My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Single Parent forum to speak to other parents raising a child alone.

Lone parents

where have all the fit,interesting and available men gone PT19

1001 replies

aseriouslyblondemoment · 24/03/2010 11:35

blimey do we really talk that much?!
pc

OP posts:
ninah · 25/03/2010 23:53

to be blunt sometimes I wish I had never done it at all monty
esp when I compare myself to all the 'career mums' around here
I am hoping I'll come into my own when they are older (adult lol)
there is no way I could have had dc sooner. For me it was an impetuous body clock thing that had nothing to do with reason (hence exdp)

ninah · 25/03/2010 23:54

def let him cook
all men have a 'signature dish' don't they
even it it's Mrs Patak's Madras

SingleMum01 · 25/03/2010 23:55

PS - Ninah, I can't help it, I'm a born worrier.

ninah · 26/03/2010 00:00

Ah, well I'm off now ladies
Last day of school tomorrow here, yay! soooo glad
two weeks of getting up late, wearing jeans, speaking your mind, and not a legful of todler faeces in sight! would say it calls for a drink but I think I've kind of done that
night x

SingleMum01 · 26/03/2010 00:02

Night Ninah, thanks for your words of wisdon x

Monty100 · 26/03/2010 00:02

SM - if your mum is flexible (?) get him to cook for you at his maybe? And then he'll be more chilled. (Bring wine lol). He lives a bit away yes? Have an overnight bag in the car. lolol. No really, take your time, see what he pulls out of the bag. He's keen, let him be keen fgs. Hope I'm not sounding brash here, but this is two-sided. Think what a catch he's had. (Listen up PC)

Ninah - I'd rather have my dcs than a career tbh, but there are times, (I have a fairly good job, but I wouldn't call it a career) and I'm sure most people have them, that you wonder why you did it. DS has raised many questions in my mind that I never thought possible. DD is a dream. (She's nearly 17).

I'm not reading my posts before I post them so forgive any clumsiness please. I went out to check what the lovely wine was and its a 2008 reserve s australian chard so I topped myself up again.

Monty100 · 26/03/2010 00:05

And now I'm talking to myself. Still, at least I won't get answered back. (Hopefully) lol

NN ladies.

Sweet dreams SM, I think your night has been a success.

SingleMum01 · 26/03/2010 00:06

Thanks Monty for your wise words too x

Monty100 · 26/03/2010 00:09

SM - I'm glad you see it. NN, you had a nice date, he didn't try and jump you, but only cos your mum was around. That's good. xx

Ninah - I'm hoping to find myself when I'm become adult.

Monty100 · 26/03/2010 00:11

I've

Betty79 · 26/03/2010 08:39

sm-I agree with the others its prob a good thing he's not rushing, like others have said could you not arrange to meet near his next time and warn your mum you might be late or back next morning would she stay over if you asked her too? When my mum babysits the dc's go to stay at hers so I dont have to worry about what time i get in! but i only ask her once every few weeks.

morning everyone, off to work for me....

SingleMum01 · 26/03/2010 09:19

Betty - DS has stayed a couple of times overnight with my mum but she's not that keen to have him overnight

I quite like it that he's not rushing as he's obviously not just out for the shag! I guess I should just enjoy that.

Maybe next time (if there is one, I'm still just thinking of a week at a time!) I'll suggest going over his way.

piratecat · 26/03/2010 09:37

sm, hiya, glad your date went well. Don't think yuo have stuffed up at all, it was prob a good thing the date ended when it did.

i know it's more complicated, the dating whing when you have a sitter indoors!! Yrs back it was just up to us if the guy came b ack with us or not wasn't it.

Waiting to hear from mine again, no word since yest avvvy. We spoke on phone wednesday, and he said he would let me know about meeting up sat night. DD is meant to be going on a very rare sleepover, which he understood i had to confirm. I just said to let me know, if he's free. But tbh, I am getting the wary feeling, as contact this week has been so little compared to last week.

SingleMum01 · 26/03/2010 09:40

Hi pc - how many dates have you had with him?

piratecat · 26/03/2010 09:50

we went on first date 2 sats ago, then again on the following monday. We live a distance aprt, whereby we can't just pop in.

He has had very busy week, but, i've just got that feeling iyswim!!

I want to text and say morning, but don't want to push it. he normally texts first thing. The texts have gone from flirty and fun to , well not flirty and fun!!!

SingleMum01 · 26/03/2010 09:54

pc - this dating thing is hard isn't it! How much do you like him? If so I would say sent a lightish text later saying you're sorted for Sat and see what he says. Maybe he is just busy.

piratecat · 26/03/2010 09:58

it IS hard, I just find myself laughing at how i did i get to 41, and been in loads of loving relationships, had a marriage, a kid, but now can't seem to get my head straight!

I like him alot. Am feeling like a muppet for not knowing wether i should just text or not. I KNOW he is busy, but hey ate xt takes such little time, esp when it's bee prolific.

maybe that is my answer tho.

piratecat · 26/03/2010 09:59

'writing a text takes such little time'

(wtf typing was that!)

SingleMum01 · 26/03/2010 10:18

I think you should go with your instincts. My nm and me had a bit of a hiccup as I was unsure whether to text or not - he then thought I wasn't interested. So now if I feel like texting I will!

piratecat · 26/03/2010 10:22

yes, i think i should, kinda, but have been very aware that some of my instincts might be a tad irrational due to me being, erm anxious.

ok, have texted, and said to let me know about the weekend when he can.

Weight off!

SingleMum01 · 26/03/2010 10:38

well done pc! I know exactly what you mean. have been so used to 'playing games' in the past, hard not too!

piratecat · 26/03/2010 10:41

Well, we will see. if i've heard nowt, then i know. let's just be grown ups eh!

lou33 · 26/03/2010 10:43

my ds is like what? what did i miss?

i was in bed by 10 again lol

did play a family trivia game with the kids tho, so by the time that finished i needed a sleep!

mechanic is getting me a new telly either today or tomorrow evening, the colour on mine has gone, and he has got me an unused second hand dishwasher from his sister, as mine has been broken for about a year, so will get that next week

he is great isnt he

SingleMum01 · 26/03/2010 10:44

yep! Going to ring csa now to get them to sort XH out

SingleMum01 · 26/03/2010 10:51

Hi Lou,

pc on a date Sat - just text bloke
I had date last night - invited bloke in for coffee but he refused (my mum saw sitting though!)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.