Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TWW starting 31.07.22 - Company Needed

TheCakeIsALie18 · 31/07/2022 00:05

Hey all!

I'm on several other threads that I'm keeping up with but some of them are a tad long now, so I thought I'd start a new one for people to join.

Ovulation day for me today (30.07.22) so TWW starts officially tomorrow. AF due on the 12th. I have tests in the house, but my goal this month is to keep my mind busy and avoid symptom spotting! I don't plan on testing if I can help it. Want to avoid the disappointment if I can.

We are TTC #1 and we are in cycle 4 now. I had a chemical mid June when we weren't officially TTC but when it happened we realised now was the time to actively try. We wanted it so badly.

So that's a little about me and I would love some company in a slightly smaller thread.

Much love xoxox

OP's posts:
Please
or

xttcbabyno1x · 31/07/2022 00:39

Heyyy I'm exactly the same :) 31.07 we're officially 1DPO lol x

TTC number 1 and first cycle (proper cycle) though we haven't used a condom for around 2 months prior .. just as we forgot!xx

Please
or

Irishgal1987 · 31/07/2022 14:24

Hey 👋🏻 I'm currently in the 2ww. Ovulation around 22nd/23rd July and AF is due 10th Aug as per Flo. Trying not to symptom spot as I drive myself mad. Also going to wait until AF is due to test 🤞🏻

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 31/07/2022 14:27

@xttcbabyno1x Hey, welcome!

I think the first TWW was the easiest. They just get harder after that haha.

We went on our honeymoon in April and said that for April, May, and June we would just let what will be will be and then after that start trying. But I got my chemical positive from a holiday in May and passed the tissue in June. Since then we've been actively trying and we realised that the positive test meant more to us fhab we realised. So this is technically cycle 2 of properly trying.

I've been tracking CM and BBT since I came off the pill in November just before we got married (3days before xmas). Last cycle and this I also used OPKs to confirm my ovulation. My body is like clockwork. I'm so lucky. I ovulate between CD14 and CD17 and always get Ov pain so I knew when it was happening, but having the OPKs to back it up is nice.

My Leuteal phase is usually short - between 10 and 12 days (29day cycle) so I guess if I wanted to I could start testing around 8dpo... but I think I'd worry about the disappointment haha, not to mention becoming obsessive lol.

Are you tracking anything or just winging it for the time being? Xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

xttcbabyno1x · 31/07/2022 14:35

@TheCakeIsALie18 I say it's out first cycle trying, but we haven't used condom for around 3 months, so technically it's cycle 4 but I want sure if I was ovulating when the app said, no luck so far so started tracking ovulation! So we've decided this is our first official month TTC so I understand the agonising wait for the TWW! I've bought so many FRER a I am stopping myself this month 😅 so we're On a similar page! I'm really sorry to hear you had a chemical x

My cycles do vary slightly between 22-28 days! Those this month will be longer, I had covid two weeks ago and think it delayed it! So yes, tracking ovulation now and considering it our first month properly trying ☺️ xxx

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 31/07/2022 14:52

@Irishgal1987 hey there! Stay strong and avoid the tests haha. Find something to occupy your mind and time!

It's good to have a few people who's cycles match up for support lol xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 31/07/2022 14:55

@xttcbabyno1x aye, that makes sense. I like tracking. I feel I understand my bodynso much better now.

I know some girls get a bit over whelmed with it all and become a tad obsessed, but I feel tracking sort of grounds me because I know what is supposed to be happening and when. Does that make sense?!

I hope now you're tracking you get a lucky cycle this month! ❤️❤️ xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

xttcbabyno1x · 31/07/2022 14:57

@TheCakeIsALie18 me too!! I was meant to ovulate last Saturday but didn't actually ovulate until yesterday, putting it down to covid but unless I'd had tracked, I wouldn't have known I'd missed it last weekend!

So I agree tracking is the way forward, I think no matter what I do I will think about it 24/7 but I'd rather know I've got a chance because we've DTD around ovulation! I'm just gutted he was away so we couldn't DTD on day of ovulation, but did it Friday when I got my positive OPK so 1 day prior to ovulation xx

I hope it's your lucky month too, baby dust to us both right 😍✨

Please
or

LorrenK · 31/07/2022 15:00

I’d love to join, I can’t keep track of the threads I have been reading… I’m TTC baby no 1 and this is cycle 1, had my coil removed in June. I’m currently D6PO. TWW feels like a long time 😩

Please
or

Irishgal1987 · 31/07/2022 16:27

@TheCakeIsALie18 Its so nice to have people in the same boat. I deffo will try and keep myself busy and try not to think about it. Have you any symptoms? I've a little bit of cramps but I had that last month too so not reading into it.

