My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

The Hermann Rorschach Institute at the University of Milton North

1000 replies

DumSpiroSpero · 28/02/2011 16:36

Our New Patron! Grin

OP posts:
DumSpiroSpero · 08/03/2011 23:29

Oh, I don't know Massive - yours sounds pretty good too - and ideal for Maud if she's not a PC fan.

OP posts:
ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 08/03/2011 23:37

Yes, but Polish cordial tastes different in the Academy.

DumSpiroSpero · 08/03/2011 23:42

I think the only way we could all make it was on a week day Maud - you ok for that?

OP posts:
PhoenixRisingFromTheAshes · 08/03/2011 23:51

Where's my post?

I was just saying - please tweet me or PM me about the time of the party tomorrow, if we can't set it now.

DumSpiroSpero · 08/03/2011 23:54

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be here about 8pm. I think we're doing dress up and all that malarkey again Grin.

I think we should incorporate an awards ceremony and nominate the Top 10 photos and YouTube vids - what d'ya reckon?

OP posts:
ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 08/03/2011 23:55

That's fine for me, Spiro. Being extremely old and absent-minded I had forgotten what we'd agreed, that's all.

Phoenix - The parties usually start when the first person turns up in their party togs, which is generally about 8pm-ish.

::Covers a potato with silver foil and starts to impale cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks::

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 08/03/2011 23:58

Great idea, Spiro, although I dread to think what some of the categories will be.

The Ikea Award for Most Athletic Use of A Kitchen Table

SupermassiveLBD · 08/03/2011 23:59

Sounds like fun, Spiro.

SupermassiveLBD · 09/03/2011 00:03

Grin @ Maud's award. We all know who that will go to.

DumSpiroSpero · 09/03/2011 00:03

Fab - will see you tomorrow (no doubt before 8pm!).

Just getting down to it with John now so must be off - byeeeee! Grin

OP posts:
DumSpiroSpero · 09/03/2011 00:04

Oh Massive - don't get me started on that one when I've just got my mojo working with Mr Standring!

OP posts:
SupermassiveLBD · 09/03/2011 00:05

Right-o Spiro, have fun. Now where is that Duraglit...maybe Phoenix has got it.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 09/03/2011 00:07

Oh I'm sure you can, Massive. Off to bed now. See you all tomorrow.

::Practices dancing in high heels::

::Breaks ankle::

SupermassiveLBD · 09/03/2011 00:11

Oh, Maud, do be careful, those Abba style platform boots are lethal. Is it really broken or just s sprain? Shall we call the doctor out?

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 09/03/2011 00:29

::Looks back at you, as was waiting for telly prog to end::

Hmm. It hurts a lot. I can't put any weight on it. It would be wise to get a medical opinion, don't you think?

::Smiles weakly::

PassTheTwiglets · 09/03/2011 07:51

I know it was a while ago now but I just ROFL'd at "small child hammering on door" :o Also at "on fire - or at least you will be" and the awards categories!

I've had a RL Sgroppino and it is DELICIOUS (although 'twas as a dessert rather than a cocktail). I don't drink Polish Cordial either as a rule but I like it in cocktails. Lemon Sorbet with vodka on is a dessert in France too - they call it Troika. YUM SCRUM IN MY TUM!

See you at the soiree...

DumSpiroSpero · 09/03/2011 08:01

I rather thought you'd appreciate the sgroppino, Twigs.Grin Am liking the sound of troika too. School run beckons anyway. See you later.

OP posts:
TheSmallPrint · 09/03/2011 09:58

morning all. I am tired. DH snores too much.

SupermassiveLBD · 09/03/2011 12:09

Morning all. Well, Mr Porter, part one.
Is it my imagination, but he was looking awful tired through most of this. He did look nice in his grey tee shirt and jeans, as per the Michaelangelo.
And I loved how gentle he was with various damsels in distress. How his gruff soldier voice softened.

I am sure he will grow on me even more, as I watch the rest, but so far he hasn't had the sledgehammer effect Guy and Lucas had on me. Watch this space!

Will try to get bacK later but I have quite a bit on today. I shall see you this evening though!

PassTheTwiglets · 09/03/2011 12:51

Small, so do I - I often wake up to find that DrTwiglets has given up and has gone to sleep on the Z-bed downstairs :)

Massive, I didn't really like him that much at first - he was a bit of a loser - but soon after that... WOOF!! :)

I forgot to tell you - a few days ago, MissTwiglets came in giggling and showed me a picture she'd drawn. It was two stick figures, labelled Mummy and Guy, and Mummy is saying "I love you, Guy!" :o

SupermassiveLBD · 09/03/2011 13:10

Oh golly Twigs, out of the mouths of babes and sucklings eh?

Good job the Superboys have the emotional awareness of turnips, or their mummy's stick figure would be saying the same thing. I wuvs my Gizzy.

I shall look forward to the increasing thudworthyness of JP then.

As an aside, we are in the midst of a huge storm here, so I just hope my connection stays up. But if it doesnn't, you'll know what has happened!

TheSmallPrint · 09/03/2011 13:22

Massive he is a very different character to old Gizzy so no surprise that he hasn't quite hit the spot with you yet. Give him time. Wink

Twigs, I haven't slept well for a couple of weeks now as between DH snoring and DS2 waking up several times a night lately(why? WHY???)I am a shadow of my former self. Tonight I am going in the spare room with the big feather duvet and I'm going to sleep for England.

I may be late to the party, I have parents evening at the same time as it starts. Not looking forward to it, DS's teacher was not very nice last time.

PassTheTwiglets · 09/03/2011 13:58

Symapthies on the waking boys, Small - we don't have a night without TwigBoy waking up and wanting to come into our bed - which I wouldn't mind if he didn't then fidget and kick for an hour before falling asleep.

Good luck with parents' evening. If teacher is mean again, there is someone who's got your back.

random pretty picture

TheSmallPrint · 09/03/2011 14:01

ooh that first one is nice, wish he was coming with me then I bet the teacher would be nice! His eyes look green in that photo.

PassTheTwiglets · 09/03/2011 14:14

I noticed the greenness as well - looks odd, doesn't it? (albeit not in a bad way!)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.