Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU about the man on the bus?

HelenaWay · 12/05/2017 23:40

He said I don't think you should sit there. I said said excuse me what are you on about? He said the bags are massive and take up the fly space.

Well that was it. I was so angry, it wasn't a big amount. How dare he say that to me. I shouted at him that he had really offended me and it backed off and sat in the flight seat.

Now I'm thinking about it I don't know AIBU?

[Message from MNHQ - please note, this thread was started in 2017]*

OP's posts:
Please
or

DramaticIroning · 13/05/2017 01:04

Was he doing a t-rex Grin *5foot5. Sharon??

Please
or

Nestofvipers · 13/05/2017 01:07

Seriously though, what flavour pringles?

Doesn't EVERYONE know that sour cream and onion are the only flavour worth bothering with? Or do only those of us who know about the fly space and bus flight seat know this stuff??

Please
or

foxyloxy78 · 13/05/2017 01:10

Love this thread! Fly space, gap, seat Lol!!!
But seriously OP, YABU. Breathe next time.

Please
or

Bubblesagain · 13/05/2017 01:10

Doesn't EVERYONE know that sour cream and onion are the only flavour worth bothering with?

Hmm you mean salt and vinegar right? Go sit in the flight seat you sour cream loving weirdo Wink

Please
or

BackInMyDay · 13/05/2017 01:14

You know you need to speak/type/say what you mean in English for people to know what you mean? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Please
or

memyselfandaye · 13/05/2017 01:17

(.)(.)

I just felt like drawing some boobs while I wait for the OP to sober up and explain a bit more about the flight seats and fly space.

I would'nt mind a pair like that. They look perkier than mine.

Please
or

Triskaidekaphilia · 13/05/2017 01:20

OP, seriously, none of this makes any sense until you tell us what flavour the pringles are.

Please
or

BeeThirtythree · 13/05/2017 01:20

Oh right her bags were taking up the gap be

Please
or

Mummyoflittledragon · 13/05/2017 01:21

Clearly not everyone knows that.

One things for sure, everyone knows: you sound like a Pratt.

HTH.

Please
or

Triskaidekaphilia · 13/05/2017 01:24

Was the rice basmati or wholegrain?

Maybe it was wild

I just get the sense it was risotto rice. But arborio or carnaroli?

Please
or

nakedscientist · 13/05/2017 01:29

We're the Pringles down OPs Jeans sticking out of the FLY space, and was the "bus" at "bus stop" called Gatwick and the man called Stewart by any chance?

Please
or

GreenHillsSunnySkies · 13/05/2017 01:30

Backinmyday You know you need to speak/type/say what you mean in English for people to know what you mean? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Ffs it can't be any clearer.
When the man said " you're taking up too much room in the fly space" OP misheard and thought he said "you're taking up too much room, Pie Face."
Wink

Please
or

Ceto · 13/05/2017 01:31

There isn't any realistic amount of space between the window and the passenger on a bus, and I don't think anyone stores their bags there. Why not put them on the floor or your lap like everyone else?

Please
or

BeeThirtythree · 13/05/2017 01:31

Oh, OP bags were taking up the gap between two seats, the man told not to sit next to him as bags carrying the precious Pringles would take up the space. OP thought he was implying she was to fat and would infringe on his space.
This is what I get so far...hats off to those who try to decipher Rosetta Stone!

Maybe he saw the outline of the tube of Pringles and he knew he would not be able to resist that Sour Cream goodness!He planned to pop, knowing he could not stop. When he was able to see into the bag, mid argument, he realised his plan to sneak some was ruined by...one of them limited edition flavours! He just sat right back in dismay?

Please
or

Rockingaround · 13/05/2017 01:31

Pissed as a fart on the night bus weren't you! - tell the truth OP Wink I'm probably making this worse but if the fly space is the bit between you and the window - how can you possibly take up anyone else's space? I think the flight seat is the flippy uppy one ?🤔

Please
or

ZebraOwl · 13/05/2017 01:31

So relieved that everyone else is as confused as I am. I thought maybe I was having some new & exciting sort of seizure that garbled the written word rather than my spoken ones...

Please
or

happymumof4crazykids · 13/05/2017 01:35

I am sleep deprived and tired, I have no idea what fly seat or flight seat means. The explanation from the op is in no way enlightening. All in all a bonkers thread!

Please
or

Ceto · 13/05/2017 01:36

Bee, he can't have been talking about the gap between the seats if the fly space is by the window.

Please
or

nakedscientist · 13/05/2017 01:38

Was this real or was it on the little telly on the back of the seat in front OP?

Please
or

BeeThirtythree · 13/05/2017 01:48

Third time...
Man told you not to take up room with bags on bus as you'd put your bags on seat next to window, thus taking up a seat.
OP thought he was saying her bulk was taking up the space. OP shouts. Man goes and sits away from her, in the fold down seats.

Am I any closer??!!

Please
or

RedDogsBeg · 13/05/2017 01:49

Whatever substance you are imbibing, OP, the rest of us are not hence we are unable to see what you are seeing.

Please
or

ExplodedCloud · 13/05/2017 01:55

Baffled bus bunny Confused

Please
or

nakedscientist · 13/05/2017 01:57

YABU OP, you have to put rice and Pringles under the seat in front, for take off.....

Please
or

MrsELM21 · 13/05/2017 01:57

Oh jeez, I am up in the night with a 3 year old with diarrhoea, I now have tears of laughter running down my cheeks, thanks for making a shitty situation much better 😂🐜

Please
or

YouWhatMate · 13/05/2017 01:57

It's not really warm enough for flies yet anyway,

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.