Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Vaccine injury ( not anti- vax)

204 replies

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 27/10/2022 10:55

My first 2 were AZ. No problems.

Had Moderna booster last year. 1 week after became really weak and exhausted (really weak and exhausted too weak to do anything) 5-6 months to return to health

Had Pfeizer booster 2 weeks ago. After a week, became so weak l couldn’t walk, and ended up in A and E. Since then I’ve lost my sense of smell, blinding headaches, weak as a kitten.

So, it seems that both vaccines have triggered some response. DH says he’s heard about people getting Long Covid from vaccines. DS who’s a journalist on national press says he’s heard of it too but ‘no one cares as they won’t be open about it’

Theres a subreddit with 5000 members, and l have found various things on it. It’s nickname is Spike Disease as it’s to do with the protein spike.

Does anyone else know anything? (please no anti vaxxers, I’m struggling enough as it is)

OP posts:
Please
or

bronzepig · 27/10/2022 12:50

I'm really sorry you're not well @ArseInTheCoOpWindow Flowers

So my view has always been - someone has symptoms, they need to have these checked out and properly investigated whatever the cause is thought to be. What happened after your A&E visit? Do you have a neurology referral?

Vaccination can cause side effects and in rare cases trigger specific disorders - but there is not a mystery disease caused by the coronavirus vaccines that needs specific treatment.

Say you develop Type 1 diabetes - hypothetically this could be triggered by being vaccinated, it could be triggered by coronavirus, or it could be a coincidence that you developed it in 2022 rather than 2018 and it's neither of these things. Whatever the cause, the treatement is the same and it needs to be adressed urgently.

I really hope you get proper investigations done and feel better very soon.

If you feel up to it it would be really helpful if you report your symptoms to the yellow card scheme, as this is the best way of identifying vaccine side effects.

Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 27/10/2022 12:52

I’ve reported it. They sent me an email saying someone was going to contact me about it.

Ive spoke to my GP. She just said it was early days after the vaccine, and there were lots of viruses about🤷🏼‍♀️

OP posts:
Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 27/10/2022 12:53

Spoken to my gp

OP posts:
Please
or

bronzepig · 27/10/2022 12:56

DS who’s a journalist on national press says he’s heard of it too but ‘no one cares as they won’t be open about it’

I would also gently argue against this - there are post-marketing surveillance schemes set up globally to follow up on coronavirus vaccine safety, including trials in a specific populations.

Specific safety signals have already been identified - carditis, disruption to the menstrual cycle, CVSTs - precisely because there is such intensive monitoring.

Many research bodies & institutes are also looking into mechanisms of side effects, including who is more likely to be at risk at prognostic outcomes.

I think a narrative that this isn't being taken seriously is incorrect, and of course must be very upsetting if you are someone who has had side effects.

Please
or

WahineToa · 27/10/2022 12:57

Sounds like you’re doing what you’re probably meant to, letting your GP know and have reported it. I don’t know anyone personally who have had a reaction, minor ones but not like yours. I react to vaccines sometimes, and pain killers. I almost died from a measles vaccine as a kid and so did a sister and cousin, really severe reactions. I don’t understand why and I don’t think there’s necessarily a fixed reason. But if you react badly to one, I would always be careful about getting more and I had thought they advised not to get another if you react badly to one of them. Even if different manufacturer. So I wouldn’t have got another after your first bad reaction and I would be super careful in future about any vaccine.

Please
or

hangryyhippo · 27/10/2022 12:57

Spoken to my gp

What did the doctors in A&E say though? Not being able to walk should trigger neurology to get involved.

Has your GP referred you on anywhere if A&E didn't?

Please
or

bronzepig · 27/10/2022 12:58

Spoken to my gp

What did they recommend? I'm guessing from your reply that A&E weren't too helpful?

Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 27/10/2022 12:58

They didn’t say much. It was a Saturday night.

Just said yes l was weak via strength tests, but all vital signs were ok.

OP posts:
Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 27/10/2022 13:00

I attributed the first reaction to something else.

I think the medics think I’m making it up. I’ve even lost my sense of smell.

OP posts:
Please
or

TurquoiseBeach · 27/10/2022 14:00

That sounds horrible OP. I hope you get it sorted. Is there any chance you could have covid at the same time?

Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 27/10/2022 15:02

I’ve done 2 tests both negative.

Headache, eyes hurt, exhausted, sneezing ( no cough or cold) stomach pain, nausea, no sense of smell. I just feel so ill.

OP posts:
Please
or

mynameiscalypso · 27/10/2022 15:06

My SIL developed a problem with her thyroid following her vaccination. It needed treatment to get it under control but she's fine now and has had her subsequent boosters without issue.

