Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

First timers, TTC. Safe space for brain dumps...

TinyDancer91 · 01/01/2022 19:55

Hi everyone!

This thread may or may not contain questions, I've mainly started it to be my brain dump safe space but in an excited way, not a bad way...

Me (30) and my SO (34) have decided to take the leap and start TTC! We have both wanted children for a while but just knew the timing wasn't right for either of us until now. For me, any time I see a baby or even baby clothes recently my heart aches for it to be my turn. I've never really had that strong feeling before.

The reason behind this 'safe space' is that we have agreed not to tell anyone we are TTC. We just want to avoid any pressure or disappointment if things don't go to plan, etc.

For context, I am the youngest of 5, the only girl the only one of my siblings without children.
SO is the oldest of 2, his brother has a child who lives with BM away from here so isn't really seen much by grandparents.

Both families are great and would only want the best for us but I personally don't want to feel any sort or pressure at all (intended or not) from either side.

So, we start our journey, we are on cycle 1 SWI, not expecting anything to happen this cycle and trying not to turn in to a crazy lady about TTC Smile

If anyone else needs a brain dump safe space, feel free to join me here Smilex

OP's posts:
Please
or

Nyxxie · 01/01/2022 20:20

Hey, can I join you? I'm 34 and my OH and I are about to start TTC our first. It's so hard not being able to talk about it outside of the two of us, and I don't want to constantly go on about it to him so a safe space is definitely needed! I am trying so hard not to become obsessed but it is difficult having to wait for the right time cycle wise and feeling a bit helpless. Also a very exciting time though! :)

Please
or

TinyDancer91 · 01/01/2022 20:40

Hey @Nyxxie!

Great to have you here. Glad I'm not the only one, feel free to brain dump here all you need!

Exciting times ahead and fingers crossed for you! X

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sassy144 · 01/01/2022 20:44

Thank you for starting this thread! Happy to have a safe space to talk 🥰 I think I've ovulated in the past few days so now we wait! I am also the only one of my siblings without children, and starting to really feel it at family get-togethers.

Please
or

tbcp90 · 01/01/2022 20:46

Hi Both,

Hope I'm okay to join too. This is my first time posting.

I'm 31, partner is 35. This will be our first time TTC. We've wanted to try for a while but never felt like it was the right time. We decided to give it a go over Christmas. Trying to stay calm about it and not get too obsessed with cycles!

I'm also not telling anyone else about our journey so will be good to share in here Smile

Please
or

TinyDancer91 · 01/01/2022 21:11

@Sassy144 & @tbcp90 lovely to have you both here too!

It's already making me feel better that there's other people in the same or similar situations Smile

Sending positive vibes to you all

OP's posts:
Please
or

Nyxxie · 01/01/2022 21:15

Thanks @TinyDancer91 fingers crossed for you too, and everyone else joining the thread.

My only (younger) sibling has 2 children so I know the feeling of being the childless one at family gatherings! It's never bothered me too much as I'm used to being the odd one haha, I'm just really ready for it to be my turn now!

Please
or

Rpsches917 · 01/01/2022 21:15

Hi all,

Hope you don’t mind if I join you all too :) I am 30 and me and my OH just started TTC. Trying not to put too much pressure on it so we don’t want to tell people at this stage.

Keeping everything crossed for you all!

Please
or

ECA142 · 01/01/2022 21:35

Hiya all. Can I join this party too? Me (35) and my fiancé (36) decided to start trying beginning of December. We agreed to keep this just between the two of us so to not have any added pressure and to be honest, I kinda love the little secret! However it would be nice to talk to others too so I'm fully on board with this brain dump space. I'm currently 4 dpo after trying through our first cycle - so much sex! Haha! This 2ww is feeling so long! I'm hoping to wait till AF doesn't show up to test. Although I feel a bit like the craze is taking over haha

Please
or

PointyMcguire · 01/01/2022 21:41

I’d love to join too please. DH (38) and I (34) have loosely been TTC for a while now, but with my 35th birthday looming decided we should probably start trying a bit harder cue buying an ovulation tracker so we could maximise our chances. December was our first month using it, now a week into our TWW and desperately trying not to read too much into the serious bloating, twinges and newfound acne that began appearing from 6 DPO Grin

