Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

...to sometimes give toddler DD the finger behind her back?

Legbreak · 21/06/2018 21:57

She definitely doesn’t see and it makes me feel better and is always at home, not out and about etc. My DSis thinks it’s appalling.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Rainbowblume · 21/06/2018 22:54

I tell my one when she's being annoying. Quite directly and sometimes a bit too loudly.
Then I go and tell DH how annoying she is with a lot of swearing. I don't make rude gestures generally though, it doesn't relieve me in the same way speaking does. At least you're not shouting all the time.

Please
or

InsomniacAnonymous · 21/06/2018 22:54

bonzo77 "Sometimes When my 2 yr old whines “I caaaaan’t” at me, I think “you cuuuunt”."

That's genuinely shocked me.

Please
or

donajimena · 21/06/2018 22:55

I do it all the time. It makes me feel better how a little gesture can release so much pressure. I've never done it to their face. I have caught my teen returning the gesture. Wink

Please
or

Legbreak · 21/06/2018 22:56

Guyssss! Thank you.

I honestly can’t see why it would be preferable for me to either shout at her or bottle up my feelings than to tend to her (fucking ridiculous whim) then flip her off when she toddles off on her next self-destructive jaunt. DSis thinks I should suppress my feelings of frustration (even out of sight) lest it create a bad atmosphere for DD’s development.

OP's posts:
Please
or

donajimena · 21/06/2018 22:58

On the contrary its saved me from many a harsh word escaping my lips.

Please
or

Wolfiefan · 21/06/2018 23:02

Insomniac did you read that? The poster THINKS it. Doesn't chant it at the child. Confused
Jeez. So many perfect parents.
Atmosphere? Shouting or threatening or throwing a strop or sobbing or screaming in anger create an atmosphere. Not a gesture the child can't even see.
Let me guess. How many children does Dsis have exactly?!?!

Please
or

SheGotBetteDavisEyes · 21/06/2018 23:02

You'll get lots of pearl clutches on this

God, that's old , dull and passive aggressive.

It would be nice to occasionally read a thread where people manage to have different opinions without juvenile name calling.

Please
or

EtcEtcEtc · 21/06/2018 23:03

Ah, who cares?! If people are shocked by this then they really have no idea at the horror, neglect and abuse facing kids up and down the country every single day.

Please
or

user1473878824 · 21/06/2018 23:09

“This thread is actually disgusting”

I agree.

If you’re British you should be flicking her the Vs.

Please
or

Timeisslippingaway · 21/06/2018 23:17

All the time and not just to the kids 😂. To be fair my kids could be doing it to me when I ask them to tidy their room for the 43rd time that day. They've never caught me, I've never caught them, who knows 🤔😂

Please
or

Justpick · 21/06/2018 23:31

There a book called “Go the fuck to sleep”... we are clearly not alone. I like this quote from Bill when things get bad Grin

...to sometimes give toddler DD the finger behind her back?
Please
or

Justpick · 21/06/2018 23:34

@user1473878824

“This thread is actually disgusting”

I agree.

If you’re British you should be flicking her the Vs.

You win the internet today GrinGrin

Please
or

PiffyGumtree · 21/06/2018 23:50

Doesn't everyone do the flicking the Vs or tongue sticking out at their children behind their back? I still do it to my parents, I assume they do it to me. There will come a time when my child does it behind my back.

Muttering 'oh for fucks sake' internally whilst saying "yes, my love?" Brightly with a smile. He is the light of my life but he can also be a trying little bugger, toddlers can be proper knobheads.

Please
or

user1473878824 · 21/06/2018 23:54

@justpick I keep these awards in my downstairs loo.

Please
or

Bearfrills · 21/06/2018 23:56

I have four DC, my mantra is "for fucks sake, what now..." and I've flipped my children the finger behind their backs many a time. When I can't wait for their backs to be turned I put my head in the fridge and whisper "fucking fucks fucking sake" at the Dunkers and the ham. They don't hear it but I feel better.

I have also threatened, outloud to DH and in my head, to dropkick my four year old into the nearest wheelie bin. He doesn't know his new address so I reckon I'll get at least two blessed days of peace before the authorities manage to track me down. I've also affectionately whispered to the baby at 3am "I love you but if you don't sleep soon you're going out of the window". DH and I text each other when we want to swearily vent about something while the kids are in the room or to vent about the kids themselves and that hour in the run up to bedtime where they're tired but it's too early to send them up (because who wants them waking up at 5am to compensate for it!?) so they go all feral and giddy? We privately call that Arsehole Hour.

I love my children dearly but, fuck me, they know exactly how to get on my last nerve sometimes and having a little vent out of their sight/hearing does them no harm.

Please
or

Mrsharrison · 21/06/2018 23:58

It's funny. You should occasionally do the "wanker" sign too.

Please
or

megletthesecond · 21/06/2018 23:59

I flick V's at mine when they're flouncing off or I'm in another room. It's peaceful but strangely satisfying.

Please
or

SoftBallSophie · 22/06/2018 00:00

@Legbreak haha...made my day Grin

Please
or

phlewf · 22/06/2018 00:07

I like a combo, v’s with one hand middle finger on the other. Always at the door they’ve just stomped out. My mum does it when she’s driving but below window level so anyone outside the car can’t see, so she definitely did this to me. I also occasionally hear ds imitating me in a stupid voice, which is part hilarious and part horrifying because he makes me sound like hyacinth bucket.

Please
or

twattymctwatterson · 22/06/2018 00:10

Are we supposed to wait until they turn their back? Grin

Please
or

mavismcruet · 22/06/2018 00:15

I’d never give my little darlings the finger! It’s two-sies all the way in this house. I mental two-sie people all day long. In fact I’m doing it right now Grin

Please
or

Titsywoo · 22/06/2018 00:19

I do this to pretty much everyone when they annoy me so no reason my dc should be any different.

I do the one finger. Now I'm wondering when I changed from the two fingers of my youth to the one finger I use now...

Sounds filthy...

Please
or

TwoSweetenersImBitterEnough · 22/06/2018 00:22

I do this daily while muttering 'ya shit' loud enough to get it out of my system but quiet enough not to cause any psychological damage Grin also do this to the cats and dogs and sometimes DH

Hmm at all the preppy yummy mummy's who wouldn't so much as frown at their little darlings, oh I wish I could be so perfect and flouncyHalo

Please
or

looondonn · 22/06/2018 00:29

Only ever done that to a horrifically abusive ex
Not to a child :(

Please
or

70isaLimitNotaTarget · 22/06/2018 00:33

When DS was a baby (who never slept) , I took him out in his pram to walk him to sleep. Of course he grizzled as I was getting ready..

I used to run upstairs to the bathroom and shout "OhForFucksSakeDSShutUp" then saunter downstairs to take him out.

He's 18yo now, I can give him the Two Finger Salute while I scratch my chin, he doesn't twig Grin

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.