My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Single Parent forum to speak to other parents raising a child alone.

Lone parents

where have all the fit,interesting and available men gone PT19

1001 replies

aseriouslyblondemoment · 24/03/2010 11:35

blimey do we really talk that much?!
pc

OP posts:
aseriouslyblondemoment · 16/04/2010 23:46

well thankyou mont
{bowing emoticon}
have seen part of the vids but not all
(let down by internet despite having same phone...grrr)
looks like the vino flowed..and hey why not?!
shame us others couldn't have joined you lovely lot

OP posts:
Monty100 · 17/04/2010 00:58

I'm up for doing a national 'our thread' one in London with sleepovers and I'm sure others would too. You would just need your train fares. Plenty of food and booze at my house anyway lol. Londoners live a fair distance apart but something could be arranged I'm sure. If you fancy coming down 'ere that is. Londoners could always do with a weekend out either. Bags not organising it though.

DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 17/04/2010 01:49

going to read back is anyone still up??

i have a crisis.. i think it's brought on by my smoking cessation.

so... is it wrong i got REALLY REALLY pissed off at motorola ordering my dinner (we had pre-discussed but what if i changed my mind).. my whole frigging dinner???

i never said anything. but i wasn't even given a chance. he just steamed ahead.

i'm thinking this may be reason 10347 of the stupid reasons to dump someone... he ordered my dinner for me in a restaurant.

Monty100 · 17/04/2010 02:03

No way. What a freak. I'm being serious here.

What? Did he think you couldn't order for yourself or what?

I'm thinking 10347?

No 000011 - 300000

Do not order your company's food.

EVER!!

You do know what this means don't WE.

DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 17/04/2010 02:06

oooh i cant wait to hear if eve met althletic last night ... to store his goodies in her trunk

going to bed.

oh... i have another problem with motorola i need an opinion on.... him and his ex used to do this kind of baby talk thing.. it started becuase she liked it.. and they thought it was all lovey dover... well... i'm his first relationship since his ex-wife... and i find this insulting and degrading. a bit like he's talking to me. i mentionned it on first date... and he apologised profusely and explained it becuase he was so used to it.

he did it again tonight... and me... with stopping smoking cracked... told him outright it was not something i found acceptable.

was i being too harsh???... he really is lovely... but this is something i really cant handle?

does any one have any experience of someone who did this and managed to get out of the habit?

he says he never did this at all before his ex-wife.

bugger... think i need to start smoking again to be more laid back ?????

DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 17/04/2010 02:09

i spoke to my bro when i came home as he's baby sitting... he says some guys think of it as a chivelary thing... he says since he asked and all... maybe he just needs told that i dont like it. and i want to order my own grub.

but..... it really doesn't sit easy with me he did that... not sure why.... i think it was more becuase he never even double checked i hadn't changed my mind.... he just went ahead and ordered it assuming i wanted same thing.

SingleMum01 · 17/04/2010 07:37

Morning ladies, how are the heads!!

Eve - how north is north for a meet up?? I'm in the midlands, does that count
Storage - you go girl!

ASBM - I was on POF, his profile isn't there anymore, doesn't mean he isn't RL dating though. I wouldn't feel right though if I was so I guess I'm exclusive dating, just need to see if he is!

Betty/Eve - what is meh?

Juice - ordering for you. I think I would have said something and changed my mind just to be make a point!!

DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 17/04/2010 08:37

sm- yeah..i wont be issuing his p45 yet. will give another bash at dinner and make a point of ordering myself.

i woke up feeling i was a bit harsh last night. as it put me in an awful mood combined with the non smoking all night after that... so i was a bit of a mardy cow.. and motorola has stopped smoking too... so he was a little out of sorts.

aseriouslyblondemoment · 17/04/2010 13:00

juicy was just signing out when i saw you popping onto msn,had been chatting to monty
i'd be a bit cross if someone ordered for me like that too its as tho you're a child,and baby-ish talk?
what's he been saying?

OP posts:
DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 17/04/2010 13:34

the baby talk is along lines of if i trip up(happens alot).. if i say tired. he occasionally say "aww are you tired".. but in that kinda baby talk some people use to speak to babies.

i mentionned it first time he did it on first date. i was blunt said

"i'm not 4, and i dont even speak down to my kids like that. it's condescending".

and he's been doing really well to correct himself when he does it by accident. i've heard a couple of time him starting with the "awww".. then i give him a and he corrects himself

but... last night he did it again. something along lines of "aww diddums"

and in my crabbit nicotines deprived self i did enter a rant and made it clear i was getting very pissed off with him continually doing it.

perhaps a bit harsh? afterwards i felt a bit like i had kicked a puppy

he brought it up again today and said he would really like me to bear with him till he manages to stop doing it. as he doesn't like doing it. can see why it pisses me off.

my bro has given me a talking to about the dinner ordering.

we did discuss what we were having. and we were sharing a starter and side courses so it wasn't real out of order he never confirmed i hadn't changed my mind.... ALTHOUGH... my bro admits no matter what... he would never order anyone elses food. so can see why i got pissed off. but thinks it a bit of a stupid reason to dump someone. as not a problem you cant solve is it.

