My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

The Hermann Rorschach Institute at the University of Milton North

1000 replies

DumSpiroSpero · 28/02/2011 16:36

Our New Patron! Grin

OP posts:
SupermassiveLBD · 08/03/2011 22:40

Goodness, Twigs might have been more careful with her nails, the poor man is scarred, look!

TheSmallPrint · 08/03/2011 22:41

What? Giving up bread or being gentle with JP?! Grin

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 08/03/2011 22:42

Well, being an anxious sort when it comes to The Girl's health, I asked one of the GP mums in the playground (as you do) whether I should whisk her down to the doctor's and she said there was probably no point as if she was going to have a massive allergic attack she'd already have had it. She seems fine now. It was weird seeing her with narrow eyes because her eyelids had puffed up so.

I saw talk (probably in Active Convos) about giving up MN for Lent. Imagine that! Chocolate is my usual one. What do I get out of it? A return to my svelte size zero figure, I hope.

::Hollow laugh::

SupermassiveLBD · 08/03/2011 22:45

Spiro, who is Gizzy-sitting tonight btw, you or me?

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 08/03/2011 22:48

Do you think the poor boy's feeling lonely?

::Bows down in awe before anyone who has given up chocolate for any reason. Of course, I only eat it for charitable reasons. There's a cocoa farmer in Ghana who is entirely dependent on the money I send him via Cadbury's::

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 08/03/2011 22:49

And no, none of us are hay-fever types.

::Curious and curiouser::

PhoenixRisingFromTheAshes · 08/03/2011 22:51

I'm desperately in need of some Gizzy goodness (or badness) tonight...

DumSpiroSpero · 08/03/2011 22:51

I have a hot date with a certain Mr Standring, so once again he's all yours.

Am hoping it might be my turn for Mr Porter tomorrow though!

OP posts:
WhoDaresWinsJohnPorter · 08/03/2011 22:54
SupermassiveLBD · 08/03/2011 22:54

Do you think the poor boy's feeling lonely?
Who, Gizzy? He's got half the female population of the planet running after him, wanting to cheer him up, from what I read on t'interweb.

Poor GardenGirl, it must have een scarey for you, Maud, I hate it when the Superboys, or even Mr M, are under the weather and I don't know what the matter is.

SupermassiveLBD · 08/03/2011 22:58

He's got half the female population of the planet running after him
There you are, you see, up pops Phoenix, right on cue.

SupermassiveLBD · 08/03/2011 22:59

Phoenix, are you okay? You sound like you have had a bad day.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 08/03/2011 23:03

Yes, I was worried that Gizzy might be feeling neglected although, as you say, there are many other ladies eager to look after him.

Almost the worst thing was that Girl and Bloke were both insistent that nothing was wrong, when quite obviously there was, as her eyes had narrowed to slits. But then, Bloke is the sort who even if a limb was attached only by a thread would insist that everything was fine (while, if he has a cold, this is in fact The Most Serious Disease Ever In The History Of The World). Girl, meanwhile, won't take any form of medicine and it has to be disguised in her food - although she is wise to that now and sniffs everything suspiciously. I therefore hate it when she's ill, not only because she's ill but because I dread the battle of wits to get medicine inside her.

::Downs more wine::

DumSpiroSpero · 08/03/2011 23:08

Mr Porter - if it is my turn tomorrow you're going to need all the sleep you can get Wink!

Maud - have Garden Girl's symptoms cleared up now? I can sympathise re the medicine. DD is ok now but until about a year ago she was nightmare - she could smell medicine even in food or drinks it was a pita!

OP posts:
DumSpiroSpero · 08/03/2011 23:09

Whassup Phoenix?

OP posts:
PhoenixRisingFromTheAshes · 08/03/2011 23:10

Yes, thanks I'm ok, but too much to do, to little time again....need to add a few hours to the day.

Maud, that sounds bad...I've never had to contend with really sick child, touch wood.

SupermassiveLBD · 08/03/2011 23:12

Oh, Mr M always has the Most Serious Disease too, but he is equally panicky about the slightest sniffle in the Offspring, in fact it was he who set me off on my career as a worry-wart, I used to be quite blase about it all in my yoof....

Do you think the boys suffer from The Most Serious Disease-itis too?

DumSpiroSpero · 08/03/2011 23:13

On a lighter note, I think I have found the perfect cocktail for the Academy to adopt:

yummy!

OP posts:
DumSpiroSpero · 08/03/2011 23:15

I'm sure the boys and their RL friend probably all suffer from Most Serious Disease-itis - only human after all, no matter how much our daydreams may have us thinking otherwise.

OP posts:
PhoenixRisingFromTheAshes · 08/03/2011 23:26

Thanks Spiro, I needed that!

SupermassiveLBD · 08/03/2011 23:27

I thought you were posting this one then, Spiro. Dare I say it, but yours sounds nicer.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 08/03/2011 23:27

Oh that does sound delicious, Spiro. I used to have a cocktail recipe using limoncello. Must dig that out, too.

Dares not admit to not much caring for Polish cordial in real life

That's the strangest thing, Phoenix. Whatever it was, wasn't serious and went away. It's the not knowing that's hardest to deal with, I think. The Girl has always been incredibly well and healthy - some of her friends from babyhood were a non-stop blend of puking and snot but somehow she avoided both - so having a child that looks unwell but is adamant that she is fine was disconcerting.

DumSpiroSpero · 08/03/2011 23:27

So, what time are we 'partying' tomorrow night?
OP posts:
ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 08/03/2011 23:28

::Braces herself for the arrival of the slow comfortable cocktail::

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud · 08/03/2011 23:29

Is the party tomorrow?

::Lost the plot::

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.