My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

ADs Not Flouting, Not Flaunting not even Brazenly Defying.

997 replies

RealityExistsInTheHumanMind · 24/09/2020 14:11

Just trying to live a meaningful life in an increasingly bizarre world in which nothing makes sense any more.

Link to previous thread

OP posts:
WouldBeGood · 24/09/2020 14:20

Great title and raison d’etre, thank you 😊

Ibake · 24/09/2020 14:24

Thanks @RealityExistsInTheHumanMind I might indulge in a little brazen defiance as the weeks roll on!

ShoeJunkie · 24/09/2020 14:25

Love the title @RealityExistsInTheHumanMind Grin

RobinHobb · 24/09/2020 14:28

Thank you for new link

RobinHobb · 24/09/2020 14:29

New thread even @RealityExistsInTheHumanMind
Losing my mind here clearly

HeIenaDove · 24/09/2020 14:33

I bet all the right wingers who were bleating about how the poor shouldnt have smartphones because its a luxury are humming a different tune now. #NHSCOVID19app

RealityExistsInTheHumanMind · 24/09/2020 14:36

@Ibake

Thanks *@RealityExistsInTheHumanMind* I might indulge in a little brazen defiance as the weeks roll on!

Yep - but we don't want to alert dementors Grin because we will only do it after doing a sensible risk assessment unlike the government.
OP posts:
BogRollBOGOF · 24/09/2020 14:45

Beautiful intro. Grin

NothingIsWrong · 24/09/2020 14:46

New thread!

Still conflicted about this bloody app. I am conditioned to want to help, but I just don't trust it...

CruCru · 24/09/2020 14:48

Lovely! Thank you.

NeedWineNow · 24/09/2020 14:48

Love the new title!

ISaySteadyOn · 24/09/2020 14:49

Love the title. Thank you for starting the new thread.

PickAChew · 24/09/2020 14:54

Great title and OP :)

TabbyStar · 24/09/2020 14:55

I'm normally pretty compliant in terms of things like the app and definitely not a conspiracy theorist, but 1. The alarmist (and incorrect?) presentation on Monday by Whitty and Vallance has really pissed me off; and 2. I have been completely excluded from any Govt support and just watched Rishi Sunak repeatedly evade questions about us excluded, so there is no way I feel I'm included in the "all in this together" so it doesn't make me feel like joining in; and 3. I don't even believe it will work properly given all the other failures with various things. This is fairly uncharacteristic for me, but that's where we are.

Worldgonecrazy · 24/09/2020 14:59

Love the title. It has given me a boost as I was feeling a bit defeated after the stupid unquestioning responses to the Death Twins on Monday. I’m feeling a bit inspired again now and will be brazenly flaunt numbers where possible.

RealityExistsInTheHumanMind · 24/09/2020 15:05

I read something that made real sense the other day.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm but have very different boats.

OP posts:
RealityExistsInTheHumanMind · 24/09/2020 15:08

I don't have to make a decision about the app as it won't work on my phone - a 4 year old Samsung. It is a smartphone but not compatible with the app.
I'm retired, my phone is on sim only. I am not paying for a more modern phone when, apart from the app, it does everything I need it to do.

OP posts:
DorsetBlueMovie · 24/09/2020 15:08

@HeIenaDove

I bet all the right wingers who were bleating about how the poor shouldnt have smartphones because its a luxury are humming a different tune now. #NHSCOVID19app

I haven't enough storage on my phone to support the recent update or a new app.... reckon Hancock will buy me a new iPhone? Grin
Taswama · 24/09/2020 15:16

My phone (an old iPhone) can't cope with the new remote entry system at the gym, so I guess it won't cope with the app. Oh well, never mind.

There have been 2 'incidents' in local woods in the last week and the secondary school are advising kids not to walk home alone. Unfortunately I think an increase in crime and antisocial behaviour is inevitable as the people in the smaller dinghies have more free time / less money. As a PP said on the last thread, we will all suffer from an economic downturn however safe our jobs may be.

And thank you for the new thread - a little bit of sanity in a world of madness!

Littlebelina · 24/09/2020 15:36

Checking in!

SirSamuelVimes · 24/09/2020 15:40

Checking in.

I'm not doing the app because I'm all out of cooperation. That's it, really.

MaudesMum · 24/09/2020 15:40

My phone is also an old iPhone, so no app for me. I would've downloaded it, if only because it'll be quicker to swipe it at various eating places/pubs/etc rather than give out my name and phone no. to all and sundry. But, not really in a position to upgrade, given finances generally.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

JamSarnie · 24/09/2020 15:43

I like technology but only when it enhances my life.

I am filling in the T&T details for restaurants which to me is enough although I am not happy about having to put a mask on now to go to the bloody toilet.

BogRollBOGOF · 24/09/2020 15:43

@Taswama

My phone (an old iPhone) can't cope with the new remote entry system at the gym, so I guess it won't cope with the app. Oh well, never mind.

There have been 2 'incidents' in local woods in the last week and the secondary school are advising kids not to walk home alone. Unfortunately I think an increase in crime and antisocial behaviour is inevitable as the people in the smaller dinghies have more free time / less money. As a PP said on the last thread, we will all suffer from an economic downturn however safe our jobs may be.

And thank you for the new thread - a little bit of sanity in a world of madness!

The number of photos shared by the police/local news "do you recognise this person?" Nope, not in a mask. (Not that I would anyway although saying that, one of my former KS4 RE students is in prison for a long time for murder. I tried...)

Ironic how normally law abiding people are being stigmatised while it's bliss for genuine criminals.
DominaShantotto · 24/09/2020 16:07

I was in the hairdressers today and, while they have to display the new QR code they're doing so in a "if you don't want/have the app - WE HAVE PENS!" way and are very adamant that they're "I'm not fucking installing THAT" themselves!

They're very AD - comply because they have to but will admit the bollocksness of some of it and how shite it is.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.