Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Tracking your cycle and possible BFP using RHR

winterspinach · 19/09/2022 23:15

I know there was a thread where ladies tracked their rhr about a year ago and wanted to start it back up again as i’m tracking my resting heart rate! at about 7dpo today and it’s been rising for me! anyone else tracking rhr for bfp?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Annapolis35 · 20/09/2022 08:54

@winterspinach Am keen on this. Yours looks very promising. Mine is on the decline so we will see what happens (8 dpo)

Please
or

winterspinach · 20/09/2022 10:07

Annapolis35 · 20/09/2022 08:54

@winterspinach Am keen on this. Yours looks very promising. Mine is on the decline so we will see what happens (8 dpo)

yours still has had quite a steady rise! fingers crossed! have you compared to previous months?
I have seen of there being a dip and then a rise again!
Mine has stayed at 76 today (also 8dpo) crossing my fingers and toes. though I can’t think of any symptoms i’ve had apart from sore bbs

OP's posts:
Please
or

HoneyPea · 20/09/2022 10:23

I have been tracking mine the past few months. Back in July I had a chemical and knew it was over when I started spotting and my RHR dipped right down straight away. I have just had a BFP a week ago. I'll post a pic below. Yellow is when I got my BFP (11dpo) and purple is when AF was due Smile

Please
or

HoneyPea · 20/09/2022 10:24

This months RHR

Please
or

Annapolis35 · 20/09/2022 10:26

It is higher than previous months but I also was unwell over the weekend with a viral vomiting bug and had a fever so that could have also caused the higher rhr. We will see! Yours is very promising, fingers and toes crossed

Please
or

winterspinach · 20/09/2022 10:39

aw oh no i hope you feel better! hopefully it won’t have had too much of an affect on your rhr and there’s a bean sticking 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽
when will you start testing? i broke a clear blue ultra early blue dye today and it was a bfn but i guess that’s expected this early 😭

OP's posts:
Please
or

winterspinach · 20/09/2022 10:41

@HoneyPea so sorry to hear you had a chemical, that can’t be easy! Your chart looks fantastic though, deffo in line with a lot of what i’ve seen about a rise! Sending you lots of baby dust 💖💖

OP's posts:
Please
or

Annapolis35 · 20/09/2022 10:57

@HoneyPea That looks great! Congratulations and I hope it all goes smoothly.

Yeah hopefully!! My AF is due on Saturday as I have a short ish luteal phase of 12 days so don’t think I’ll test early and just wait it out. I know myself and think I’d get obsessed so don’t keep any in. Ahhh 8dpo is still very early so there’s still hope there. Do you feel any symptoms? My boobs hurt but they always do around this time, and I’ve got cramping and bloating but think that’s mostly from the stomach bug but other than that nothing going on

Please
or

winterspinach · 20/09/2022 13:26

@Annapolis35 yeah same! i usually get sore boobs after ovulating so i’m not going to hold onto that too much. other than that i have no other symptoms but i’ve heard a lot that women don’t feel many symptoms in the first few weeks. they really kick in on week 5/6
it’s so bad having tests in the house because i can’t help myself!

OP's posts:
Please
or

allgoodthings84 · 20/09/2022 19:50

I track my RHR. It goes up ovulation day then up again the day after then carries on steadily going up until 2 days before AF when it starts to very slowly go back down again.

this last cycle was different though. It was still going up right up until AF day then dropped 1bpm AF day and it arrived later that day. It had never done that before so was a bit weird. I’m now CD5 so will be watching it again to confirm ovulation for me (I use opk’s too so know it matches up).

Please
or

Annapolis35 · 20/09/2022 21:32

@allgoodthings84 mine seems to do either really, it usually goes down a couple of days before AF and so I always know it’s coming. Occasionally it doesn’t drop until day of or day after AF and no idea why, also really annoying that it does that during ttc and get hopes up!

