My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Single Parent forum to speak to other parents raising a child alone.

Lone parents

where have all the fit,interesting and available men gone PT19

1001 replies

aseriouslyblondemoment · 24/03/2010 11:35

blimey do we really talk that much?!
pc

OP posts:
DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 14/04/2010 23:30

monty - go home to his wife and and some more..... you must go round to get us the gossip. rofl

i didn't trip over .was uber pleased she had a normal house and not a showhome variety ... guys who grow up in houses like that dont have obsessive ocd qualities i prefer.

do you ever notice ladies??.. if a man comes from a showhome variety of parental home... they are really friggin pernickety about cleanliness about home.. and expect you to be as tidy as the enviroment they grew up in.

yet the ones that are clean but a bit untidy(much like my house with toddlers) are ideal. they dont get anal about there being a newspaper lying about.

when i used to visit irish.. he used to hang my jacket up and put my shoes tidy so not to make a mess... i used to respons "whats point in that. when i leave i will take it with me. and if you put it out of sight i will forget it and leave it here by accident"

but then..... some houses give me the bowk... and i'm afraid to say... i cant continue dating someone who lives in somewhere untidy.... and unclean...

Monty100 · 14/04/2010 23:39

Juice - he's working away from home on a 6 month contract and will go home every weekend lol.

I like clean and tidy (and tall) men.

DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 15/04/2010 08:12

monty - after living with dc dad whereby he was a bit anal about tidying i wouldn't go there again.

at first it was novel he would clean insist on everything being in its place in his own house. wasn't until we lived together did it really start to bug me ... you feel you cant sit on your arse and enjoy a cuppa until the place is completely spotless.

as long as they are clean, do things like clean shaving mess and bog marks , clean dishes. they dont need to be too tidy.

Monty100 · 15/04/2010 10:13

Juice - no I wouldn't do anal lololol .

No seriously, I can see where you're coming from there. Wouldn't want to be nagged.

DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 15/04/2010 10:53

nagging - thats it precisely. lol.

SingleMum01 · 15/04/2010 11:08

Morning all, DS back at school - yippee, shopping done, bit of holiday shopping done, feet up. Is it lunchtime yet - I'm starving.

Juice - my XH used to nag me all the time about being messy, strange how since he left the house is tidy(ish)! Why is motorola called motorola?? Is he the one who asked to be your bf?

Monty - I know, one day I'll cook Glad you're okay.

KDK - 0.5" is okay, do you wear heels? A mate of mine was seeing a bloke who was 5" smaller than her - she found that hard to get over, lol!

ASBM - its his birthday tomorrow, hence the lunch date. Not sure what we're doing Sunday evening, apart from we're going out. Won't be a late one/drinking one though 'cos got work the next day and I've got my appraisal with my boss!!!

Remotew · 15/04/2010 12:20

Juice, hey meeting the parents, isn't that meant to be a sign. I've met a few ex's parents but didn't think about what it meant. They were quite serious about me at the time.

Wish it was Friday, it feels like it.

lou33 · 15/04/2010 13:46

juice, mechanic was quite pleasantly surprised at my response

i agree with you about the tidying thing btw

meeting the family is a good thing, shows he is taking things seriously

i have met his mum, a sister and some nieces so far, as well as the ex wife and a couple of mates

aseriouslyblondemoment · 15/04/2010 13:59

wow juicy meeting the parents

OP posts:
SingleMum01 · 15/04/2010 14:02

Lou - how long have you been together?

DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 15/04/2010 14:04

sm - what you getting him for his birthday?

5 inch taller than your bloke i couldn't do that! .. ned to be at least same height.

motorola - i wasn't paying attention to where he says he worked. i thought he was saying he worked for motorola. turned out he worked for a completely different company .. same industrial estate though , totally different job too than i was imagining, i had to confess i had paid no attention when i realised i was getting very confused when he was talking about work. i bluffed by saying i had too distracted by his eyes to pay attention to what he was saying when he told me.

eve - it also feels like a friday here. expect then i see the kids. and remember i pawn them off take them to praivate nursery for a break on friday.

cant wait till monday till schools return.

lou33 · 15/04/2010 14:15

smo1 4 months lol

he asked me to be his gf from the second date, said he knew i was the one for him within 5 mins of meeting me

it has all moved along very quickly but i took a chance and it worked out, and i dont think i have had a better bf ever

i am usually one to keep my guard up you see

DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 15/04/2010 14:37

asbm - if i recall correctly you met the whole extended family and all at a family wedding vry quickly after meeting dp?

aseriouslyblondemoment · 15/04/2010 14:55

yes i did!
the whole thing completely freaked me out if you remember
app his friends wanted to vet me to see if i was suitable to go out with him as he'd always picked bad uns lol
i was more worried about that then meeting his folks tbh

OP posts:
lou33 · 15/04/2010 16:43

bf was talking about taking ds2 out for a drink on his 18th, the other day

ds is 9

aseriouslyblondemoment · 15/04/2010 17:04

rofl
tbh lou can see them being drinking buds

OP posts:
SingleMum01 · 15/04/2010 17:18

Lou - aw, how lovely

ASBM - I know what you mean about being vetted by friends being scary - I chickened out of that one as I'd only seen him twice before he suggested my mates and his mates meet up!

Juice - I'm going to pay for lunch tomorrow. Didn't know what to do, didn't want to make too big a thing of it as its still early days but wanted to do something. Do you reckon that's okay? Lol at motorola story, like how you got out of it though!

DONTtouchMUMSspecialJUICE · 15/04/2010 17:25

sm - yes... you pay for lunch as it's his birthday. also get a funny not too serious card.

but make sure when the bill comes you emphasise your paying as its his birthday.. so it doesn't go by unnoticced

SingleMum01 · 15/04/2010 18:10

Juice - wasn't going to get a card, now I'm panicking!!!! He didn't get me one, my b'day was 3 weeks ago, so I thought I'd be okay not to get him one this time. I will definitely emphasis me paying!

kdk · 15/04/2010 18:43

Hi all

@ juice - yeh, I prefer taller though went out with bloke of 6' 6" and that was a bit too tall - for me anyway!

And anyway he hasn't responded to my email saying that coffee would be good so may not have to worry about shortness ...

And have arranged lunchtime date with bluebeard for Friday week ... now just got to decide where and what to wear - and remember to shave legs - not because of anything happening just .... wouldn't feel right going on date with footballer-style legs!

lou33 · 15/04/2010 19:22

i like lunchtime dates, especially for the first time, i find them more relaxed

wear something you feel good in, daytime you can be more casual

SingleMum01 · 15/04/2010 19:43

kdk - why is he bluebeard - I'm imagining a pirate with a wooden leg and a parrot??!!!

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Remotew · 15/04/2010 19:51

Think I've been getting muddled up with your dates KDK.

Everyone seems to be getting fixed up on this thread.

Anyone got tips on best way to get rid of ants, they are coming into my house from outside.

hatesponge · 15/04/2010 19:55

kdk - exciting news re date...am intrigued to hear what bluebeard is like in the flesh lol.

I tend to avoid lunch dates, but that's mainly due to me looking better in the dark rather than the harsh daylight!

have just been invited to a wedding. I think in jest. I hope so

Monty100 · 15/04/2010 20:04

Eve - Zap them with spray/powder, it's the only way to go.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.