Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Preparing to TTC in 2022 part 6

WingingIt09 · 08/09/2022 17:52

Hello and welcome to thread 6! You guys are all amazing, can't believe the thread is still going! Congrats to those with BFPs and baby dust to those who are trying! Xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Theawkwardblonde · 08/09/2022 17:53

Hopping on! Thanks for creating the new thread.

Please
or

missmoosh · 08/09/2022 17:57

Thanks for making a new one! Was confused when I couldn't post on the other one 😂

My tests arrived! How long would I need to hold to take one today???

Please
or

Welshgal85 · 08/09/2022 18:20

Thanks for starting a new thread. Let’s hope it’s a lucky one for us all 😊🤞🏻

Please
or

SarahShorty · 08/09/2022 19:24

Found it! Haha. Thanks for the new thread @WingingIt09 as @Welshgal85 said, let's hope it's a lucky one for all of us xx

Please
or

Dreamingof3 · 08/09/2022 20:02

Can't believe we're on thread 6 already!

@WingingIt09 how are.you doing? X

Please
or

WingingIt09 · 08/09/2022 20:04

@Dreamingof3 counting down till Monday for my appt at EPU. Nausea kicked in yesterday at 5+4 which I'm taking as a good sign although not a nice one 🙈

OP's posts:
Please
or

LucyLoopyLu · 08/09/2022 20:14

Thanks for the new thread!

Really hope this one is going to be where I get a BFP 🤞

@Wingingit09 hope you're not feeling too poorly, I guess it's reassuring in a way that things are progressing but still not nice!

Please
or

Houseelf90 · 08/09/2022 20:16

Jumping onto the new thread! Still here quietly in the background! Am onto cycle 2 now, still not tracking ovulation but think it will be in the next few days 🤞🏼

Please
or

Dreamingof3 · 08/09/2022 20:44

@WingingIt09 ahh hoping it doesn't hit you too badly! But reassuring still. You'll be just over 6 weeks for your appointment then? Keeping everything crossed for you xx

Please
or

WingingIt09 · 08/09/2022 20:45

@Dreamingof3 yes. I'm hoping they might scan me as part of it x

OP's posts:
Please
or

PinkButtercups · 08/09/2022 21:08

Thanks for the new thread. Just checking in.

Good luck with your appt @WingingIt09

Please
or

Jade57 · 08/09/2022 21:47

Hope I can jump on with you girls. You have all been a great source of advice for me. I'm crossing my fingers very very tight until I can book for an early scan. Does Anyone know how many weeks you need to be for a tummy ultrasound rather than vaginal? I really don't want an internal scan. I had one with my daughter at 7 weeks on my tummy but I'm hoping it's maybe a bit earlier as I feel so anxious this time

Please
or

dearhummingbirds · 08/09/2022 23:25

Thanks for the new thread @WingingIt09 !

Fingers crossed for BFPs for everyone.

I guess this will be the thread where I will actually be ttc 😬

Please
or

Tropicana1 · 09/09/2022 10:40

Thanks for the thread @WingingIt09
Congratulation on the bfp @Jade57

Please
or

Welshgal85 · 09/09/2022 16:08

I don’t think I’ve ovulated. The past few months OPK’s have said I have on the same few days, but this month I’m on day 20 and still nothing!

Should I just not bother doing any more OPKs this month and just wait for next month?

Please
or

DanisEndo · 09/09/2022 16:18

OMG a new thread! That went so quickly!! I'm still in the background - work has picked up so i've been checking in on here less but amazing to see more BFP's <3 We're still on cloud 9 of cycle 1 trying, think I'm just going into my fertile week (super long cycles), fingers crossed. Think even OH is starting to get quite excited for a BFP!

Please
or

Bananatoast123 · 09/09/2022 16:24

Thanks for the new thread @WingingIt09!

so I am approximately 6-7 dpo I think, no symptoms yet… only really noticed increased discharge but I think it’s too soon to pinpoint that! I’m definitely holding off on testing. I didn’t OPK test as I ran out just before my peak had shown. EWCM was it’s most 6 days ago so I’m going off that!

Please
or

Welshgal85 · 09/09/2022 17:41

Update from my earlier post above. I’m wondering if its possible I could be pregnant…DTD on day 14 but wasn’t testing then so wonder if I ovulated earlier than usual without knowing. I’ve had stomach ache for 5 days, similar to period pains and just had some light pink on the tissue after going for a wee.