Betty79 · 17/04/2010 13:36

Juice-so does he not know that us women can change our minds very quickly, esp about a bloke lol! I dont think i would have liked someone ordering like that either even if he had asked you earlier. As for the babytalk?? what kind of babytalk? how old is he?

Eve-Has althelic been round? good excuse to have to keep pooping round if her has some stuff stored at your house

As for the nothern meet up, I'd be up for it!

Gorgeous sunshine today and I'm cleaning but it needs to be done cos I've let things slip where I've felt rubbish all week and I cant stand it any more!

Betty79 · 17/04/2010 13:38

you just posted as i was typing juice

aseriouslyblondemoment · 17/04/2010 13:47

ohh juice...do wish i could be a fly on a wall sometimes rofl
bless him he does sound a bit overly eager to please..poss a sign that his exw was a bit of a tyrant
at least he doesn't suck his thumb eh?!

OP posts:
DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 17/04/2010 14:49

hes only 23. was with exwife since he was 18. so only big relationship he had. she liked the baby talk aparently

Remotew · 17/04/2010 15:11

Juice, give it more time and if he continues to annoy you then you know what to do. Don't do anything hasty. I always think we overlook annoying habits in the beginning then start noticing them around the 2 month mark. That's why I've bailed out of quite a few romances after 2 months. You are noticing these things earlier which could be a bad sign.

SM01 'meh' means not bothered, it's a new one for me. I'm very north,in Cumbria in a pictureque part, perhaps you can work it out.

Monty, I went to bed early last night. Felt rough this morning so glad I didn't open the second bottle.

Not sure what is happening with Athletic, will find out tonight. He is NOT going to be staying here longer than one night. Cleared it with DD. Hopefully he can find someone to put him up until he sorts himself out.

aseriouslyblondemoment · 17/04/2010 15:37

best make the most of it then eve

OP posts:
DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 17/04/2010 17:15

oh eve i thought you were just storing his stuff... not his asse too in one of your beds ... of course he wont be sneaking into the cougars den through the night will he??

i am going to give it more time. my friend asked me to email a list of plus points. and it waaaaaaaay outnumbered the negatives(2). and she pointed out he has all the major plus points that are very difficult to find. so def worth seeing if he can stop the habits that i cant bear.

Betty79 · 17/04/2010 18:04

Ooh Eve, storing his asse as well eh!

Juice-I would give him another chance, he has said he recognises these things are pissing you off and he needs to stop doing them, it's good that he has lots of good points too!

Arghhh I'm off babysitting for my friend tonight, taking kids and stopping at hers so at least the kids can mess her house up instead of mine

kdk · 17/04/2010 18:10

hi everyone - what a lovely day it's been - or at least has been darn lunnun anyway!

Off to cinema tonight with single mum friend - and had first phone chat with bluebeard today - he had to go because his daughter came home from playdate - wonder if he'll contact me again or whether I frightened him off!

aseriouslyblondemoment · 17/04/2010 18:17

juice do you have one on stand-by just in case?
betty sounds fun NOT!!esp after your day of domestic drudgery,think i must have washed and ironed every single item of sodding clothing we own today
kdk did he sound nice?

OP posts:
Betty79 · 17/04/2010 18:25

asbm-I know but she had the girls a few months back for the night so It's my turn, saves me going out spending money I dont have anyway, and at least then it's her turn again next think I've almost washed everything in the house today too, but havent got round to putting it all away yet!

kdk-why do you think you scared him off?! I'm sure he will be back for more! Have a good time tonight, what are you going to watch?

kdk · 17/04/2010 18:29

@ asbm - sounded okay - not like I expected tbh ie not as smarmy as I feared he might ...

@ betty - just that I can be a bit of a pisstaker and it doesn't always go down too well ...

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

thesouthsbelle · 17/04/2010 19:21

hi all, back from the wedding - oh the joy and dramas. Haven't heard from farmer since thurs lunch time when we spoke - he actually took my call during the day! bit in general with him, another says the words but not the actions.

anyhow off to read what's happened over the last 3 days - and also to try & get these bloody nails off - how does one do that?!?

Remotew · 17/04/2010 19:26

False nails are awful to get off. Hope someone has some good suggestions.

What film KDK? I bribed DD to go out and am paying for the cinema, she is going to see Kickass, although I told her to see Cemetery Junction.

Think my bribery might have been in vain as Athletic has been delayed on a journey. Will see if he turns up later, sounded rowdy on the bus when I spoke to him. If not then I will just have a nice quiet night in.

aseriouslyblondemoment · 17/04/2010 19:28

betty ugghh i've got the joys of putting it all away to come to not to mention name tape sewing in
nice tho that you have an arrangement like that with a friend
kdk lol i'm v put off by certain accents too
belle has he got his LO with him this w/e?might well be out doing kids stuff
and the nails?did you get them done or are they diy?the pro jobs take an age to soak off but diy jobbies should be easier

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.