Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

CD1 hoping for a BFP in October!

hevann · 17/09/2022 10:36

Hi, thought I'd start a new thread.

I'm 36 DH is 49. We've been trying for 8 months now, Sadly had a CP beginning of July. I have a GP appointment on the 27th to get the ball rolling if we don't conceive. AF arrived today so on to a new cycle.

Anyone else hoping for a BFP in October? xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

SarahS22 · 17/09/2022 19:03

We are currently TTC #1 and in cycle 4 now just coming into ovulation week 🀞 I've just bought a fertility cup too so hoping for a BFP this cycle🀞😊

Please
or

staceymarieox · 17/09/2022 21:04

Hey! I'm actually hoping for a BFP this month but if not then October too! We literally have started trying so not holding my breath (DS took 5 months and we were trying from Nov last year until April this year and nothing, decided we maybe didn't want a second so stopped and now have changed our minds πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ)

We are in no rush but would love to be able to announce it after the 12 week scan on Christmas day 😍 especially as we haven't told any of the family we are trying again!

I just came out of hospital after having sepsis and just sooo want to add to the family, I just was so scared to loose it all if anything bad happened!

Keeping everything crossed for everyone! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Please
or

SarahS22 · 17/09/2022 21:52

Oh wow! I hope you are feeling better and recovery and hoping for BFP this month for us both 😁

I keep thinking how great it would be announce in December and around Christmas 😊

But I'm trying to stop thinking about the timing now and just realised I want to get pregnant and have a baby no matter what the timing and how long it takes.

I just over think everything!πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Please
or

hevann · 17/09/2022 22:28

@SarahS22 I've just been reading about fertility cups! I'd never even heard of them before today. I really hope it works for you. x

@staceymarieox I hope you're much better now? It sounds like you really been through it. x

I would love to announce it in December, make it a big deal. If we manage to get pregnant this baby is likely to be our only one so would be lovely to surprise everyone with the news.

Lots of baby dust to us all ✨ xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Koalafaith · 18/09/2022 02:28

I am 13dpo. Is this positive?

CD1 hoping for a BFP in October!
Please
or

hevann · 18/09/2022 08:29

@Koalafaith I can definitely see a line! Maybe take a FRER to confirm but I'd say Congratulations! x

OP's posts:
Please
or

TTC2022newbie · 20/09/2022 12:06

@hevann how are you doing?

I've changed my username from SarahS πŸ˜…

Please
or

hevann · 20/09/2022 12:25

@TTC2022newbie hey! I'm doing ok, counting down the days til AF ends and we can start trying again, we both caught covid last month so TTC was put on hold for a cycle.

How are you doing? x

OP's posts:
Please
or

TTC2022newbie · 20/09/2022 13:42

@hevann oh no! Hope you are feeling ok now.

Yeah ok CD11 so telling myself I need to be positive and optimistic as it's the only part of the cycle I can actually control. 🀞

Please
or

hevann · 20/09/2022 16:28

@TTC2022newbie I feel good now, although having a really heavy period this time so not sure if that got anything to do with it (sorry if tmi)

Glad you're ok, it's annoying we can't control anything, it's just the waiting.

Definitely need to keep positive, I feel a lot more relaxed this month. It was nice not having to think about it last month, I took a step back from everything. x

OP's posts:
Please
or

TTC2022newbie · 20/09/2022 17:26

hevann · 20/09/2022 16:28

@TTC2022newbie I feel good now, although having a really heavy period this time so not sure if that got anything to do with it (sorry if tmi)

Glad you're ok, it's annoying we can't control anything, it's just the waiting.

Definitely need to keep positive, I feel a lot more relaxed this month. It was nice not having to think about it last month, I took a step back from everything. x

I've had some really heavy periods since TTC. I've pretty much had 4 day bleeding for years and last month it was only 3 but heavy.
So weird!

I'm definitely a bit less bothered by this cycle, but am worried it may not happen this year now... πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ So negative I know!

I might need to take a break over Christmas, if no BFP before obviously, so I can enjoy myself, actually drink and not stress and worry.

Please
or

ScarletDreams · 20/09/2022 17:28

Hi everyone, could I also join you on this journey?
We are hoping for an BFP in October. I'm 32 and my partner is 37. I'm still waiting on my first period since coming off the desogestrel pill a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping we can start trying ASAP .
Has anyone on here had any experience on coming off the desogestrel pill and how long before you got a period? I've had the aches like it is coming for over a week but nothing as of yet πŸ™ƒ. I've never wanted it to arrive so much so that we can begin ttc haha

Please
or

TTC2022newbie · 20/09/2022 18:34

ScarletDreams · 20/09/2022 17:28

Hi everyone, could I also join you on this journey?
We are hoping for an BFP in October. I'm 32 and my partner is 37. I'm still waiting on my first period since coming off the desogestrel pill a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping we can start trying ASAP .
Has anyone on here had any experience on coming off the desogestrel pill and how long before you got a period? I've had the aches like it is coming for over a week but nothing as of yet πŸ™ƒ. I've never wanted it to arrive so much so that we can begin ttc haha

πŸ‘‹ Hi

I'm 31 and DH is 36!

I cannot help as I came off the pill about 5 years ago for various reasons.

