Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mcdonalds breakfast

jd88123 · 29/11/2021 10:26

Aibu that you can't beat a McDonald's breakfast? Especially after a 13 hour night shift when you snuggle in bed and it's frosty and cold outside on a winters morning.
I know they are terribly unhealthy but a sausage and egg mcmuffin.. Yum!!
Aibu?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

BigYellowHat · 29/11/2021 12:25

It’s the law to have an extra hash brown 😋 😋

Please
or

mafted · 29/11/2021 12:27

No it's boring as I've only ever have hash browns or a toasted muffin, I've had pancakes but they aren't great.
The meat and egg doesn't appeal at all.

Please
or

MissDollyMix · 29/11/2021 12:28

The only thing unreasonable about this thread is the fact it’s now way past the time maccies have stopped selling breakfast and now I really want one!! 😭
Love the snobbery that always creeps out of the woodwork on any McDonald’s thread.

Please
or

WorraLiberty · 29/11/2021 12:28

@AdmiralCain

Sorry to be a bitter Sour Puss! I hate Mcdonalds, they are they most unethical business ever and there food is pretty much artificial processed poison. I will not give them one penny.
It amazes me the amount of unethical businesses that all the mums here will boycott but because Maccy D's is the ambrosia of the hungover gods people keep going there.
I borrowed this from Mr Google:

Pink slime McDonald's
"Pink slime" is slang for "ammonia-treated lean beef trimmings." It's an industrial food process by which edible meat parts that stick to the bone but can't be stripped by a knife are recovered by mechanical means and turned into a substance that can beef up burgers and plump up chicken products at lower cost.

Shame you didn't also borrow this from 'Mr Google'....

Does McDonald's put pink slime in their food?

As Business Insider reports, McDonald's released a statement shortly thereafter which said, "Lean finely textured beef treated with ammonia, what some individuals call 'pink slime' or select lean beef trimmings, is not used in our burgers. Any recent reports that it is are false. 9 Dec 2020
Please
or

daimbarsatemydogsbone · 29/11/2021 12:28

Yawn. It's an egg, cracked out of it's shell onto the hotplate in the restaurant.

Yawn. How the fuck do they manage to make the eggs and sausage so fucking tasteless if they so wonderful?

Farm shop FTW

Please
or

TurquoiseDress · 29/11/2021 12:28

Sausage & egg McMuffin!

Yum Grin

Please
or

userxx · 29/11/2021 12:29

@TheSoapyFrog

I was talking to my OH about getting a McDonald's breakfast and he admitted he really hates them. He'd rather go to a greasy spoon caff.
Double sausage and egg McMuffin and hash browns are one of the greatest breakfasts of all time.

Greasy spoon all the way.
Please
or

Electriq · 29/11/2021 12:30

Im gluten and dairy free... Mcdonalds don't cater for me 🤦🏽‍♀️ so YABU 😂

Please
or

anniegun · 29/11/2021 12:30

Greasy slime with flavour enhancing chemicals

Please
or

TheVolturi · 29/11/2021 12:30

Love a mcds brekkie! Double sausage and egg and a coffee for me please 😊

Please
or

musicviking1 · 29/11/2021 12:31

I can't remember the last time I had one. I don't like the McMuffins, I don't mind the pancakes but it would have to be sit in for me as I refuse to do a McDonalds delivery - McDonalds just does not travel well.

Please
or

Starcaller · 29/11/2021 12:32

Yes! Double sausage and egg McMuffin and a hash brown. In an old job, if you worked the Saturday shift someone would be dispatched to pick up breakfasts for everyone. Loved working Saturdays.

Please
or

TonTonMacoute · 29/11/2021 12:32

Cooked breakfast Yes!

From McDonalds? Yuck, no thanks

Please
or

Kanaloa · 29/11/2021 12:34

Who the hell in their right mind has syrup for breakfast?
This isn't the USA (yet) thank god.

Pancakes and syrup are a pretty common breakfast/brunch food. I wouldn’t have pancakes and syrup for my dinner so not sure why it amazes you that people would have it for breakfast.

I like a McDonald’s breakfast - for me they’re associated with travelling/having a long drive ahead!

Please
or

HoseMeDownWithHolyWater · 29/11/2021 12:35

McDonald's breakfast is no fun for someone who hates egg. 🤢🤢

Please
or

Grampire · 29/11/2021 12:35

Love a McDonald's breakfast! Don't have it very often, but when I do.. sausage and egg mcmuffin with an extra hash brown (of course!). Even better when we go with the kids and they have pancakes because they always leave some syrup...dipping the hash browns into it is sooo good.

Please
or

Kanaloa · 29/11/2021 12:35

Although I don’t eat meat so it’s an egg and cheese McMuffin for me with two hash browns!

Please
or

Practicebeingpatient · 29/11/2021 12:35

@anniegun

Greasy slime with flavour enhancing chemicals

You had me at greasy slime!
Please
or

AdmiralCain · 29/11/2021 12:38

WorraLiberty - You can always tell when a politician is lying because they move their lips, yeah like the board of directors in multi billion pound conglomerate are going to tell the truth on everything their asked.

Please
or

Wingutyoy · 29/11/2021 12:38

Bold Better quality than a lot of butchers and supermarket sausages for a start.

Haha OMG are you serious! Stop drinking so early in the day.

Please
or

Shade17 · 29/11/2021 12:38

Triple sausage & egg McMuffin with 2 hash browns and/or sausage and pancakes always with a large hot chocolate.

Please
or

Whatthechicken · 29/11/2021 12:42

I think the hash browns are a bit hit and miss. I like our farm shop cafe. However, a few weeks ago I had massive breakfast at Frankie and Benny’s - it was amazing.

Please
or

NdujaWannaDance · 29/11/2021 12:43

I can't decide whether YABU or not.

I often think I want a McDonalds breakfast (egg and sausage McMuffin and hash brown) but within 5 minutes of finishing it I feel a bit queasy and I have a nasty junk food sort of aftertaste for an hour afterwards.

So I have concluded that I don't actually like them at all. I just like the idea of them.

McDonalds apple pie and ice cream on the other hand, is the food of the gods.

Please
or

toolatetooearly · 29/11/2021 12:45

I'd have a McDs breakfast every day if I could and it wouldn't make me hugely unhealthy

Please
or

evilharpy · 29/11/2021 12:45

[quote AdmiralCain]@givemushypeasachance
I'm not au fait with there current production scheme, but they did mechanically separate the beef up until 10 years ago. When you mechanically separate from the bone you do end up with bits of bone in your meat which is where you get e coli and salmonella from so they have to spray it with Ammonia hydroxide to kill the bacteria so in 2011 when you're having your Sosig and Bacun bap (Mcdonalds couldn't give a crap about you) and were happy to let their customers eat Ammonia Hydroxide so they could turn a big profit. I don't give a rats arse how good it tastes.
My friend was a mcdonalds manager and they hid a burger somewhere for a few month to see what happened - nothing it looked brand new after 4 months.[/quote]
Unrelated to McDonalds but I remember a team at my work had a packet of jam donuts from Waitrose that was left over after someone's birthday and they kept it for about 18 months to see what happened to it. They went hard but no mould ever grew on them. One night a cleaner threw them away and they were much lamented, everyone had grown quite attached to them.

Anyway. I've never had a McDonald's breakfast. I don't like their other food so just assumed I wouldn't like their breakfasts either.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.