Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mcdonalds breakfast

jd88123 · 29/11/2021 10:26

Aibu that you can't beat a McDonald's breakfast? Especially after a 13 hour night shift when you snuggle in bed and it's frosty and cold outside on a winters morning.
I know they are terribly unhealthy but a sausage and egg mcmuffin.. Yum!!
Aibu?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

MasterBeth · 29/11/2021 12:46

Everything McDonalds does is a cheap approximation of something you can get better somewhere else.

Burgers. Fries. Coffee. Breakfasts. Yes, it's sometimes convenient and yes, it's always cheap, but all of it can be beaten by much better alternatives.

Please
or

HelplesslyHoping · 29/11/2021 12:47

We had one this morning- double sausage with no egg mcmuffin and 2 hashbrowns each and a lovely toffee latte. I couldn't care less about the nutritional value when it tastes so good.

Please
or

Longingforatikihut · 29/11/2021 12:47

@PowerhouseOfTheCell

I always ask for a BBQ sauce for dipping the hash brown Wink I can’t believe they still haven’t brought back the bacon and egg bagel Sad truly the worst covid casualty

My heart still aches for their bagels and for the breakfast wrap.

Given the choice between maccies and Toby carvery breakfast though. I'm Toby til I die.
Please
or

passtheloveon · 29/11/2021 12:49

I think you deserve to eat what you want after a 13 hour shift..I can sympathise as I do 12 hour, sometimes back to back..when I come in after shift I like a pizza and a glass of wine...

Please
or

Missey85 · 29/11/2021 12:52

YANBU its the best! I love the hotcakes and hash browns 😊

Please
or

thisplaceisweird · 29/11/2021 12:56

I remember the syrup and pancakes being amazing! and the hash browns. I haven't had one in years but they are delicious.

Please
or

Queenoftheashes · 29/11/2021 12:57

I once had to have a day off work because of painful trapped gas after I had a McDonald’s breakfast. Couldn’t stand up. My doctor friend suspected an ectopic pregnancy.

Please
or

starfishmummy · 29/11/2021 13:02

I had a phase of them many years ago, usually on hungover mornings. Last one I had (more recently and no hangover) was horrible.

Please
or

Treaclepie19 · 29/11/2021 13:10

I used to love love. Wish they did veggie sausage mcmuffins.

Please
or

Treaclepie19 · 29/11/2021 13:10

*love them 🤦‍♀️

Please
or

nannybeach · 29/11/2021 13:11

Looks disgusting,and DH has had one, assured me that they are. Couldn't eat anything after my 12.5 shift,till breakfast when I got up mid day

Please
or

Icebreaker99 · 29/11/2021 13:19

All those saying how they go to their local farm shop, well that's nice dear but someone of us live in the middle of London!

As for me I miss the bagels and the wraps, always had them without the sausage/bacon as don't eat little piggies, but the pork from McDonald's is British and from RSPCA assured farms. The eggs are also free range, but according to some conspiracy theorist on the thread that's just evil Ronald talking bollocks.

Please
or

Beachhutgirl · 29/11/2021 13:20

You are totally right, OP. I promised myself one this morning after a tricky weekend, then got held up and thought I was going to be too late.

Pulled into the drive-thru at 10.58 - hooray!

Please
or

Chunkymenrock · 29/11/2021 13:20

Bacon and cheese flatbread is lovely!

Please
or

Cacee3029 · 29/11/2021 13:21

Can't beat it!

Please
or

Gatredge · 29/11/2021 13:23

YANBU - sausage and egg mcmuffin, hash brown and Tropicana. Wonderful.

I recently tried their bacon and cheese flatbread - all kinds of delicious. Want one now.

Please
or

Yayadingdong99 · 29/11/2021 13:24

Classic yum breakfast

Please
or

Toddlerteaplease · 29/11/2021 13:28

Oo. I wish you could buy them all day

Please
or

Gatredge · 29/11/2021 13:28

I found one in New York that did them all day. Had one at 11pm.

Please
or

HunterHearstHelmsley · 29/11/2021 13:32

I miss their hash browns! I don't like the muffins, pancakes or rolls so hoping that they will bring bagels and wraps back soon. Its not worth the journey or delivery just for hash browns.

Please
or

limitedperiodonly · 29/11/2021 13:34

My friend was a mcdonalds manager and they hid a burger somewhere for a few month to see what happened – nothing it looked brand new after 4 months.

Not this old fairy story again. @AdmiralCain I think your friend's recollection might not be strictly accurate. Let me tell you my true story.

I drove my two nephews home and we stopped at McDonalds because my sister said that was okay. The eight-year-old asked for chicken nuggets and his brother, aged six, asked for a Big Mac. I said: "Are you sure? Because it's quite big and you're quite small." He said yes so I bought it and they ate in the back seat.

A week later someone else was sitting in the back and found a partially-eaten Big Mac down the side. It wasn't toxic waste but it had undergone some changes that meant no one but a starving person would have eaten it. I didn't make a detailed inspection but no component of it looked "brand new".

It wasn't that my nephew didn't like it but his eyes were bigger than his belly and he was too afraid to say in case I told him off. I told my sister because it was funny. She laughed and told me to ignore him in future and get him chicken nuggets or a small hamburger.

It's fine for people not to want to eat McDonalds. But if they are going to raise objections it's reasonable to ask them to come up with credible ones. Otherwise I'll ignore them. I forgave my nephew for fibbing but as I said, he was only six.

Please
or

Honeymint · 29/11/2021 13:35

I used to love a McDonald’s breakfast when it was a rare treat.
Then I started working a job where we started a couple mornings a week with a McDonald’s breakfast. Now they’re ruined for me, I can’t think about them without feeling ill.

I really miss those days before when I enjoyed them though, so good for you OP, I’m glad you still enjoy it!

Please
or

19lottie82 · 29/11/2021 13:36

local farm shop café for me with home made sausages and fresh eggs

McDonalds use fresh eggs.

Please
or

Grapewrath · 29/11/2021 13:36

Love a McDonald’s has brown

Please
or

Comefromaway · 29/11/2021 13:38

@SpookyScarySkeletons

Bacon roll and a hash brown for me.

My 17yo is very anti McDonald's! She says it tastes like hangovers and regret.

Exactly my order!
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.