Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To think alot of you are weird

Mindmyown · 23/09/2022 13:54

Clickbait title I know, but on the back of another active thread I'm genuinely curious about this.

I honestly think anyone that doesn't instantly change into comfy clothes (pj's or lounge wear etc.) As soon as they come home are seriously weird. How can you get comfy on the couch in fecking jeans 🙈 I also can't do chores in normal clothes, has to be old pj's.
If I'm not going anywhere for the day then I just shower and get into a different pj set. I can't stand wearing shoes indoors either, so slippers are lined up on the shoe stand near front door.
My kids don't even need to be asked, once they come home from anywhere (shool, shopping etc.) They take off shoes and go change into comfy clothes. I'm in no way a germaphobe, it's not related in any way to cleanliness, its just comfort.

This was not my upbringing, my dad ran his business from our home so there was always alot of traffic at our home, people coming & going. So we always had to be fully dressed, hair neat with shoes on from early morning till evening. He thought, and still thinks, wearing pj's during the day looks dirty or lazy.

So anyway:

YABU - I don't change as soon as I get home, you are the weirdo.
YANBU - yep, always instantly into fluffy socks and stretchy bottoms.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

lemonyanus · 23/09/2022 13:56

YANBU I am working from home in my pyjamas today. Will change for a couple of hours when DS and DH get home to pretend I'm not a big lazy slob Blush

Please
or

35965a · 23/09/2022 13:56

I’m the same as you. At home I’m always in joggers and a tshirt, I’d never wear them in public but I love being comfortable at home. I also don’t like pottering around in my ‘outside clothes’

Please
or

Handsnotwands · 23/09/2022 13:56

i don't actually own any pj's

Please
or

worrywart33 · 23/09/2022 13:57

Yanbu. As soon as I get in its bra off, pj bottoms on. I can't get comfy in restrictive clothing and like you I only clean in pjs or old clothes because bleach stains!

Please
or

MomwasCasual · 23/09/2022 13:57

I think a lot of people don't realise that 'alot' isn't a word.

Please
or

mangoontoast · 23/09/2022 13:57

My jeans are comfy

Please
or

Shoxfordian · 23/09/2022 13:59

I don’t throw all my clothes straight into the bleach bucket when I get home like some of those posters on the other thread seemed to imply was needed

I do wear more comfy stuff when I’m not going out and sometimes I change into my pyjamas when I get home

Please
or

Reluctantadult · 23/09/2022 13:59

I would hate to wear pj's not in bed. Do you change into fresh pj's when you want to sleep?!

Please
or

LadybirdsLadybirds · 23/09/2022 13:59

There's no such word as 'alot'. Why do so many people think this?! It's not even very many letters to get right, for F sake.

Yes, I always change into comfy clothes when I get home. Bra is the first thing to come off pretty much as soon as I get through the front door.

Please
or

Xiaoxiong · 23/09/2022 13:59

We take our shoes off at the door, but other than that I don't change my clothes. I find jeans comfy, if I didn't, I wouldn't wear them! I associate pyjamas with either being asleep, or being ill so I get dressed properly, even if I'm WFH, otherwise I feel kind of ill or sleepy just by association.

To each their own! I don't think any less of you or think you're weird for wearing PJs.

Please
or

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake · 23/09/2022 13:59

I'm gonna sit on the fence here, I'm normally in a dress with leggings/cycling shorts, or jeggings and a T-shirt/jumper which are comfy and normal clothes. So I don't get changed into comfortable clothes when I get home coz the clothes I wear out are comfortable clothes I can do everything in.

Please
or

WaddleAway · 23/09/2022 13:59

I’m in and out of the house a lot… school runs, work, taking kids to activities, picking them up, gym, hobby etc. I couldn’t be arsed to get changed every time I entered and left the house! But each to their own, I don’t think either way is weird. Just preference.

Please
or

dotty636 · 23/09/2022 14:00

Am the same I love comfys

Please
or

NarNooNarNoo · 23/09/2022 14:00

Yep I always get into my comfies the moment I get in. Especially if I’ve been at work and had to travel on train/tube through London.

I also wear somewhat smarter clothes when I venture outside my front door, so like to revert straight back to joggers/leggings/crazy pj bottoms usually with a nice elasticated waist when the general public can’t see me😁

Please
or

ofwarren · 23/09/2022 14:01

I don't ever wear uncomfortable clothes!
I don't own a pair of jeans and bras with underwires can get to fuck.
I'm just as Comfortable in my outside clothes as I would be in pyjamas or I just won't wear them.

Please
or

W0tnow · 23/09/2022 14:01

No.. I wear comfortable clothes anyway, so I don’t need to change. We’re a shoes off household though.

Please
or

xogossipgirlxo · 23/09/2022 14:01

Each to their own. I can't stand walking around the house in pj's or sweatpants. I also sleep in bra, but couldn't care less what others do. I change from work clothes, but still want to look put together.

Please
or

Topgub · 23/09/2022 14:02

My clothes are comfy.

So if I get dressed (big if) I keep the same clothes on until I go to bed.

Work days I change into joggers before I come home

Please
or

warmeduppizza · 23/09/2022 14:03

I put on smartish clothes as soon as I get up and wear them until bed time. I thought that was normal.

Please
or

LargeglassofRosePlease · 23/09/2022 14:03

Yep. We are the same here .

I will be called a germaphobe ( don’t actually care) but my children will shower too when they get in from school and will get in pjs.

We all do.

Please
or

Hugasauras · 23/09/2022 14:03

Yep! Comfy stuff for home. I'd never wear jeans for lounging. Even the most comfortable jeans pale in comparison to my baggy loungewear. And never shoes inside either. Not for cleanliness reasons particularly but it's comfier without.

If I am having a day entirely at home I just get showered and dressed in fresh PJs Grin

Please
or

GoldenSpiral · 23/09/2022 14:03

I don't understand how jeans aren't comfy...

I would personally feel a bit embarrassed to open my door in PJs during the day but don't judge others for it. It would make me feel slobbish and scruffy though. I also feel a bit down for some reason. I feel good in myself when I'm well dressed.

Please
or

Mindmyown · 23/09/2022 14:04

Reluctantadult · 23/09/2022 13:59

I would hate to wear pj's not in bed. Do you change into fresh pj's when you want to sleep?!

Yep I prefer to shower in evening/before bed because my mornings are chaos, so all fresh clothes for bed

OP's posts:
Please
or

Marmite27 · 23/09/2022 14:04

I don’t change when I come home, but I don’t think you’re a weirdo.

I can currently ONLY get comfy in my jeans as everything else is a size too small and digs in. I usually wear a hoody or fleece on top, so always comfy.

My youngest started reception this year and as soon as they walk in the door they want their pjs. The eldest is happy in their uniform.

Please
or

Topgub · 23/09/2022 14:04

@LargeglassofRosePlease

You make your kids shower after school?

Why?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?