Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Aibu to think this isn’t okay - cleaner nespresso

Candyhats · 21/03/2022 04:56

We have a cleaner who comes in on a daily basis and obviously we have tea and instant coffee, which we keep in our home and provide for her to drink. However I noticed we are going through nespresso capsules quickly and then I realized she has nespresso(s) daily when she works. My husband does drink coffee and I’m the only one that drinks it and as a treat, even it home.

Aibu to address this with cleaner?

I tried to hide a sleeve with some capsules in, she found it and had a couple while emptying the rest into the nespresso jar.

OP's posts:
Please
or

LadyCordeliaFitzgerald · 21/03/2022 04:58

I couldn’t begrudge my cleaner a nice coffee.

Please
or

ThisBooksCanDo · 21/03/2022 04:59

You can afford to have a cleaner who comes in every day but begrudge her a coffee? Ok HmmBiscuit

Please
or

Mumdiva99 · 21/03/2022 04:59

Just don't have any capsules for a week. (Our capsules are only for occasional use too as a treat so I get it.)

Please
or

thingymaboob · 21/03/2022 05:00

If you can afford / are the type of people who have a daily cleaner you can definitely afford nespresso

Please
or

DropYourSword · 21/03/2022 05:03

You seriously begrudge her a coffee?

Please
or

Fridafever · 21/03/2022 05:03

Have you told her she’s only allowed the shit coffee or are you expecting her to just know?

Please
or

ouch321 · 21/03/2022 05:04

This must be a wind up surely...

You're sufficiently well off to hire a cleaner, and a daily one at that.

Yet you're whining about a 50p coffee capsule....!!

Please
or

sweetbellyhigh · 21/03/2022 05:04

😂

Please
or

TheLovleyChebbyMcGee · 21/03/2022 05:05

I think having a couple is different from having one. One I wouldn't mind at all, but if it was several every time I can see why its annoying. I'd be tempted to not have any for a few weeks and see what happened.

Please
or

WaterBottleLabel · 21/03/2022 05:05

A jar of Nescafé would work out to around 33p a cup just for coffee, no milk or sugar. A nespresso Starbucks capsule would be around 33p, again just for the coffee. So I don’t see the difference really and even if you buy different nespresso/coffee how much can the price difference really be that you’d begrudge her it? The most expensive ones I’ve ever bought were 44p a capsule, I couldn’t bring myself to begrudge someone I trusted in my home 11p.

Please
or

Fridafever · 21/03/2022 05:10

I'd be tempted to not have any for a few weeks and see what happened

Why? What is it you might see? Presumably all that would happen is she couldn’t have one then would start again if you got them in. What does that solve? I just it’s saves you 20p a day or whatever the cost difference is between capsules and instant.

Please
or

Gilead · 21/03/2022 05:10

DS wfh. He stops when the cleaner arrives to make her a nespresso coffee. She has one when she’s finished too, and they sit and chat. He values her and treats her as an equal.

Please
or

WaterBottleLabel · 21/03/2022 05:13

@Gilead

DS wfh. He stops when the cleaner arrives to make her a nespresso coffee. She has one when she’s finished too, and they sit and chat. He values her and treats her as an equal.

They’re probably having an affair why else would anyone let their cleaner have a nespresso. Have you even seen downtown abbey et al.
Please
or

AMessageToYouRudy · 21/03/2022 05:19

That'd make for a contemporary version of the old gold blend advert. The master of the house and cleaner lock eyes over a nespresso while the Nescafé goes stale in the jar!
Don't be a meany OP!

Please
or

timeisnotaline · 21/03/2022 05:26

You have a DAILY cleaner and begrudge a cup of coffee??

Please
or

Seema1234 · 21/03/2022 05:29

Get s grip. It's a coffee.

As for the person with the magnamanous DS, give yourself a medal. I'm sure the cleaner is overcome at being treated as as equal by being made a coffee.

Please
or

EishetChayil · 21/03/2022 05:30

So stingy!

Please
or

FTEngineerM · 21/03/2022 05:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

carefullycourageous · 21/03/2022 05:31

How much does a single Nespresso cost? Are you close to the poverty line and fear this will tip you over?

I think you are just annoyed this cleaner doesn't seem to know their 'rightful place'. If you said 'help yourself to coffee' that is what they are doing.

Please
or

Twiglets1 · 21/03/2022 05:32

You’re being tight, let the woman enjoy her cup of coffee

Please
or

FlowerArranger · 21/03/2022 05:34

Please
or

MrsTerryPratchett · 21/03/2022 05:35

Please
or

Daenerys77 · 21/03/2022 05:35

The lower classes have no shame nowadays. I bet she washes her hands in your bathroom with your scented soap if you aren't around to direct her to the outside tap.

Please
or

BusterGonad · 21/03/2022 05:38

Cleaners are worthless scum. Tell her it's only tap water from now on. Put her in her place.

Please
or

WaterBottleLabel · 21/03/2022 05:39

@FlowerArranger

I think the OP is trying to whip up a MN froth...

If the OP wants froth, she should get an aeroccino to go with her nespresso. She’d really have something to complain about then - all that time the cleaner is drinking frothy coffees and not mopping!
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.