I do remember the first cycle we tried was the hardest to see BFN as I kinda thought/hoped/prayed it would work first time πŸ€£πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Please
or

blueberry23 · 20/09/2022 18:43

Hey guys!

CD5 for me

TTC #2 - I have a one year old son who we conceived first go.

It's been 6 months trying for us, but only 4 cycles as I've had two miscarriages at 5 weeks and each time it's taken my cycle a few weeks to return.

I've stopped breastfeeding (stopped when my son turned 16m) so hoping that resolves the early loss issue but who knows.

Due to ovulate next Thursday/Friday 🀞🏽

How is everyone doing? I am always fine before ovulation, but am a nightmare emotional wreck in 2WW, spending a fortune on tests and consumed by this completely. Then I feel like the worst mum ever.

Please
or

Oh and I'm 33, DH is 37.

Please
or

hevann · 20/09/2022 19:16

@TTC2022newbie I know how you feel I'm starting to worry it might not happen too. I've booked a GP appointment just to get the ball rolling. I'm hoping it'll scare my body in to conceiving! Lol! x

@ScarletDreams hi! Welcome! I'm 36 DH is 49 so we're on the 'older' side! Ha! I was on cerelle for 10 years & microgynon for 15 before that I think. I stopped taking cerelle around the middle of January this year, had a withdrawal bleed 9th Feb for 3 days then had my proper period 6th March. Hope that helps? I was exactly the same. I've never wished for a period so much in my life! I hope it arrives quickly for you! x

OP's posts:
Please
or

hevann · 20/09/2022 19:22

@blueberry23 hey! I'm CD4 & due to ovulate at the same time, so we're cycle buddies! Lol! I am an absolute nightmare with testing in the TWW!

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriages.

Can breastfeeding cause them? I'm not that clued up on the ins & outs were TTC #1 so I'm totally clueless.

I unfortunately suffered a chemical in July so I'm a bit more cautious testing so early but I still get the urge!! I've got my 🀞🏻 for you! x

OP's posts:
Please
or

blueberry23 · 20/09/2022 19:39

@hevann so I didn't have a period at all for 13 months and we decided to start trying when they came back, but I'd ovulate then get my period like 3 days later and so my luteal phase was too short to sustain a pregnancy.

So TTC your first - are you using ovulation sticks? I do swear by them.
Also every time I've conceived I've stuck my legs in the air after sex and laid down for 10 mins or so. Worth a shot 🀣

Please
or

hevann · 20/09/2022 20:06

@blueberry23 oh wow, how frustrating, are you back to regular periods now? I was worried about my luteal phase but I'm in the lower end of the normal range about 11/12 days. I used ovulation sticks religiously for the first few months and I always matched my Flo app so I stopped using them. The pressure was getting a bit much. I think I will start again this cycle just to double check I'm still on track.

I always stick my legs in the air! DH thinks I'm mad 🀣

DH already has children, well I say children they're in their 20's and one has a baby! So I'm a step nan πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ just want one of my own now. x

OP's posts:
Please
or

TTC2022newbie · 20/09/2022 22:47

Hey guys!

CD5 for me

TTC #2 - I have a one year old son who we conceived first go.

It's been 6 months trying for us, but only 4 cycles as I've had two miscarriages at 5 weeks and each time it's taken my cycle a few weeks to return.

I've stopped breastfeeding (stopped when my son turned 16m) so hoping that resolves the early loss issue but who knows.

Due to ovulate next Thursday/Friday 🀞🏽

How is everyone doing? I am always fine before ovulation, but am a nightmare emotional wreck in 2WW, spending a fortune on tests and consumed by this completely. Then I feel like the worst mum ever.

Hi πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry about your losses that must be so tough! πŸ˜”

Yes TWW is so hard. I just want to know if it's worked or not! πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Please
or

TTC2022newbie · 20/09/2022 22:49

@hevann yep you got to stick your legs in the air πŸ€£πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Clearly not working though!!

Please
or

ScarletDreams · 21/09/2022 17:37

@hevann thank you , that is helpful actually yes. I guess because when I took a break from mycrgynon a few years ago I bled within a week so I was hoping for the same this time. It just made me wonder if it was normal. Hopefully it comes along in the next week or so. Impatiently waiting πŸ™‚.

Please
or

ScarletDreams · 21/09/2022 17:47

@TTC2022newbie πŸ‘‹ hi.
Ha, yes I was kinda hoping for a bfp first time too but, the more I've been reading and learning on this site, the more I realise now that it's unlikely to be so simple. Hopefully you get your bfp soon. 😁

Please
or

TTC2022newbie · 21/09/2022 18:23

@ScarletDreams I know, I never expected to only have a 20% chance each month.
Makes me think how do people 'accidentally' fall pregnant πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ€£

I asked a friend the other day how long it took her to conceive her son, to make me feel better and reassure me that I'm not the only one taking time to conceive and she said 2 cycles πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜…

Please
or

TTC2022newbie · 22/09/2022 08:44

I've felt completely out of sorts this cycle and haven't felt like it was going right at all.
Last night did not help when I'm fairly convinced it was ovulation day, DH had a bad day at work and wasn't in the move. πŸ˜”

I just feel like writing this whole cycle off.

AF is due when I'm in Wales so I don't really want it to hang over me on holiday so I think I just need to forget about this cycle and just get in a better frame of mind next month.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?