Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mcdonalds breakfast

jd88123 · 29/11/2021 10:26

Aibu that you can't beat a McDonald's breakfast? Especially after a 13 hour night shift when you snuggle in bed and it's frosty and cold outside on a winters morning.
I know they are terribly unhealthy but a sausage and egg mcmuffin.. Yum!!
Aibu?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

samesign · 29/11/2021 11:02

I had never tried a McDonald's breakfast until I was 39! Now I love a double sausage and egg McMuffin although my waist line is not thanking me for it.

Please
or

godmum56 · 29/11/2021 11:02

large hot chocolate as well please...hold the sausage, extra hash browns

Please
or

LadyCatStark · 29/11/2021 11:11

Urgh no I love a McDonalds as much as the next person but I don’t want a burger that tastes like pork 🤢. I just have 2 hash browns.

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 29/11/2021 11:11

I'm sad that they no longer do the breakfast wrap or the bagels, or the long gone Big Breakfast. I don't like egg yolk on it's own only made into an omelette so all the muffins and rolls with their round eggs in are not for me.

Might have to try sausage and pancakes again, haven't had those for years.

Please
or

Immaculatemisconception · 29/11/2021 11:20

YABU.

Please
or

phonetica · 29/11/2021 11:23

@Wingutyoy

Disgusting processed crap Confused, local farm shop café for me with home made sausages and fresh eggs.

McDonald’s eggs are fresh.

Agree the sausage is a bit weird though
Please
or

DaphneDeloresMoorhead · 29/11/2021 11:24

I haven't had McDonalds for 2 years, it was my NY resolution 2020. Helpfully the pandemic shut them down when my willpower was beginning to go, and by the time they reopened I'd lost the taste. I can. now go in, order something for someone else and still not want anything. I'm very proud as I used to eat bloody loads on my way home from late shifts and nights. Not helped by the 50% blue light discount our local franchised one for staff in uniform even if just ending your duty.
Sausage bagels were my brekkie of choice, yum.
So YANBU

Please
or

MrsFoxyplease · 29/11/2021 11:24

I don't eat meat but used to buy 'The Big Breakfast' at McDonald's just for the scrambled egg.

Please
or

givemushypeasachance · 29/11/2021 11:24

@AdmiralCain - McDonalds hasn't used mechanically-separated beef in their burgers for almost a decade!

'Pink slime' is a deliberately inflammatory name for a fundamentally pretty basic process. Think about taking a chicken carcass after a roast dinner and boiling it up to get the scraps of meat and goodness out of it. You can call it stock and make soup, or sell it for £££ claiming it's fancy hipster 'bone broth'! If McDonalds did it, no doubt it would be called Dead Chicken Juice.

Please
or

LuluBlakey1 · 29/11/2021 11:25

I've never had a Macdonald's other than a MacFlurry a couple of times years ago.

Please
or

KurtWildesChristmasNamechange · 29/11/2021 11:25

Pancakes and sausage with syrup. I always order an extra piece of sausage. Could do with 2 syrups though but it's not an option when ordering for delivery. Still good though. With a flat white.

Please
or

BalladOfBarryAndFreda · 29/11/2021 11:26

I don’t get them either. Rubbery eggs like the fried eggs in kid’s play kitchens. Flabby bacon and tasteless ‘sausage’.

Don’t get me wrong, I like a 1/4lber with cheese every now and again but they can keep the sad excuse for breakfast

Please
or

DaphneDeloresMoorhead · 29/11/2021 11:27

What YABU about is to let it get cold by bringing it home. WTF are you thinking ?
Eat those hash browns (plural because you can't just get one) IMMEDIATELY !

Please
or

Tusco · 29/11/2021 11:29

As a student worked night-shift as a cleaner at McDonald's, they'd offer a free breakfast before we'd leave. I'd leave without it everytime, McDonald's can hit the spot at times, but the breakfasts are grim.

Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 29/11/2021 11:29

Bacon roll and a hash brown for me.

My 17yo is very anti McDonald's! She says it tastes like hangovers and regret.

Please
or

AngelinaFibres · 29/11/2021 11:31

Sausage and egg mcmuffin is my husband's favourite breakfast of all time. When he was working and had a business meeting he would always try to time it so that he could call in to a mcdonalds on the way.

Please
or

Bluntness100 · 29/11/2021 11:31

I don’t really get them either, I find them dry and not very appetising, I have a friend who loves them though, whenever we are away over night the next morning with hangovers she always tries to convince me to get a McDonald’s breakfast and I’m always like fuck no, let’s go someplace nice, she literally waxes lyrical about how good they are. Confused

Please
or

IamGusFring · 29/11/2021 11:35

Egg McMuffin and a bacon roll with brown sauce please !

Please
or

GetTheFlockOutOfHere · 29/11/2021 11:39

I do like an egg McMuffin and a hash brown. (Don't eat meat.)

Am also partial to a McFlurry and Cappuccino. Smile

Please
or

megletthesecond · 29/11/2021 11:39

Love them. But I can't eat them anymore as they don't do anything gluten free and veggie except the has browns. I have to sniff the dc's pancakes with maple syrup instead.

Please
or

FrothyB · 29/11/2021 11:40

I've had to say YABU simply because I've found the quality of them has dropped somewhat. I'll still eat them, on the road you take what you can get and I'd rather eat on the move than sit down and lose an hour in a greasy spoon. Doesn't help that McDonalds coffee is absolutely awful unless you have a Latte, and Lattes are just milk pretending to be coffee.

If you happen to be near a Tim Hortons give them a try. Much better coffee and I prefer the muffins over McDonalds.

The ultimate shit breakfast food that I keep going back to again and again at the minute though...Subway Megamelt. Footlong on Tiger Bread. Sausage, bacon, rich poached egg, cheese. I top mine off with some black olives and either sweet chilli or Sriacha sauce. Heaven sent!

Please
or

changingchanges2 · 29/11/2021 11:40

Yes please 🤤

A sausage McMuffin (no egg) with a hashbrown and hot chocolate for me.

Please
or

22Giraffes · 29/11/2021 11:41

Love a Mc d's breakfast, been craving one for the last few days! Sausage and egg bagel was the best, can't believe they got rid of it Angry

Please
or

daimbarsatemydogsbone · 29/11/2021 11:42

YABVU McDonalds wouldn't know a breakfast if it hit them in the face.

Need a prop[er Full English, Scottish, Ulster Fry or equivalent not the weird shit McDonalds calls breakfast.

HTH

Please
or

AdmiralCain · 29/11/2021 11:45

@givemushypeasachance
I'm not au fait with there current production scheme, but they did mechanically separate the beef up until 10 years ago. When you mechanically separate from the bone you do end up with bits of bone in your meat which is where you get e coli and salmonella from so they have to spray it with Ammonia hydroxide to kill the bacteria so in 2011 when you're having your Sosig and Bacun bap (Mcdonalds couldn't give a crap about you) and were happy to let their customers eat Ammonia Hydroxide so they could turn a big profit. I don't give a rats arse how good it tastes.
My friend was a mcdonalds manager and they hid a burger somewhere for a few month to see what happened - nothing it looked brand new after 4 months.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.