Please
or

PAFMO · 27/10/2022 15:08

Hope you get some answers (and get well) soon. Brew

Please
or

Iknowforsure1 · 27/10/2022 15:25

I’m very sorry to hear, hope you get better soon! Please don’t think I’m patronising, but why would you have another dose after such a bad reaction to the previous one? I only was weak and unwell for a day after the last booster. If I was sick for months from the previous dose, I wouldn’t have another one. They are not forcing people to have one

Please
or

orbitalcrisis · 27/10/2022 15:58

@Iknowforsure1 She didn't think it was a reaction to the vaccine. "I attributed the first reaction to something else."

Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 27/10/2022 16:09

I didn’t realise the first incident could have been triggered by the vaccine. I thought it was something else.

I asked my gp but she doubted it. There’s lots about it on the internet and Twitter. The problem is sifting out the anti-vax crap.

OP posts:
Please
or

Mapleapple · 27/10/2022 16:12

Sorry you are suffering at the moment OP. Have you done an actual covid test? Given how many people have it at the mo you may actually have covid.

Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 27/10/2022 16:20

I’ve done 2. Both negative.

OP posts:
Please
or

Buzzinwithbez · 28/10/2022 11:26

I'm really sorry to hear of your experiences. I'm not sure what counts as an antivaxxer but in full openness I have not had any.

Check out the work of Dr Shankara Chetty, a doctor from India living in South Africa. He has two interviews with Dr Mobeen Syed on YouTube which are well worth listening to and address viral spike and a third elsewhere - something about my patients aren't numbers, which expands on his experience once the vaccine came along. I would advise watching them in order to understand the timeline of his clinical experience.
He gives many clues about how he has helped with long covid - which he feels is caused by the body's reaction to spike protein rather than the initial viral phase, so I think it would apply to spike from the vaccine too.

Please
or

Buzzinwithbez · 28/10/2022 11:34

"Ive spoke to my GP. She just said it was early days after the vaccine, and there were lots of viruses about"

So your GP it attributing this to a short term reaction to the vaccine or a viral thing rather than exploring your particular difficulties further?

I agree with other posters that they need to test you at this point as an individual with debilitating symptoms rather than assuming any cause and being dismissive. This might get you a lot further in terms of exploration and support.

However since you have a strong hunch to the cause, I really would recommend those 3 videos as a starting point for you.
This doctor is in South Africa with minimal medical facilities and seems sincere when he speaks of his successful approach under these difficult circumstances.

Please
or

WildHorsesRunInMe · 28/10/2022 13:47

The covid vaccines cannot in any way cause covid. The loss of smell is a classic sign of covid-19 and so I would say the most likely cause is COVID itself and it's an unfortunate coincidence that you have such symptoms so close to vaccination. With regards to the spike protein that is delivered by the vaccine, this stays local to the injection site and any very small amount that travels in the blood stream are destroyed by liver enzymes. You can check this information from multiple, reputable sources. Also just to note that I know of quite a few people that tested negative with the at home tests but subsequently went to test positive when a sample was sent to the lab so I wouldn't give too much weight to the tests.

Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 28/10/2022 14:43

But l have discovered something called ‘Covid vaccine mimicry syndrome’ or ‘vaccine induced long Covid’ At the moment it’s not recognised as it’s so rare. I’ve recently discovered and joined a fb group about Its been hard as you get sucked down a rabbit hole of anti vax and ivermectin. It’s too much of a Co incidence that l got really ill twice within a week of having a vaccine.

Its quite rare, but this is what l think l have. I absolutely don’t have Covid. No cough, no sore throat, no runny nose. No respiratory symptoms at all.

OP posts:
Please
or

popsickle555 · 28/10/2022 18:12

In this situation I would treat it like long Covid. I know it’s not that exactly but at least there’s now a lot of help and info out there on that and what you’re experiencing sounds similar to the early days of LC.

if you start getting heart pain/breathing problems etc go back to A&E, this is a thing with long Covid and obviously some people have it from vaccination. I’ve had both. Lucky old me. But thankfully with the vaccine it resolved relatively quicker than with long Covid. I am now better.

im really sorry OP. It’s horrible when you don’t feel you have anywhere to turn / nobody listens. This is what people had with long Covid initially ‘you can’t STILL be Ill’ and I do believe the same is going on with vaccine reactions etc. personally I got a return of myocarditis post vaccine and was told ‘we can’t attribute it to that’ but it could literally have not been caused by anything else. Myocarditis (from Covid) resolved fully and then returned in another area of the heart a couple of weeks post second Pfizer. Now it’s more accepted and known but then I was told I was wrong and it’s upsetting and frustrating.

like I say though look on YouTube for help on long Covid. Gez Medinger videos are particularly helpful.

Please
or

popsickle555 · 28/10/2022 18:14

I would also do an antibody test perhaps to see if you have actually had Covid as the loss of smell thing I’m not sure about as being a post vaccine thing. I’m not saying it’s impossible but not heard of it.

Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 28/10/2022 18:35

I’ve just looked up loss of smell as a result of the vaccine. It’s not unheard of, but quite rare.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?