Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mcdonalds breakfast

jd88123 · 29/11/2021 10:26

Aibu that you can't beat a McDonald's breakfast? Especially after a 13 hour night shift when you snuggle in bed and it's frosty and cold outside on a winters morning.
I know they are terribly unhealthy but a sausage and egg mcmuffin.. Yum!!
Aibu?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

Doofas · 29/11/2021 11:46

Sounds like they have quite a wide range breakfast menu, maybe I should try it one day. I know my hubby likes a mcd breakfast, just not something I've ever experienced.

Please
or

lollipoprainbow · 29/11/2021 11:49

I just wish they did them all day instead of the cut off at 11am !!

Please
or

daimbarsatemydogsbone · 29/11/2021 11:51

@BalladOfBarryAndFreda

I don’t get them either. Rubbery eggs like the fried eggs in kid’s play kitchens. Flabby bacon and tasteless ‘sausage’.

Don’t get me wrong, I like a 1/4lber with cheese every now and again but they can keep the sad excuse for breakfast

^This

and as for
Pancakes and sausage with syrup.
Who the hell in their right mind has syrup for breakfast?
This isn't the USA (yet) thank god.
Please
or

Olliesocks · 29/11/2021 11:54

Double sausage and egg muffin with a hash brown and black coffee. Food of the gods as a shift worker.
Only other mcds I’ll have is a mcflurry.

For burgers I’d go elsewhere.

Please
or

Mrscaptainraymondholt · 29/11/2021 11:54

being coeliac I can't have very much from McD's but oh my god, the hash browns!! If I am craving it, I'll get the OJ and 4 hashbrowns - yum!!

(after 11 I have to order the burgers with no buns and fries (never had a problem to date so all good.... burger king however seem to add gluten or fry breaded stuff with the fries so it's a big no no - can't wait until they bring in a gluten free bun!)

Please
or

PrincessNutella · 29/11/2021 11:54

What? No! I associate McDonald's breakfasts meals with . . . I don't know what. Road trips, I guess? The only time I've ever had them is when I've been staying at a motel on a highway in East Bumfuck, Tennessee, or some sorry place and there's nothing for miles but the sound of trucks going by. To me, those meals are nothing but sadness in a paper bag.

Please
or

BoredZelda · 29/11/2021 11:55

I don’t like the muffin part of it. I’d rather find an oggy wagon and have a roll and sausage.

Please
or

Pbbananabagel · 29/11/2021 11:55

Bacon and egg bagel with double hash browns was the one ☝️

Please
or

ColourMeExhausted · 29/11/2021 11:56

I used to do a voluntary job that involved a night shift. After finishing at 6am I'd always go home via McD's. Egg McMuffin and hash browns. Disgustingly delicious 😋 enjoy what makes you happy OP!

Please
or

alborana · 29/11/2021 11:57

I hardly ever have McDonalds but I woke up this morning and had a huge craving for a Sausage and Egg McMuffin. They are delicious.

Please
or

BoredZelda · 29/11/2021 11:57

To me, those meals are nothing but sadness in a paper bag.

Brilliant tagline!

Please
or

youvemademyshitlist · 29/11/2021 11:58

I loved Mcdonald's breakfasts but I really miss them now I can't have gluten.
They manage to do gluten free options in other countries so I don't see why they can't offer them here.

Please
or

sashh · 29/11/2021 11:59

One of my most disappointing experiences was calling in on the way to the airport to find out it was, "too early for breakfast!

Please
or

HoldingTheDoor · 29/11/2021 11:59

Sorry to be a bitter Sour Puss! I hate Mcdonalds, they are they most unethical business ever and there food is pretty much artificial processed poison

They don't use MRM in the U.K. I'm not sure if they ever have. U.K McDonalds production and ingredients are often very different from U.S McDonalds.

According to this report from 1999, they didn't use it back then in the U.K news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/background_briefings/food_safety/264136.stm

Please
or

k1233 · 29/11/2021 12:02

Vermontfoliage

Order an extra hash brown, one to eat as it is and one to put in the muffin.

Oh yes! I get a bacon and egg muffin, two hash browns. One to go on the muffin, one to eat. I do get cranky with their lack of alignment. Have never had something from there that was put square on the bun. Always lopsided and needs centring before eating.

Please
or

godmum56 · 29/11/2021 12:04

@daimbarsatemydogsbone
'and as for
Pancakes and sausage with syrup.
Who the hell in their right mind has syrup for breakfast?
This isn't the USA (yet) thank god.'

oo oo I know the answer to this one! its meeeeee!
blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and a side of crispy bacon!

what do I win?

Please
or

crystaltips98 · 29/11/2021 12:06

Crappest breakfast in the land. Im not even sure if the eggs have egg in them

Please
or

Gonnagetgoing · 29/11/2021 12:06

This used to be my default after a night out when I had to work and if I was slightly poor too (used coupons in newspapers) - either by itself the sausage and egg McMuffin soaked up alcohol but to give it an extra kick if you got the meal and chose Tropicana orange juice and hash browns you’d get the sugar rush from the OJ and carbs from the hash browns. Perfect for commuting as you could just go straight to McDs, wolf down the brekkie and then whizz into work fresh as a daisy Wink

Please
or

DickMabutt73962 · 29/11/2021 12:07

@Vermontfoliage

Order an extra hash brown, one to eat as it is and one to put in the muffin.

I order a few 'extra' Blush
Please
or

HoldingTheDoor · 29/11/2021 12:10

My friend was a mcdonalds manager and they hid a burger somewhere for a few month to see what happened - nothing it looked brand new after 4 months.

That's not a phenomenon exclusive to McDonalds. It can happen with homemade burgers too.

www.businessinsider.com/myth-mcdonalds-burgers-dont-rot-2012-10?r=US&IR=T

Please
or

Hoppinggreen · 29/11/2021 12:10

Never had one and no desire to
I don’t really eat processed food

Please
or

Lovemusic33 · 29/11/2021 12:12

Breakfasts are the only good thing about McDonald’s, I love a bacon and egg mcmuffin and a hash brown 😋

Please
or

idontlikealdi · 29/11/2021 12:16

Double sausage and egg minus the egg, my favourite breakfast.

Please
or

SlipperTripper · 29/11/2021 12:24

Bloody love a sausage McMuffin and hash brown, but always forget to ask for ketchup to dunk my HB (I just assume it's a given, can't understand why anyone WOULDN'T want it?) and that always drives me crackers.

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 29/11/2021 12:24

@crystaltips98

Crappest breakfast in the land. Im not even sure if the eggs have egg in them

Yawn. It's an egg, cracked out of it's shell onto the hotplate in the restaurant.

The sausage patty is pretty good too.

Pork Sausage patty
Pork (97%), Salt, Dextrose, Herb and Herb Extract, Glucose Syrup, Spice, Yeast Extract.

Better quality than a lot of butchers and supermarket sausages for a start.

The hash browns are made by McCain, and are probably very similar to what you can get in the supermarket

Hash Brown
Potatoes, Blend of Non-Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed), Salt, Maize Flour, Dehydrated Potato, Dextrose, Stabiliser (Diphosphates), Black Pepper Extract.

I don't like the cheese slice and the bread isn't great, but it's probably a lot better than a lot of greasy spoons that use cheap catering sausage and bacon.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.