My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Film scenes that touched your heart!

207 replies

runningonemptyfulloflove · 28/09/2020 11:58

Just that! Any scene in a film that even the thought of can send a wave of emotions over you?

For me, toy story 2, Jessies song, "when she loved you" 😭

I cry everytime. It makes me think of my little girl (age 2) she needs me now and I'll wipe away her tears and make her giggle, but one day I'll not be her whole world like I am now 🌍

OP posts:
Clawdy · 28/09/2020 12:23

The scene in East Of Eden, at the top of the carousel, when the unloved boy (James Dean ) is kissed by the girl he has always loved.

merrygoround51 · 28/09/2020 12:25

The scene in terms of endearment where Shirley MacLaine hits her grandson by speaking ill of his dying mother and then pulls him in for a hug
. That whole movie really

Closingtime94 · 28/09/2020 12:25

••SPOILERS•• The beginning of UP when Carl and Ellie are going through the life stages of marriage and have fertility issues and then Ellie dies and omg it's so sad

Greenteandchives · 28/09/2020 12:26

Please don’t make me think of Dumbo and his mummy. Lalalalalalalalala

tellmewhentheLangshiplandscoz · 28/09/2020 12:28

Oh god OP, I still can't listen to that song without ugly sobbing.

The bit in Inside Out when Bing Bong dies Sad

MadameButterface · 28/09/2020 12:29

Came here to say Up

Bing Bong in Inside Out

MadameButterface · 28/09/2020 12:29

Ha omg x posts

tellmewhentheLangshiplandscoz · 28/09/2020 12:30

"Take her to the moon for me" Sad

ChickensMightFly · 28/09/2020 12:31

In My Girl when he dies and hasn't got his glasses. My heart can't take it.

carriemathisonshandbag · 28/09/2020 12:31

••SPOILERS•• The beginning of UP when Carl and Ellie are going through the life stages of marriage and have fertility issues and then Ellie dies and omg it's so sad
This gets me every time.

Also, Sally Field's monologue in Steel Magnolias. This has got worse as I have got older and had DC myself, and knowing people who have died leaving young DC.

Wearywithteens · 28/09/2020 12:32

This reply has been withdrawn

This has been withdrawn at the poster's request.

LivinLaVidaLoki · 28/09/2020 12:34

My Girl when he dies and hasn't got his glasses. My heart can't take it

Same here.

Also, in la vita e bella when the little boy thinks he won a tank.

YippeeKayakOtherBuckets · 28/09/2020 12:34

The bit in About Time when the dad says ‘why else would I retire at 50 to play table tennis with my son’ and you realise he’s known forever that he was going to die of cancer (and when) and that’s why he created this perfect family life near the beach.

In fact pretty much that whole film.

chocchipbrioche · 28/09/2020 12:34

Spoiler alert.
The last part of The Green Mile where they're leading John Coffey to his death knowing he's innocent. All the prison officers are crying and then this giant of a man says
'Don't put the hood on me I'm scared of the dark'
😭😭😭😭😭😭😤

MadameButterface · 28/09/2020 12:38

Yondu’s funeral in Guardians of the Galaxy 2

“Mr Stark i don’t feel so good” in Infinity War

For some reason the bit in Wonder Woman when she storms across no man’s land and twats the shit out of a machine gun with her massive shield had me sobbing my eyes out as well

LajesticVantrashell · 28/09/2020 12:38

Robin Williams telling Matt Damon "it's not your fault". Gets me every single time.

MadameButterface · 28/09/2020 12:40

@Wearywithteens

The scene in Tangled when they send up lanterns on the birthday of the ‘lost princess’ - the King’s face crumples in grief. I know it’s an animation but I can’t bear it - I’m tearing up just thinking about it!

Same same same - then the end when they finally get her back, alllll of the tears
suchasoftersin · 28/09/2020 12:40

The ending of Coco, where hector finally gets to cross the bridge to the land of living surrounded by his family! That film turns me to a blubbering mess everytime. It also did the same to my ex-army stepdad.

Bytheloch · 28/09/2020 12:43

That switch to the beach scene in About Time and why they’re on the beach. It stays with you for hours and days😭 after.

ItsAlwaysSunnyOnMN · 28/09/2020 12:43

merrygoround51

I was just about to say the same. It’s so fantastically acted the little boy is brilliant. The film is very emotional but that scene comes to mind as it’s so raw

GreeboIsMySpiritAnimal · 28/09/2020 12:53

Slipping Through My Fingers song in Mamma Mia. My mum raised me by herself and I've never known who my dad is. We're very close. We watched the film for the first time during my hen do, and we just sobbed in each other's arms all through it.

It still gets me every time.

WellTidy · 28/09/2020 12:58

The bit in Love Actually where Emma Thompson is in her bedroom when she has realises that the Christmas jewellery is not for her and that her husband is having an affair. It’s the bit when she straightens the bedlinen that gets me.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

JaneJeffer · 28/09/2020 13:07

When the sisters are reunited in The Colour Purple.

runningonemptyfulloflove · 28/09/2020 13:10

Don't know if this thread was a good idea! My heart can't take it 😭 totally agree with "about time" the full time gets me!
And Ps I love you 😭

OP posts:
LoseLooseLucy · 28/09/2020 13:13

When the wife hugs Hachiko after seeing him after a long time.

When Wilson floats away in Cast Away 😭

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.