Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

I find Corbyn deeply unsettling

507 replies

Yarboosucks · 10/12/2019 19:26

There is something about the man that makes me shudder - the cold detachment of the man.

I really do worry about what would be unleashed if he were elected.
I can cope with much of the sentiment in the Labour manifesto, but not the man. Similar feelings about Mc Donnell, but he seems to manage to pull out some humanity in interviews

OP posts:
wafflyversatile · 10/12/2019 19:28

I dont recognise that description at all.

Anotherthink · 10/12/2019 19:30

Detached? Cold? He's the only one demonstrating he cares.

churchandstate · 10/12/2019 19:30

He’s not cold or detached.

Sparkletastic · 10/12/2019 19:31

I'd take him over Boris Johnson any day.

ssd · 10/12/2019 19:32

What do you find cold about him?
The way he wants the vulnerable in our society looked after?
The way he is disgusted at the state the NHS is in?

joystir59 · 10/12/2019 19:32

He is the real deal, been a consistent reliable MP for 43 years. Tells the truth, doesn't just come out with convenient sound bites, actually cares.

allthegoodusernameshavegone · 10/12/2019 19:32

I hear you, I honestly don’t know where to vote, if he wasn’t the labour leader I would definitely have changed allegiance to labour as I loath bullshit Boris, but I’m stumped.

fedup21 · 10/12/2019 19:32

Nope-I don’t see this at all.

I do feel a shudder when Boris Johnson repeatedly lies though. I am extremely worried by how much more damage the Conservatives will do to the country if he gets a majority.

Michaelbaubles · 10/12/2019 19:32

Have you ever actually listened to him? I’ve met him and seen him speak and he’s warm, empathetic and deeply caring about the future of the country. I have my misgivings about the Labour Party but you can’t say he’s cold and detached at all.

Elbeagle · 10/12/2019 19:32

I don’t agree, but if I did I’d take detached and cold over a racist, misogynistic liar any day.

IsolaPribby · 10/12/2019 19:33

I find Boris Johnson's flippant buffoonery deeply unsettling Hmm

DontTouchTheMoustache · 10/12/2019 19:33

Yeah feeding the homeless on Christmas day, what a monster. Would much rather a stand up chap who is rascist, obnoxious and only interested in money. 🙄

LeekMunchingSheepShagger · 10/12/2019 19:33

Eh? He’s the very opposite of what you’re describing.

OrangeTwirlGate · 10/12/2019 19:33

I’m completely impartial as I don’t know who to vote for....

And I don’t agree with you as I think he’s the only nice one out of all of them.

Hate Boris. He’s just a UK version of Trump.

ssd · 10/12/2019 19:33

Or you prefer Boris, who can't even look at the child having to sleep on the hospital floor?

Grekko · 10/12/2019 19:33

There is something about the man that makes me shudder - the cold detachment of the man.

I really do worry about what would be unleashed if he were elected.
I can cope with much of the sentiment in the Labour manifesto, but not the man. Similar feelings about Mc Donnell, but he seems to manage to pull out some humanity in interviews

Your well reasoned argument has totally convinced me to change my vote.

Thanks

Squirrelblanket · 10/12/2019 19:34

Refusing to vote for a party purely because you don't like the leader is just ridiculous. Grow up.

BeardedMum · 10/12/2019 19:34

I don’t particularly like Corbyn, but the way I see it there is no alternative. I don’t find him cold or detached. He is a politician. Professional.

BrokenBrit · 10/12/2019 19:35

He is a genuine and passionate man who has spent his life helping people and campaigning for peoples rights. In fact he has done this so successfully he has won peace prizes.
Every encounter with the public shows he is warm and personable and truly cares.
Sounds like you’ve been reading a bit too much of the s*n and the mail!!

Helmlover1 · 10/12/2019 19:35

No sorry OP, I don’t agree with you at all. I honestly find him genuine, warm, dignified and his track record proves that he has always been on the right side of history.

Shouldn’t you be basing your vote on the party’s policies anyway, rather than how charismatic the leader is? It’s not celebrity X factor.

Zolaaaaa · 10/12/2019 19:36

Ok boris

OceanVillage · 10/12/2019 19:36

I feel that way about Boris.

CactusSmactus · 10/12/2019 19:37

I got as far as cold detachment before I snorted with laughter. Try harder OP.

DontTouchTheMoustache · 10/12/2019 19:37

Shouldn’t you be basing your vote on the party’s policies anyway, rather than how charismatic the leader is? It’s not celebrity X factor.

Agree. And lets not forget that Hitler was considered to be a 'charismatic leader'

poltergust · 10/12/2019 19:37

I don't like Corbin and am not a Labour voter. I thought in the last election he came across terribly whenever he was involved in an interview or debate.

But I have to say I think he feels a lot more natural and relaxed this time around. In the quick interview about the leaked conversation I thought he seemed personable and handled it well.

I don't envy the public debating and awkward interviews any politicians have to do. But don't think it's a reason to question their capabilities in government.

It's the slick ones with an answer for everything I fear more.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.