Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Ungrateful breakfast

306 replies

Jckf · 26/01/2024 10:40

Name changed as I’ve mentioned it to a couple of people. I don’t know DPs Mum massively yet as we haven’t been together long, she’s come up to our city to visit and is staying at my house along with DP as I have a spare room.

Last night before bed she asked me if I wanted a hot breakfast making before work, I told her no thanks I will just have my usual weetabix. Woke up this morning to her at my door with breakfast… a weetabix with two poached eggs on top (no milk). I couldn’t bring myself to eat it because it looked disgusting. DP said don’t worry I will tell her you don’t like eggs on a morning and you can have your normal breakfast and took it downstairs. 5 minutes later she reappeared, two weetabix with crème fraiche and raisins. Again, vile. I just wanted weetabix with some milk in the microwave.

I don’t know her well enough to ask her to not fuck about with my breakfast and I want her to feel comfortable in my house, but I’m at work now and starving because I ended up leaving without eating. I do want DP to comment to her that I had said last night I didn’t want her making me breakfast. He just thinks it’s funny and started telling me the crap combinations they suffered as kids.

AIBU in wanting DP to nip this in the bud now or should I laugh along?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

2056 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
32%
You are NOT being unreasonable
68%
BlueGrey1 · 29/01/2024 18:30

@Serrina

Calm down dear, Nobody said she tried to force feed her

Scarletttulips · 29/01/2024 19:07

OP hasn’t been seen for a few days 👀

Death by weetabix?

EmmasRegurgitatedShrimps · 31/01/2024 08:05

No she didn’t, OP, but well done for the “debate” about ways to eat weetabix, just like the current advertising campaign suggests.

chaosmaker · 31/01/2024 09:08

Although from the title of this thread I wanted a breakfast that came to life and got shirty about not being eaten.

Ilovecleaning · 31/01/2024 11:18

chaosmaker · 31/01/2024 09:08

Although from the title of this thread I wanted a breakfast that came to life and got shirty about not being eaten.

I know. The title doesn’t make sense.

shockthemonkey · 11/02/2024 08:36

I thought the thread title was ingenious. Made me think « breakfasts can’t be ungrateful «  and click out of curiosity. You can see from her posts that the OP writes well. So my conclusion is it was intentional and clever

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.