Surely it would be too soon for this to happen though as only 7 days since DTD?

Please
or

Jade57 · 09/09/2022 17:50

@Welshgal85 it's not impossible that your having implantation bleeding. Mine started at 7DPO fingers crossed for u!

Please
or

DesertSnow · 09/09/2022 18:10

Ah thanks for the new thread @WingingIt09 The last one seemed to fly by!

Can't believe that we're finally starting to try this weekend! Also have my first wedding dress fitting so should be a busy weekend!

@Welshgal85 definitely sounds a possibility! I think if it was me I would keep taking OPKs and DTD every other day just to cover all my bases! Fingers crossed for you!

Please
or

SarahShorty · 09/09/2022 21:27

@Welshgal85 definitely sounds like you could be! Fingers crossed xx

CD5 today. It's been a rough week. I mentioned before how I had to book Monday afternoon off because I was cramping up loads and bleeding from having had a chemical pregnancy. Because I knew what was going on this time (the first chemical pregnancy that I had I didn't know about), it made it all the more raw and I just couldn't stop crying for long enough to do my job properly.

Well.... I found out (the very hard way) that I can't just book time off for sickness like I used to. The system has changed. I have to tell my manager first and then he has to pick a category to put it under and then sign it off. Fair enough. But then, I had to fill out a 'Return to work' form. For one afternoon off sick. My manager kept asking what had happened so he could document it, it was a very, very personal thing and he said that he'd know if I'm not telling the truth. I kept side-stepping. He then summoned me for a meeting to discuss the process for booking time of sick and didn't let me go until I filled out the form. He has no idea what a chemical pregnancy is, so I put that I'd had an early miscarriage and he fell silent. By this point I was in floods of tears. "How is <DH's name> doing?" "How do you THINK he's doing? Partying it up? He's bloody devastated!" I ended the call because I was in pieces. He later very sheepishly apologised and I got on with my day, albeit rather broken. When DH came home I told him everything and he was so pissed.

Suffice to say, I'm not on good terms with my manager anymore. I have a catch-up meeting (a monthly check-in to see how I'm doing) with him next week and if he brings it up again I will absolutely shut him down. I don't think there was any malice, just complete and total stupidity.

Please
or

dearhummingbirds · 09/09/2022 23:28

Exciting weekend for you @DesertSnow !

@SarahShorty Sorry to hear you’ve had such a tough week 😢 Some people can just be so oblivious. That was the last thing you needed.

Please
or

Anna531 · 10/09/2022 00:21

@SarahShorty that's the exact opposite of what you needed. You're right probably no malice but it would help if he considered it from your point of view for a second. If you were side stepping he could have let it go, it's unusual when someone just doesn't want to tell you details and safe to assume it's for a very good reason. I hope things pick up and he doesn't feel the need to go over it again, hopefully he's since realised. Thinking about you and hope you're being extra good to yourself x

I'm 7dpo today, very little to no symptoms. I feel like I notice something then I completely talk myself out of it. Last night and tonight I have like tingling and very dull cramps, it kind of feels like static in my lower abdomen (that sounds crazy I know) 😂😂 then I think I'm lying here looking for something and don't usually pay this amount of attention to my body so it probably happens all the time and it's digestion 😂😂
So the wait continues

Hope everyone's doing well and this thread sees lots of BFPs.

Sorry @Jade57 I don't know the answer to that, hopefully someone else can help.

Please
or

missmoosh · 10/09/2022 09:12

@SarahShorty I am so sorry to hear that happened! People can be totally oblivious to others feelings! If you were off for a considerable amount of time, I could maybe understand needing more info, but 1 afternoon?! Hopefully he doesn't bring it up again when you see him next.

Update from me - CD29, according to app 3 days late, still no signs of AF and only BFN on tests. Been getting on and off sharp pains in lower right abdomen for about 5 days now, so have no idea what's going on. Just want AF to start if I'm not so I can get going on cycle 2 😑

Please
or

Bananatoast123 · 10/09/2022 10:10

@SarahShorty I’m so sorry this happened to you! If you’ve got a good HR contact don’t be afraid to confidentially chat it through with them and they might work on a system on educating managers / changing how much he was pushing you for what happened! This isn’t right!

@Anna531 i think we are cycle buddies as I’m 7dpo today too! I’m the opposite now on cycle 7 I just expect to have AF show 🤦🏼‍♀️ And then if it doesn’t then surprise! I hope we do get our BFP though!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?