My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Chat

ADs head off to The Three Bellends and discuss luxury duvets and stationery

999 replies

BogRollBOGOF · 23/10/2020 20:08

(Socially distanced of course and in strictest obedience of all localised lockdowns and 3 or 5 tiers and whatever illogic the powers that be can dream up next)

The original digital discussion continues...

OP posts:
Littlebelina · 23/10/2020 20:09

Ta muchly

BogRollBOGOF · 23/10/2020 20:10

Honestly, I leave you lot alone while I put the dinner on and venture into that section and you fill up the fridge of social isolation. Wink

OP posts:
ISaySteadyOn · 23/10/2020 20:18
Smile
DominaShantotto · 23/10/2020 20:21

Greetings my sane people.

DisgruntledGuineaPig · 23/10/2020 20:22

Just checking in!

WouldBeGood · 23/10/2020 20:24

Hello..slightly expecting a ban shortly, but great title and I’ll have a 13.5 tog and a spiral bound notebook, please

amicissimma · 23/10/2020 20:26

Interesting that the two nations in the UK with the lowest percentage of cases (today - I cba to look back) have gone into the strictest lockdowns. Will anyone give me odds on them swearing after weeks of lockdown, when the cases have dropped further, that it was because of lockdown?

I hope Boris holds firm (and NI) and can counter that when their numbers also drop.

I dread to think what will happen if London has another surge.

amicissimma · 23/10/2020 20:28

Sorry, didn't mean to dement, just having a wobble.

DominaShantotto · 23/10/2020 20:29

@WouldBeGood

Hello..slightly expecting a ban shortly, but great title and I’ll have a 13.5 tog and a spiral bound notebook, please

My stationery buying addiction's kept me going through the pandemic... I now have ALL the zebra mildliners, brush pens, various multi packs of fineliners and felt tips in cases...

Just done the bulk of the Xmas shopping... online because fuck going into stores right now.
WouldBeGood · 23/10/2020 20:31

@DominaShantotto I love stationery!

Also shopping online cos of masks

DominaShantotto · 23/10/2020 20:34

[quote WouldBeGood]@DominaShantotto I love stationery!

Also shopping online cos of masks[/quote]
Oh yes and today I wasted ages by finding out all the HEX codes for pretty pastel highlighters and inputting them into the notetaking programme on my iPad so I can colour coordinate written notes with ipad written notes.

Can you tell my motivation's totally fucked for uni right now?!

TheOrchidKiller · 23/10/2020 20:43

Are we allowed nice things in the fridge of social isolation? Are we allowed fridges? What's wrong with popping your milk in a bag & hanging it out the window?!

I noticed that Rymans take in old pens for recycling. We have a lot of dried up felt tips here.

Watching An Extra Slice for a bit of light relief. Love Tom Allen.

AcornAutumn · 23/10/2020 20:45

Is it me, or does The Fridge of Social Isolation sound like a Pinter play?

WouldBeGood · 23/10/2020 20:47

@DominaShantotto stop! I didn’t know you could get those... 😍

Evenstar · 23/10/2020 20:52

I think there must be more of us, we seem to be filling threads at a rate of knots! I hope it means especially in the light of events in Wales that people are thinking about what kind of life we are living and whether all the measures are necessary and proportionate. The local council have requested Tier 2 it feels like the walls are closing in.

flower11 · 23/10/2020 20:56

So apparently the shops banning is all about fairness. Simple solution let all shops stay open. It's not shopping that spreads covid. Let people have their essentials what ever they are.

Last lockdown I needed trainers for ds as his split, knickers for dd hers were too tight due to growth spurt. Printer paper for the endless twinkle work sheets and glue and craft stuff to keep dd occupied. And lots of gin!

JamieLeeCurtains · 23/10/2020 20:56

Hello. I tagged on to the tail end of the previous thread because of The Edicts Of Drakeford.

I'm actually a bit of a prepper, and not a natural AD.

But the fencing off of 'non-essential items' that could easily be essential to a family or individual much less fortunate than Drakeford and other politicians is too much now. Much too much.

NeedWineNow · 23/10/2020 20:57

You're here! And so am I!

AllPlayedOut · 23/10/2020 20:58

Can I hide out here for a while please? They've all gone fucking nuts out there.

MissEWeatherwax · 23/10/2020 21:04

How can Wales be locked down for less than 1000 cases. We had that many in city centre! The same for Scotland, what is going on?
I have an embarrassing amount of pens and pretty notebooks. They really are dementors sucking what little joy and happiness there is in life.
I’m selfishly hoping we aren’t going in tier 3.

110APiccadilly · 23/10/2020 21:07

Hello all, if we're placing orders, I'd like a luxury tin opener please.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Bollss · 23/10/2020 21:07

@flower11

So apparently the shops banning is all about fairness. Simple solution let all shops stay open. It's not shopping that spreads covid. Let people have their essentials what ever they are.

Last lockdown I needed trainers for ds as his split, knickers for dd hers were too tight due to growth spurt. Printer paper for the endless twinkle work sheets and glue and craft stuff to keep dd occupied. And lots of gin!

I don't get this reasoning. You close non essential shops and ban supermarkets from selling stuff, are people a) going to wait until they reopen to buy their stuff or b) buy it off the internet

But yes leave them all open imo. You have to distance and wear a mask in shops how dangerous can they be!
DominaShantotto · 23/10/2020 21:08

@AllPlayedOut

Can I hide out here for a while please? They've all gone fucking nuts out there.

Welcome welcome welcome! Just when you think it can't get more fucking nuts - it never disappoints.

DD1 has just given her grandfather a lesson in how to manage his lost temper - she told him "trust me, go out of the room because you're that cross at the moment you're only going to get yourself in worse trouble - trust me, I've been there... lots" - mum rang me to tell me absolutely in fits of laughter with it (DD1 has anger management issues so has been there - a bloody lot) The kid's 8 going on 28!
BogRollBOGOF · 23/10/2020 21:08

Deliveries I had before the shops reopened included new running trainers for me (I have to update when that shin twinge kicks in) umpteen balls for DS2 to kick next door* as loads had perished over the winter, the annual update of shorts for DS1, upsized trainers for DS2, maths/ english workbooks and printer cartridges for home schooling.

The first shops I went to in June were Decathlon and Go Outdoors to deal with rapidly growing children. I tend to find their stuff cheap, cheerful and decent quality anf much more fun than the usual stuff aimed at pre-teen boys.

DS2 finally spent his birthday money on rollerskatee and pads 3 months after his 7th birthday which was at Easter so very limited. Fortunately I went off to town in anticipation on 16th March to buy him a reasonable range of presents.

• we operate a mutual ball exchange over the fence with his classmate Grin
OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.