Please
or

sarahc336 · 20/09/2022 22:03

This was mine the month I got my bfp with dd2, it was rising after ovulation but then rapidly dipped on or the day after I think I must have implanted But then shot back up again and kept going up and up. Just so you guys can see a month where a bfp was got for comparison good luck x

Please
or

winterspinach · 21/09/2022 05:53

@sarahc336 thanks so much for sharing! your chart looks so good!

mine today has shot up a little more and my right boob has a sharp pain? not sure if that’s a normal symptom but i hope so. it was hard to ignore

OP's posts:
Please
or

Annapolis35 · 21/09/2022 06:17

@sarahc336 thanks for sharing! And congratulations

mine has dropped again for the third day in a row and I feel like AF is on its way. Yours looks very promising @winterspinach exciting

Please
or

sarahc336 · 21/09/2022 06:34

Good luck guys xx

Please
or

winterspinach · 21/09/2022 10:37

@Annapolis35 i’m sorry that it’s dipping , you never know what could happen though!

@sarahc336

thanks guys, i’m keeping an eye on it, it has dipped a little lower prob because i fell asleep again. now down to 77.

boobs are wayyy more tender than usual

OP's posts:
Please
or

Annapolis35 · 21/09/2022 11:04

The boobs are a good sign! Mine have stopped hurting and now I just feel dull AF type cramps so I’m pretty sure I’m out—although when I was pregnant (had a mmc earlier this year at 9 weeks) I was also convinced I wasn’t because of AF cramps, except then my heart rate was steadily rising around this time. I hate over analyzing my body!

Please
or

winterspinach · 21/09/2022 11:28

@Annapolis35 Im really sorry to hear that, i hope you’re doing well 💖
When you tested with this pregnancy, when did you get your bfp?

And same! I feel like I’m driving myself mad sometimes

OP's posts:
Please
or

Annapolis35 · 21/09/2022 11:40

I didn’t test until I was two or three days late so probably day 15 and it was a blazing immediate positive. I had lots of signs though, my heart rate had gone up high and my taste had gone weird and my boobs hurt under my arms, and the AF cramps disappeared from 10dpo onwards (guess that’s when implantation occured). I also had a streak of brown blood 10 dpo.

Please
or

winterspinach · 21/09/2022 12:41

ooh okay, i’m going to try holding off testing until im a few days late (if i am)
even thought i’ve seen lots of ladies get bfps after their rhr has been increasing i seem to think that i’ll be an anomaly and just get a bfn. been trying for a year and a half :(

OP's posts:
Please
or

Annapolis35 · 21/09/2022 12:51

@winterspinach Yeah, I’ve had months where my heart rate has gone up really high and I have got excited but it dropped so it’s probably best to temper expectations, though it is promising! Sorry you’ve been trying for a year and a half, is it your first? Have you been to the gp? We are trying for our first and have been trying since January - caught in February but miscarried in April, had a few months off to recover and it’s our second month properly trying again. It’s been hard

Please
or

allgoodthings84 · 21/09/2022 12:58

my RHR is being all weird. I’ve looked back at nearly 5 years of tracking on my Fitbit and it’s always been the same pattern but I’m now CD6 (AF finished yesterday) and it’s not yet dropped below my ovulation RHR. CD6&7 I’m usually at 56-57bpm (at my lowest all cycle) but today it went back up again. It had slowly dropped to 60bpm then this morning went back up to 61bpm. It’s never ever above 59bpm until ovulation for me. I’m thinking maybe I’m about to come down with something as there’s no way I’m ovulating today it’s too early and I always get a few days of EWCM first and RHR always drops to 56/57 before going back up again and it’s not. Wondering if my watch is broken on just the RHR bit 😂

Please
or

allgoodthings84 · 21/09/2022 13:00

@winterspinach which day on your chart was ovulation? It looks promising 🤞

Please
or

allgoodthings84 · 21/09/2022 13:02

@Annapolis35 mine always goes down 2 days before AF (for last nearly 5 years from looking back at my Fitbit app) but my RHR is still being weird and not doing what it’s always done so not sure if there’s something wrong with my watch or I’ve been coming down with something for the last week

Please
or

winterspinach · 21/09/2022 13:19

@Annapolis35 thanks for the encouraging words :)
I’ve been to the gp and got all my hormones checked and whatnot. everything seemed fine bar my vit d which i increased. for the past three months i’ve been taking conceive plus ovulation support to improve egg quality. my husband is all fine too. nurse said it could just take some couples longer and were somewhat young at 29 and 27.

Im sorry it’s been tough for you, i’ve had one chemical and it was brutal, i can’t imagine what it’s like being further along. Hopefully it happens for us both soon and the timing will be perfect :)

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?