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 31/07/2022 16:38

@xttcbabyno1x if it makes you feel any better, your peak fertility is actually the day before O at upto 41% chance. So I've got everything crossed for you!!! Xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

xttcbabyno1x · 31/07/2022 16:39

@TheCakeIsALie18 I didn't actually know that, so thank you so much!! Just hoping these two weeks don't drag too much xx

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 31/07/2022 16:40

@LorrenK eeek I could never have a coil haha. Going in, fine. The thought of it coming out though....

Yeah, TWW feels like an age but a nice small thread like this and we can keep track of everyone haha. Support when we need it ❤️ xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Flowersflowers121 · 31/07/2022 16:40

Hi guys!! Can I join? :) I'm only CD5 atm but tracking ovulation properly for the first time this month instead of just trusting my app haha
Baby dust to everyone!! <3

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 31/07/2022 16:41

@Irishgal1987 I only ovulated yesterday so even if it was successful I'm not likely to feel anything until at least next weekend haha. So nope, no symptoms. But my brain is likely to start making shit up soon 😅 xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Irishgal1987 · 31/07/2022 17:03

@TheCakeIsALie18 😂 its crazy how much you read into every wee symptom isn't it. Really hope we get some BFPs on this thread!

Please
or

LorrenK · 31/07/2022 17:32

I’m only 6DPO but have been having waves of nausea, sore lower back and pains in my stomach, I had a sharp shooting pain that woke me up this morning, so I know I shouldn’t have as far too early and…. A very very faint line, almost like a shadow. Could it just be an evaporation line? Or could it be I ovulated earlier then I thought and I am further along then 6 days. I had an Positive OPK then my apps told me I ovulated the very next day so I feel like I am only 6DPO??

TWW starting 31.07.22 - Company Needed
Please
or

Solongmarianne92 · 31/07/2022 17:33

Hi all,

After an unexpected pregnancy in May and unfortunately a miscarriage in June, this is my first proper cycle TTC. Similar to OP, the loss has made us realise how much we want a baby in the near future.
I’ve gone from only tracking my periods to worrying about temperatures, ovulation dates and CM! I haven’t used ovulation sticks but my Natural Cycles app predicts ovulation tomorrow.
I’m trying not to get too obsessive and I don’t want to test until my period is actually late.
Hope these two weeks pass quickly for us!

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 31/07/2022 22:21

@LorrenK Ooooh I can definitely see a 2nd line there. 🤞🏻 fingers crossed when you test tomorrow or in a couple days time that it gets stronger ❤️❤️ xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 31/07/2022 22:22

@Solongmarianne92 sorry to hear about your loss. We've got everything crossed for you that you get the BFP this cycle. ❤️ here if you need any support xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 31/07/2022 22:23

@Flowersflowers121 Heyyy! Welcome. Fingers crossed you get some luck this month ❤️ xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

xttcbabyno1x · 01/08/2022 06:53

2dpo today, feel quite content this cycle, guarantee in 2/3 days time that changes lol xx

Please
or

Olearia · 01/08/2022 08:25

Hey, am I ok to join too? I'm on cycle day 14 today, usually have 27/28 day cycles so I'm officially in the tww. AF is due around the 15th so going to try to hold off on testing until about the 12th. Nice to find others in the tww to chat to!

Please
or

Irishgal1987 · 01/08/2022 08:28

@LorrenK I can see a line too! Keep us posted on further tests, all crossed 🤞🏻
@Solongmarianne92 so sorry to hear about your MC 😔 I had a MC in April, very emotional time. Hoping this is our month 💕
@xttcbabyno1x great to feel confident 😊 sure we can share the worries and madness the 2ww brings on here haha

Please
or

xttcbabyno1x · 01/08/2022 08:29

@Irishgal1987 definitely not confident haha, content as in im not stressing about it as much trying to relax xx yeah definitely! This time last week I was stressing as hadn't ovulated so feel calmer this week surprisingly lol xx

Please
or

TheCakeIsALie18 · 01/08/2022 08:56

@Olearia of course you can join us. How is this cycle going for you so far?

@xttcbabyno1x I'm glad you're feeling content. I'm in the same boat at the moment. 2dpo and feeling pretty chilled right now. Still feels like a lifetime of waiting ahead though 🤣 xx

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.