Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Reports that nearly everyone that went to Glastonbury came back with covid.

233 replies

Ohdearr · 30/06/2022 15:17

It was on the news but also lots of fb posts from people saying buy a lottery ticket if you didn't get covid at Glastonbury because you are that lucky as so many have.

Hardly surprising I know but it seems its absolutely rife at the moment and it's highly contagious.

Not good news for hospitals and care homes who still have to follow rules around self isolation. Care Homes still have to lockdown if 2 member of staff or mote test positive and lots of hospital staff will also be off.

OP posts:
Please
or

Therealpink · 30/06/2022 15:20

Ohdearr · 30/06/2022 15:17

It was on the news but also lots of fb posts from people saying buy a lottery ticket if you didn't get covid at Glastonbury because you are that lucky as so many have.

Hardly surprising I know but it seems its absolutely rife at the moment and it's highly contagious.

Not good news for hospitals and care homes who still have to follow rules around self isolation. Care Homes still have to lockdown if 2 member of staff or mote test positive and lots of hospital staff will also be off.

So what’s your point here? There should not have been a Glastonbury?

Please
or

MumbleAlwaysMumble · 30/06/2022 15:20

What can I say?
Peole are happy to be back to normal so surelky that can true. right?

Please
or

Etinoxaurus · 30/06/2022 15:21

I’ve heard the same. Not data but a dozen pp I know who went have got it.

Please
or

brookstar · 30/06/2022 15:22

So, what's the answer? We stop doing normal things forever?

Please
or

FourTeaFallOut · 30/06/2022 15:23

There

Please
or

Bramshott · 30/06/2022 15:23

There certainly is a lot of it around again right now. I've had it fairly recently having caught it I think over the Platinum Jubilee weekend.

Over 200,000 people went to Glastonbury though, so I strongly doubt that "nearly everyone" came back with Covid.

Please
or

Georgeskitchen · 30/06/2022 15:23

I call bullshit. Do you seriously think almost every single person who attended has tested themselves for covid?

Please
or

Justcallmebebes · 30/06/2022 15:25

I call bullshit too. I barely know anyone who even tests any more, only those who have to due to their job

Please
or

FourTeaFallOut · 30/06/2022 15:26

There isn't any way that could be true, if the strain moved so quickly that everyone got it at Glastonbury on the weekend then almost everyone else in the nation would have it by now too.

Please
or

DifferentUserName12 · 30/06/2022 15:26

Me and dp went and don't have it.
Dp had it for the second time at the beginning of the month and I didn't get it then either. Out of about 15 people there who I knew and ase there 4 had it and none of them had had it before. I think natural immunity from previous infections protected most of us.

I had it in November and have been in very close contact with people that have covid multiple times since then and have managed not to get reinfected. Its interesting how different people seem to have different immune system responses to it.

Please
or

Hotcuppatea · 30/06/2022 15:26

Scaremongering rubbish.

Please
or

Phrenologistsfinger · 30/06/2022 15:28

I have it but didn’t go to Glastonbury.

My friends who went to Glastonbury also have it.

Please
or

AnyFucker · 30/06/2022 15:28

Give over

Please
or

herewego9 · 30/06/2022 15:28

I honestly hardly know anyone that tests anymore - I'd be staggered if even a quarter of those returning from glasto have tested.

Please
or

vodkaredbullgirl · 30/06/2022 15:29

Really? nearly everyone got covid.

Please
or

Oblomov22 · 30/06/2022 15:31

Scaremongering.
Whats the suggestion here? That we don't go to normal things, concerts and festivals etc?

Please
or

ChateauMargaux · 30/06/2022 15:32

Its strange... I travelled by train recently... first purely frivolous long journey in a long time.. came back with covid.. my son went on a graduation trip with his friends who he has spent every day with.. lots of them were unwell... some quite seriously, second son went on a 4 day trip woth school.. again q
with people he has been in regular contact with .. 15% of the came back with covid. I can't explain it.

Please
or

PollyEsther · 30/06/2022 15:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

InTheNightWeWillWish · 30/06/2022 15:35

Our dog Walker went to Glastonbury but she’s fine.

There is a lot of covid at the moment, so people are catching it everywhere. A large event like Glastonbury is sure to cause some positive cases but cases are so high, it’s hard to avoid it. Glastonbury isn’t the only place you will catch it. We had it a couple of weeks ago, everyone we spoke to (friends, family, DH’s work) all said that we were the third or fourth people they’d known that week that had caught it. Since then all our parents have said they’ve been in close contact with a couple of people who have it and are basically waiting to see if they’ve caught it.

Please
or

ReeseWitherfork · 30/06/2022 15:38

Even if that’s true…. So? Is the panic here that care home and hospital staff may have been there and now they’ll have to isolate? Surely that’s a risk whatever they do. Those people are still entitled to have a life. The hospitals and care homes will only allowed a certain number of their staff annual leave at once so it’s not like whole wards will suddenly be without anyone.

Please
or

MrsTerryPratchett · 30/06/2022 15:41

Having been to Glastonbury in the past, it's a miracle they don't come back with cholera and dysentery.

Please
or

Fizbosshoes · 30/06/2022 15:42

I know lots of people who either had it recently or now. A few weeks ago sis and BIL had it, they hadn't been to any concerts or festivals. DD had it last week, she thought she got it from a Harry Styles concert, the rest of us have all tested negative. Someone I know from work currently has it, he's in his 70s and didn't go to Glasto or Harry Styles!

Please
or

BotterMon · 30/06/2022 15:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Really? Actually anyone who works in Health Care does give a fuck and still has to test twice a week AND isolate if positive. That's so we don't kill off our patients. So why don't you just fuck off with your uninformed garbage.

Please
or

heldinadream · 30/06/2022 15:44

MrsTerryPratchett · 30/06/2022 15:41

Having been to Glastonbury in the past, it's a miracle they don't come back with cholera and dysentery.

...and trench foot and ear damage and crowd induced psychosis...

Please
or

TwoLeftSocksWithHoles · 30/06/2022 15:44

Could it be that Covid is just a whacky new name for an Ectasy type drug? Wink

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?