SingleMum01 · 25/03/2010 23:20

Anyone still around for advice?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.