Please
or

HMFx · 01/01/2022 21:43

Hi all can I join?
This will be our first time trying in a couple of weeks. Excited, nervous, scared. Feeling the same as you all as not telling anyone we are trying. Had a bit of a wobble today thinking it won't happen for us (for no reason at all!) So happy to have this space to share with you all. Good luck to you all ✨

Please
or

Rpsches917 · 01/01/2022 21:48

@PointyMcguire I’m a week into the dreaded wait too and trying not to overthink all the same things Grin

Please
or

ECA142 · 01/01/2022 21:49

Fingers crossed for us all ladies. 2 weeks has never felt so long! Are you going to wait to test or testing early?

Please
or

tbcp90 · 01/01/2022 21:53

@PointyMcguire @Rpsches917 I'm 5 DPO and trying not to read into any symptoms but it's so hard. AF due 11th Jan so going to be a long wait!

Please
or

PointyMcguire · 01/01/2022 21:57

@ECA142 @Rpsches917 so glad it’s not just me! Who knew 2 weeks could feel like a lifetime?! I think I’m going to wait until AF is due as I think I’d be more stressed if I tested too early and got a false negative. I’ve been super keen and bought FRER, CB digital and our ovulation tracker comes with pregnancy test sticks so I’m hoping if we did get a positive test it’ll be obvious.

Please
or

TinyDancer91 · 01/01/2022 22:00

Hi to you all!!

We're going to try to go with the flow a little bit. I'm thinking we won't test until AF is overdue, don't want to get our hopes up too early. How long that plan lasts we'll have to wait and see.

So excited for everyone on this thread! Please keep us updated as I'd love to hear about your journeys x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Florrie95 · 01/01/2022 22:01

Hello, I'd love to join too! DH (28) and I (27) have just started this process and I can already feel his eyes glaze over when I start talking about LH levels 😅 we're also not telling anyone so thanks for setting this thread up, @TinyDancer91 its a great idea!

I'm currently 1DPO, cycle #1 of trying but have already been googled obsessively about whether we DTD on the right days. I seriously need to chill 😂😂

Please
or

PointyMcguire · 01/01/2022 22:07

@tbcp90 AF due on the 6th for me, which seems scarily soon. I’m equal parts excited and terrified as I’ve partly convinced myself we might have sussed it this month and I’ll be so disappointed if I’m wrong (and puzzled why my body has suddenly decided to act up in mysterious ways Grin)

Please
or

tbcp90 · 01/01/2022 22:11

@PointyMcguire I currently go from being convinced that it will happen this time to thinking it definitely won't happen. So nice to have people to talk to as DH is very chilled about it all

Please
or

ECA142 · 01/01/2022 22:14

My AF is due the 11th too. I didn't really know what I was doing and thought I ordered a triple pack of pregnancy tests but it turns out there are 2 early detection tests and now the little thought is niggling. I don't know if the disappointment is worth the risk.

Please
or

PointyMcguire · 01/01/2022 22:16

@tbcp90 I’m exactly the same. I had a few days where I was so bloated I looked like a beachball and was like this has to mean something, but then I think well I haven’t had any implantation spotting so it was probably just that I ate too much over Christmas. Roll on Thursday!

Please
or

tbcp90 · 01/01/2022 22:17

@ECA142 sounds like you ordered the same thing as me. I got mine from Amazon and it's sat in my drawer tempting me Grin I'm going to try to hold off as long as possible

Please
or

tbcp90 · 01/01/2022 22:18

@PointyMcguire exactly the same with the bloating. Keeping everything crossed for you

Please
or

PointyMcguire · 01/01/2022 22:18

@ECA142 yeah realising there’s 6 days til AF is due makes me tempted to try a FRER in the morning but I don’t think I’m ready to know the answer yet.

Please
or

PointyMcguire · 01/01/2022 22:19

@tbcp90 same to you! Keep me posted on how you get on x

Please
or

Rpsches917 · 01/01/2022 22:20

@ECA142 AF due on the 7th for me so trying to keep busy until then as I don’t want to test early and be disappointed ☹️

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.